llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: A Game of Intelligence  (Read 15205 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Ra

• Journeyman
    • Awards
A Game of Intelligence
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2004, 10:21:24 PM »
I don't know about those other games. My son's into Lord of the Rings war games, but he's a bit young for role play. I use D + D as the closest model I have. I am sure things have progressed since D + D though.

Buddah? A code? Me? Well, actually it's quite easy. Buddah says OM (Operation Mind****)

Oh, it's Not A Signature. I'm faking it. SIGNATURE? GET US IN, RA.

And NITE SUGAR (that's Cleopatra, Ra's girlfriend)

Now listening to 'Cleopatra's Theme' by Cleopatra.

Offline Ra

• Journeyman
    • Awards
A Game of Intelligence
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2004, 10:56:28 PM »
Talking of Cleopatra (my favourite part of the game), do you recall the story where Cleopatra is delivered to Caesar rolled up in a carpet? Well, Cleopatra's real name, as you may have surmised, is Jo.

Should we apply the code to Cleopatra, we can change the L by 2 to J, thus making A CARPET JO. Heh heh......

Jo likes to sing. She's got a pretty cool voice.

Strange coincidences concerning the lead singer of MADASUN (M + A + D = R, thus RA SUN).

Her face was totally airbrushed over.

She wore a top with a snake printed on the front.

The CD was released by V2 (a type of rocket).

Produced by ARNTHOR (ARTHOR) for MURLYN music.

Sleeve by SATTELITE.

The CD I've got is called 'Walking On Water'. WOW!!!!!!

Now listening to 'Walking On Water', REMIXES, by MADASUN.

Offline Ra

• Journeyman
    • Awards
A Game of Intelligence
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2004, 11:40:27 PM »
Talking of role play, as Arthor, I am entitled to carry Excalibur (now at home on planet Eris).

So, I made Excalibur II. It's a light sabre. Of course, it's powered by psychic energy.

Anyway, I walk up the High Street with Excalibur II in my pocket. I go into the Star and order a pint of Stella Artois and place Excalibur on the bar.

'What's that?' says a bar maid.

'It's a light sabre.' She picks up the light sabre (constructed from a bicycle pump, a heater element tube, loads of 2mm copper wire, and an Alumininum Crystal. The body is bound in leather, which is capped by part of a light bulb. It doesn't work. It's made in code).

She grasps the weapon with both hands and goes through a few moves. She looks like a pro.

'Fun.' she says, returning Excalibur II to me. I place it back on the bar.

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
A Game of Intelligence
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2004, 12:08:50 AM »
Most of the fun of it is just being plain odd I see.

Ok. Main issue is with the code right? Right? (sawlight) So if that is the case and when actually playing it is only 10% of the game (give or take) we should probably, for the time being, concentrate on the other aspects of the game and solidify them in our mind.

Ignoring the code for a moment...really...((everybody, please)) lets look at the other cool stuff that we can do with the game.

So first thing I am going to do is figure out who I was in my past life. Justify it through logic and we can help each other out with the code to give further proof.

I am going go to try and decide who my first attempt will be. Probably Nikola Tesla. I have first dips :)

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Ra

• Journeyman
    • Awards
A Game of Intelligence
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2004, 10:26:14 AM »
Cool.

Telsa, what a strange choice.

In the book.

Page T (20) only has 8 lines, but I've checked it out and it definitely decodes.

However, as Tesla was a brilliant scientist, this code is torturous.
I'm not going to reveal the VITAL link, but it's mentioned in this thread.

If you get this, you've earned Tesla.

There is a devious clue in the name, Tesla.

It's really hard, devious, almost cheating (but not quite), and took me about half an hour to suss out how to decode it (you're going to say 'Oy, you can't do that').

Hang on, Tesla's quite recent, which means there's probably a photo or two available (if the EST haven't changed them). If there's a picture and it doesn't look like you, you should 'prove' that the photos are fakes.

If you LOOK like Tesla, that's good enough. (most of my identities haven't got pictures, except Marc Antony)
______________________-
Reality is like fantasy with hard edges. Excerpt: Explaining The Real World. Leonardo Da Vinci.

Offline Ra

• Journeyman
    • Awards
A Game of Intelligence
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2004, 10:56:12 AM »
See previous post.

You should try and find some SHORT Ids (2 or 3 letters) like Ra, or Cat. Obviously Ra and Cat are very good. Jo is good, but I use 88 and BE or Y.

A character like Tesla will expand your scientific ability, but will be a minor identity. Gods and Heroes make good main Ids.

It's best to start with a straight anagram of your name, changing no or few letters, and seeing which gods and heroes you can get as partial anagrams.

(well, that's how I started anyway)

How many ways are there to play this game?

Wierd? Maybe. It depends on how much you get into the role. An extraterrestrial WILL misunderstand local customs.
_______________________-
'Haven't you got any stone axes.' Unknown cave man upon receiving an M16 assault rifle from the Federation.

'And he just didn't want it. Why?' Commander Ra after attempting to give an M16 assault rifle to an unknown cave man.

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
A Game of Intelligence
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2004, 01:17:34 AM »
Well, my main point of using a past life first was to try and develop some interest. Everybody is, justifiably, hung up on the code. Once we start thinking about that and get some possibles then we can try and help each other out and justify them in other ways.

I am just trying to find a way to break into this game without being immediately overwhelmed by everything.

Level 3

Offline Ra

• Journeyman
    • Awards
A Game of Intelligence
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2004, 10:18:55 AM »
Yeah, kinda blows you away, doesn't it. If you're still finding the code difficult to accept, you might be more interested in 'coded' artefacts. Some of theses coded artefacts will already be in your possession.

Coded artefacts will have letters or numbers written on them and only anagrams are used to decode. For example, I have a VWPolo. When you turn the ignition key upside down, the VW symbol becomes OM, and underneath are the letters AH (Operation Mind****, Ah!!!). Since these artefacts generally have few letters they are a doddle to decode.

One coded artefact I got was a ring. It had 18 bent lines (L) and one straight one (-) spelling Ra (181).

Not getting on with the code at first is fine. As I mentioned, it is permissable to choose any identity and bluff it out.

ROLE PLAYING: You are a sleeper agent waking up. The code is ALL you have. You have a job to do, and you know the code subconsciously You carry out your orders automatically without decoding anything.

THE CODE: Yes, I'm beginning to think we need a whole 'entry level' game to sweeten it up. It would have to teach the code in some way. Really, once you can remember the value of each letter, the code becomes easier. I don't work in letters at all. I work in numbers.

I can see that this game is very difficult for your average D + D player. I've tried Cat Fever Cafe out in Freeform, where ONE message is displayed, however, even this seems too difficult (though I can't quite see why the Captain could understand which was the weakest link in the code if he couldn't make head nor tail of it.)

SOME IDEAS FOR THE INITIAL GAME:

Do partial anagrams of your name to discover your identities.

Do anagrams of objects you possess to get your initial 'message' (when I started, I was using street maps, telephone directories, anything).

Prove the identities (or not) by reading history/reference books. eg. Hermes picks stones out of the road and so do I.

The code is just A = 1, B = 2, C = 3, no complications.

Decoding is by anagram, and can be 1st order (no wrong letters), second order (one wrong letter), etc.

Rewriting history (conspiracy theories) is done by studying history books, and requires ONE simple decode using one SIMPLE code word. These code words will be stipulated (eg. HORSES, or anything to do with HORSES).

If that doesn't cover all of the aspects of the game that you like, tell me what I've missed and I'll throw some more ideas your way.

At the end of the day, you have carte blanche on any decision you make.

I think that the main problem is in lack of role playing. You know, if you're faced with a dragon in D + D, it MATTERS what dice you throw. In the same way, the code is important in WWIII. Maybe if you could write some editorial driving this point home (explaing in graphic detail a scenario for the player making them regard the code as important).

The Rubik Cube was impossible for most of the population, however, everyone bought one. This is better. It's FREE.

In the same way that books were written solving the cube, books will be written on how to play/solve WWIII. I want your 'book/pages' to be supplied with the game. That will make 11 files (A.:A.:, heh heh.....).

You are still paying an interest, we must be on to a winner, I think.

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law
__________________________-
'It's not a game, it's a weapon.' Hermes Trigestimus.

Offline Ra

• Journeyman
    • Awards
A Game of Intelligence
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2004, 06:42:04 PM »
Some suggestions (thought I'd give you a tour of the game).

I've taken it as read that you've got Tesla (see my e-mail if you haven't).

As Tesla, you will be able to find code among Tesla's theorys and laws. Also, the subjects he studied might contain code.

As Tesla, you will know how to decode these, although it was some time ago that you wrote them, so expect to be a little rusty.

Your choice of Tesla tells me to SET about 121. TES = SET about (the other way round), LA = 121 = one to one guide to the game.

If you can decode the formula that Tesla was famous for (I don't know what that is, but I can decode it) you can give yourself lots of gold stars.

THE e-mail laughs finitely true (in game, er.... reality).

CLUE: Two words.

Pointy eared D + D character.

Rhymes with clue, is giant striped cat.

The answer to each part of the clue is true.

That's your code name. It begins with ET.
________________________-
'Who ever said life's a game, it is now!!!!' Prince Ambion of the Elves.

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Ra's Rambling
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2004, 06:27:07 PM »
Didn't want to just delete it, but don't want it in my inbox anymore either. Figured I would just store it here. (No, I don't know why I want to save it, but it does still have a little of my interest)

Level 3

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Ra's Rambling
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2004, 06:27:25 PM »
Dear Commander Strolen,

Since you have earned Tesla by using the LA to AU formula, this gives you 'magic' powers.

Au is the symbol for gold in the periodic table, and symbolises a state of enlightenment (in alchemy).

This means you are an 'Enlightened Master', with all the connotations that implies. you can walk through walls, etc.

To prove your magic ability, you might 'teleport' something. Say you lose something, then it turns up in a strange place. If you can decode the event, you can claim it as teleportation.

You can use the spell ELF's as a member of ELF. To find out what this spell does, decode ELFS (WIND amongst other things). So, if it's too windy for you, try this spell to calm the wind. Don't think 'ELF's', just decide to use the spell (it's an 'automatic'), and if the wind dies down (or does what you want it to) you can give yourself more experience points.

Concerning 'magic'. These are 'live' spells, straight from the A.:A.: (a VERY secret magic order). Any code for a word can be used as a spell, even if it doesn't make sense.

Spells are difficult to make as there is no known coding procedure. However, you are an Enlightened Master, and your 'subconscious' knows how to make up spells on the spot. You will disguise your spells as ordinary speech, delighting in thwarting your enemy with an elegant phrase.

Keep up the good work, Commander. The Federation is counting on you.

Commander Ra,

Erisian OS, Fed Op SA.

Level 3

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Ra's Rambling
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2004, 06:28:12 PM »
yes, but there is method to my madness.

(did you catch all my posts? I got into a chat with the Captain and buried them)

You like conspiracy theories? Well here's a very caustic one. Hope you like to play hard!!!!

FAR TOO HOT FOR THE FORUM

I've got lot's of conspiracy theories, but they're quite likely to upset people. If you are an American Government sympathiser, I would advise that you destroy this message now.

This is all part of MY game. You can elaborate or ignore at your pleasure.

It really is a bit strong.

WARNING: HIGHLY POLITICAL AND REALISTIC. MAY CHANGE YOUR LIFE FOREVER.

The bad guys are France and the USA. The USA is a puppet government ruled from France (check out France's role in the American Revolution. The statue of Liberty was a gift from France). France is the EST's centre of operations.

ELF had their HQ's in the UK and Japan. (note the Japanese Sun Flag, Land of the Rising Sun)

NOT antisemitic, but NO sympathy for the initiators of genocide.

Well, ELF is very religious, and has contempt for all infidel religions. The reality of Eris is so evident, ELF find it strange that people worship false Gods (male, yeuchh!!!!).

Right. Since you haven't read Illuminatus, you don't know what's going on. I would suggest looking up the PD on the net. This will explain the Discordian Strategy. (Principia Discordia) It's only 60 pages, and the complete version is on the net. (Prime Directive, PD, heh heh....)

(the game was created for fans of Illuminatus, which is one crazy book, and was meant as a present for ELF. Trouble is, I can't find any Illuminatus fans, and ELF aren't going to surface. They already know the code, so we can chat away quite happily to each other. ELF wants the world to know of their existance. We do music, films, art, etc. We could destroy, say, New York (and after Hiroshima and Nagasaki, I'd be tempted to press the button. They still celebrate that victory/mass murder) but we are not murderers, and we aim to save lives (like Superman). ELF know all about what happened at the end of World War II. The transport ship for the bombs being sunk and most of the crew eaten by sharks (see Jaws) just after delivering the bombs (covers up certain radiation poisoning). The fact that America came up with the bombs just after invading Germany (who were working on the bomb) and had two different types, the Fat Man and the Little Boy, or the Fat Boy and the Little Man in some texts. They only tested one type (of the 3 bombs) so how could they know that both bombs would work?If you've got two types of bomb, you do two tests, surely, and is it a coincidence that both types were completed simultaneously? Anyway, Germany had no heavy bombers, thus the V2 rocket was the only possible delivery device. Then, in 2000, Fat Boy Slim released Vauxhall Brother (V2, slim enough to fit into a V2 rocket, the Fat Boy). ELF remembers. Also, the MI6 building is at the end of Vauxhall Bridge. Yea, do people dance to remember the REAL holocaust. Wait till you hear what I've got to say about Pearl Harbour!!!!! MI6? ELF are MIFfed!!!!)

Russia had far more fatalities than 6,000,000, but America was anti Russian.

Israel (Jehovah) created genocide, but more than genocide. All the men, all the women, all the children, all the cattle, all the sheep, etc. DNAcide. (see Samuel books 1 + 2)

ELF have nothing to do with MI6. MI6 have their fingers in LOTS of pies (hot bomb storage?). Charlemange Intelligence One have infiltrated MI6 and corrupted it.

ELF are not terrorists. They are an Intelligence Agency, which is how I know so much. And I intend to let world to know the atrocities committed by Governments in the name of Freedom. The American Government will be tried as war criminals by the Federation once a viable World Government has been created by the human inhabitants of planet Water.

ELF is engaged in Operation Mind****.

Operation Mind**** is about creating propaganda of an anti establishment nature. (and much more. I've already rendered the CIA inoperative with the code. Beaten by a war game, heh heh....)

The establishment (it even begins with EST) comes out with so many OUTRIGHT LIES, that ELF are producing 'counter' lies.

ELF is basically a counter intelligence outfit (well, my branch of it).

This is why so much weight is placed on 'proof'. It has to be believable (or at least suspend disbelief).

When a Government commits murder, this is called Justice.

USA get ONE building blown up, and they DESTROY two countries. How many Afghanis does it take to avenge the death of an American?

'If you make sure you're connected, the writings on the wall. But if your mind's neglected, stumble you might fall.' Stereo MCs. Connected.

Level 3

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Ra's Rambling
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2004, 06:28:47 PM »
Hi Strolen.

I totally missed your posts, sorry.

I've put in a couple of replies.

You like the identity bit? Groovy!!!!!

Number and letter pages 1 to 26 in pencil.

Look up your initials on each page ( so SC would be line 19, letter (or word) 3)

If you find an I or a U, look at the page number/letter and you have your initial.

Think of some one you like with that initial and get decoding. should take about an hour.

It's called 'a game of intelligence' because of the espionage.

Who put the ESP in espionage? We did!!!!!

It's also called that because it's an open intelligence test. I would have elaborated, but someone with an IQ of 250 will love this, and they must be VERY lonely and bored.

For all us lesser mortals (?), a bit of instruction is required.

Level 3

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Ra's Rambling
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2004, 06:29:19 PM »
Excellent. You see the potential for the game on the net. Yes, using different forums and message boards. The next address should be supplied by another op ideally (in the other forums thread), but in early stages of the game, a number of sites could be allotted code words before play.

Decoding is very difficult at first. It?s best to start with identification. Here?s how I do it.

My name is Ra, which is 181 (R = 18, A = 1). Therefore, in the 1st line, word 8?s 1st letter will be A. The R is spelled out as 1st line, 8th word (or letter), the 1st letter confirms the word by being A (or if the 1st line 8th letter is A).

Jo, being Ra?s girlfriend, will place an S in 1st line, 8th word, 1st letter, spelling Ra?s.

Jo is 10, 15 (J = 10, O = 15) which adds up to 25. Thus in Jo?s messages, the 2nd line 5th word might be ?her?, or the 2nd line 5th letter will be Y (Y = 25).

In real application, each message will contain several ?Id codes?. There will be many possible keywords, such as Cat (my nick name) which will be turned on and off so the ?enemy? can?t pretend to be ELF ops.

As an RPG, you can ?decode? into posts. The writer doesn?t have to be playing. So one could imagine, say, that Luke Lavin is an ELF op, and decode his posts.

The code is top military spec, as it cannot be proven to be a code at all, since messages can be coded by accident.

The game is made very realistic, because when you ?meet? another op, you don?t decode the message at all. You just make sure you?re reading the right message by checking the Id code, then go ?Aha!!!!? and KNOW that you understood the message SUBCONSCIOUSLY. (the enemy can read your mind using telepathy machines, but you are a highly trained op and can do your job without thinking about it. You only decode the plot when the mission (op) is over.)

The ?plot? of the game can be created by decoding one word per message, as one word in the right place can decode to many different things. If you take a look at the end of Project 88, you will see an example of how economical the code is. The code demonstrated is 14th December at 4 am. 4 = D. thus we get D am, or DAM. 14 Dec = 14, 12 = NL. NL means HOLLAND, as NL is the car sticker Id for the Netherlands. HOLLAND means Hope Our Love Lasts And Never Dies. And DAM implies AMSTER, which is an anagram of MASTER, which Ra is.

I like to confirm the various stages of a mission by finding ?associated? items in Charity Shops, etc. This gives me a souvenir of the game, and decorates my computer with trophies. (CDs are a great way of getting ?messages?. One word or line will be picked out as the ?message?. Charity Shops are best as anyone can give something to a Charity Shop and it goes on display almost immediately. This makes the game more realistic, as your ?support? team is placing items in these shops for you to ?decode?. Puns are included as codes, thus when I was talking to Zeus, I found a carved antelope, which ?spells out? Zoos (Zeus, yuk yuk?.))

It is great fun to decode the names of organisations. For example, MI2 decodes to MIB (Men in Black) and is an anagram of IBM. (MI2 is of course an earlier version of MI5 and 6). MI2 also decodes to ELF.

The game, in book form, is far better than what I?ve given you here. It comes as 10 Word files, and coded into it are the names of various gods/goddesses, and much more. Pointers are given on how to use the code, as we are very creative. When transferred to the forum, the line length is different and hence messes things up. I will be pleased to forward you theses files (about 15 minutes, it?s got a pretty cover) should you desire.

I am MOST pleased that you are taking an interest. As a 41,030 year old extraterrestrial, you can imagine that I will need help making a game for Waterlings.

Oh, I had a look at your records, and on 18th August (181 again) 2002, 71 people registered. Two posted. Gary posted 6 and Drphluid posted 181. Allow me to show you the decode.

71 = GA.
181 = Ra, or ME.
Thus we get GAME
GARY minus GAME = ET

18th August 1998 was the date of a great victory for ELF, and Ra posted RIB 1998 in the Tavern when the post count read 104 1998. 104 means ten four, good buddy, CB talk.

If you look up the 1st line 8th word of this message, the first letter is G, making RAG, which is college for a practical joke of a conspiratorial nature as far as I know. Indeed, GARY is an anagram of RAG, Y (Y = Jo). Gary posted 6, which gives us the 6 needed to turn the G in the 1st line 8th word into an A, spelling Ra.

Take your time, this game takes ages, and is best played slowly. You are a sleeper agent waking up, and thus know nothing at first, not even your own name. I am very happy that you take the time to look. Thank you.

Since you are familiar with RPGs, I would be most happy should you include the code in a game of your own design. Ra isn?t selling the code. It?s a present to planet Water. Ra gets paid by the Fed Op Space Agency. However, the code cannot be copyrighted, as it has been publicly demonstrated.

The book is a game in itself and a very good starter, as I will have coded your identities into the book. Thus, I will recognise your ?signature? (code names) without me having to say, ?Your code name is?.? I cannot recommend enough that I send you these files, as I think you are in an excellent position to spread the word.

PS. For examples of Id codes, look in any of my posts, as I have been playing this game since I arrived. My code names are Ra and Cat. Look at the times and dates as well, as sometimes the message is there. I have posted the story line in Project 88, plus a few examples of ?silly? code. My other posts are coded so only Jo can understand them, except when I am talking to you.

A major part of the game is proving your past lives, and retelling your legends. For example, I have ?proved?, without a shadow of a doubt, that I am Arthor, and hence am entitled to carry Excalibur.

Excalibur = X Calibre = JO (X = 10 = J). That?s right, I named it after Jo.

This planet?s name is Water, and H2O = JO (H + 2 = J).

So ?prove? your identitiy, then look for ?tags? that you?ve put in very unlikely places.

On the Periodic Table, Ra is element 88 (?Ra and Jo, Jo and Ra?..? sang Cat tunelessly.)

My middle name is Mark, so my Middle Inner Backwards (MIB) name is Ra.

Oh, and look for acrostics, reading the first letter of each line. We often put instructions there.

You need a code book. It will be obvious to you which book is your code book. This book will be available to you, and probably your favourite. In this book, you will be able to look up dates. For example, I look up 3 2 MMIV in Illuminatus and find on page 321, line 3, word 1, letter 3, is M (3, 2, MM (MM = 1313)) Then the 1st word, 5th letter (IV = 15), is AND. Thus I know you are a human and not an EST (AND = DNA). And AND and M make d**n!!! (am I good, see Project 88.) and 4 MAN. (for Mankind)

The game book is a code book, and I suggest I e-mail it to you. You?ve got about 2/3 of it in Settings Forge, so it?s not essential reading, but in it I explain how I decoded my identities, and it uses copyrighted material which I don?t wish to post. And when it?s printed up and bound with Acetate, it looks really cool, and you can write in it as you decode it. (Even the cover, which is an oil painting, is in code. And the title. Did you ever see Contact with Jodie Foster? Think Contact. It?s all code, every last word??.. that should give you a clue, every last word??. read every last word of the sentences in this paragraph. When it stops making sense, I?ve signed it Cat??.. Hope you enjoy??:)

Level 3

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Ra's Rambling
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2004, 06:29:53 PM »
Today I bought two CD singles by A1 (A1 = A.:A.:) from one of my local Charity shops.

A1 covered Take On Me (TOM, as in TOM CAT) by Aha (Aha = 181 = Ra) but I?ve already got that one.

The first CD is Summertime Of Our Lives (LO OS backwards, Hello, OS (Operational Services)).

The second track is, and I believe this is addressed to you, Be the First to Believe.

The length of the CD is 18m 18s, = 181 (Ra) Hermes (8 is the symbol of Hermes).

The second CD is Caught in the middle. The middle of caught is UG, which decodes to BAG (U = 21 = BA). Or the middle could be augh, which decodes to Au Hg, Au being Gold on the Periodic Table, and Hg being Mercury. This is because I am Hermes (Sh, me Re!!!! (Re is another spelling of Ra)) and Gold is the state of the Enlightened Master according to Alchemic tradition. BAG means, it?s in the bag!!!!

Well, that let the C(h)at out of the bag!!!!! (Francais)

The second track is One More Try. This spells out OM (Operation Mind****) Neo, try Re!!! Oh, I?ve got an Oberheim Matrix synthesiser. Also TOM, again??.

You don?t have to go further than anagrams and A = 1, B = 2, C = 3,??? at first??..

Level 3

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Ra's Rambling
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2004, 06:30:15 PM »
As you may have noticed, this is a very detailed game, and some explanations are required. I have set up a scenario that so fits reality that it can make you weep and laugh (some detective work involved unless you want to wait for the book). The code is totally viable for military use (not that we?re going to kill anyone). Here?s how we do it.

Id codes. OK. You?ve got A = 1, B = 2, C = 3.

If the letter you?re looking for isn?t there, deduce the difference between the letter that is there and the letter you expect. So, if you?re checking out Ra, and the 1st line 8th word 1st letter is D, where you are looking for an A, the difference from D to A is 3. Thus you look at the third word or letter (of the 1st line), or the 1st letter of the 3rd row, and if it is a C, or an A, this confirms Ra.

How coded an Id is depends on it?s state. If I say, ?Ra?s going on holiday.? that could mean that Ra is no longer a valid code. But because it is sunny when you go on holiday, and Ra is the Sun, it can also mean that Ra should be EMPHASISED (you find an A at the 1st line 8th word 1st letter). The words, ?total eclipse? will turn it right off for about ten minutes.

These associations make computer decoding impossible. It?s also fun, when you do it like we do it.

Develop your own code words, two or three letters is best, like Ra and Cat. You don?t have to tell me what they are. I will know (says Ra mysteriously, but he?s not sure??).

If someone is talking to YOU, they will use your valid code words. You won?t have to establish the other players code words, unless you know them already, as in my case, and Jo?s. It is mainly unnecessary to know your contacts Id, as long as they have the right code words. (you don?t have to post to communicate with us. A dolphin named Betty is tracking you at this moment. She decodes your every action, your every word. And does THAT confuse Charlemange Intelligence One!!!!! Sadly, lots of dolphins are needlessly slain as suspected A.:A.: ops, but A.:A.: dolphins can teleport, so none of our ops go down. Just their children?.. Ra blinked back the tears as they dripped on the keyboard???)

This code is surprisingly unbreakable when you use, say, four codes words per op. With the differing states of each code word, and the speed with which we change them, it impossible to keep up.

Oh, and setting up ?meetings? is very expensive, so don?t expect it to happen every day. You will come across enemy decoys pretending to be your contact on a regular basis. Your cover is blown, and you are a marked man (since this game was originally called Fantasy Star Trek, and you are ST Role N. N = AD). However, the situation is ?A? Ok. (You can also make decoy agents by decoding into some innocent bystander?s thread) You unconsciously know the ?plan? and are sticking to it to the ?letter?, heh heh. (yeah, I was Nostradamus in a past life. Lots of us can predict the future)

6 months ago, I sent out 26 copies of the game to various web sites. Who knows how many players are out there? But when you play WWIII, agoi, it plays you right back (if you get good Ids. The more common the letter, the better the Id. Agent XZ will have a VERY difficult time). (oh, we use Tarot Cards for Ids. Pick any card other than The Star and The World and the Aces, and that?s a code name to be worked on. So if you were the Prince of Wands, the code name could be POW).

?Oooh, I just know that something good is going to happen?..? sang Kate Bush. ?Utah Saints, Utah Saints?. ? shouted the Utah Saints??. Cat smiled. Something good was going to happen. Something VERY good???

Level 3

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Ra's Rambling
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2004, 06:30:37 PM »
Cat turned up the stereo?.
?We are Phorever People and we don?t have to look that far to find ourselves???.?
?That?s the Shamen.? said Cat, turning it down again. ?You see, it?s not a game.? He turned up the volume?
?We are here and now among you?? ? ?Hear that?? said Cat turning it down again. ?There are thousands of us here. Take KLF, which is cute code for ELF??.? Cat turned up the stereo again. It was the next track on a compilation CD, ?The best DANCE album in the world EVER.?
?KLF is gonna rock ya?? ? He turns it down again. ?Ever hear of the Justified Ancients of Mumu, the JAMs? Get on the net and look up Principia Discordia. Buy The Illuminatus Trilogy and read it (definitely recommended for the highly intelligent). Anyway, there?s the JAMs, ELF, the A.:A.:, the Legion of Dynamic Discord, and we all work together as allies. Some of us are in more than one, but this is possible because they are all fronts for the Erisian OS (Operational Services). Brush the sleepy dust from your eyes, Commander Strolen.? Cat passes Strolen a hot black coffee.
?So who am I?? asks Commander Strolen.
?That?s for you to remember, Commander.? Cat doesn?t salute, partially because the Space Agency gave up such trivial trappings of authority millennia ago, and partially because he also has the rank of Commander.
?Here?s some stuff you need to know??
Nothing is true, anything is permissible.
It is impossible to make a mistake.
Never whistle while you?re pissing?? I never did get that last one?. Oh here?s some useful general code words?. HORSES (Eris OS)?.. ICE CREAM?? KALLISTI (for the prettiest)?. the OM sign?.. of course, we only use the root code when we?re doing a ?cowboy?, so I might use SADDLE instead of HORSES, MAGNUM instead of ICECREAM. There are some associations to KALLISTI in the history of the Trojan War?? well, you get the idea?..?
?This is all so much at once?? ? started Strolen.
?Yeah, sorry. We?ve got a war to win, and I am in a hurry. You can take your time.?
Commander Strolen sat up at hearing this. Of course, the war?.. ?Are we winning??
?Ever heard of The Art of War? The battle is won before it is started??? I?m going to hang around till you understand the ?game??, Cat winks, ?then I?ve got to be other places??? ?

OOC: One thing I forgot. A letter can be changed by the value of it?s position. Thus, an S in the 1st line 8th letter position can change by 18 to A. Similarly, an S in the 1st letter of line 18 position can change by 18 to A. Also, an S in the 18th letter (of the first line) position can change by 18 to A (or the 8th letter of the 1st word).

Cat turns up the stereo again.
?I?ve got the key, I?ve got the secret, I?ve got the key, to another way?. ? ?That?s the Urban Cookie Collective, and it?s sung by Charlemange? Cat shouts??.. The next track starts, it?s part two of the compilation CD.
??This is what KLF is about??. also known as the Justified Ancients of Mumu??.. further more known as the JAMs??. All aboard, all abound?.. the last train to Trancentral?? over and out??? ?Good, innit!!? yells Cat??.. he?s turned it up REAL LOUD??. It?s coming up to track 11 (A.:A.:)???Listen to this?.. it?s the Shamen again?? ? he screams???.
?I?m done sending to outer space, to find another race??. I?ll take your brain to another dimension?. I?ll take your brain to another dimension?.. I?ll take your brain to another dimension?.. Pay close attention.?
?Great innit?? says Cat, bouncing up and down. He loves Rave??. Actually, he loves gaRAage, tRAnce, RAve, RAndB (R?n?B), and as a Discordian, he loves DISCOs???.
?We?re UNBELIEVABLE!!!!? he cries? There was a loud knock, at the door? Strolen looked around. He was sitting at his computer, and Cat was nowhere to be seen. ?It was all a dream?..? came Cat?s thought in his mind?..

?NOT!!!!!?

Level 3

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Ra's Rambling
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2004, 05:35:04 PM »
Interesting madness.
Too bad he left. I was looking forward to what insane (literally, not funny insane, but reality-confusion insane) threads he would spout off next.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Ra's Rambling
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2004, 05:36:00 PM »
And I could never quite establish when he was playing his "game" and when he wasn't, if he was ever really not "playing" at all. I wonder if he really is wacked out?
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Re: A Game of Intelligence
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2006, 08:24:30 PM »
another bump...had to do it...ooohhhh the memories.

Where are you Ra?

Level 3

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Item Guild Lifeforms Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Golden Creator 5
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2006, 09:14:02 PM »
 :hypno:
Strolenati Guild – Adept-Seeker
Dwarven Guild – Ironball Steelbutter
Level 2
STR: 4 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3
Authentic Strolenite™©®
ex-illuminati Strolenati
Down with elves

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2006, 09:36:18 PM »
That is about the best summary I have seen about these threads.

Level 3

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Item Guild Lifeforms Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Golden Creator 5
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2006, 09:49:25 PM »
well, I tried to read most of this after your BUMP, and I would like to present a highly abridged version (as I humbly see it)

Ra: jhdiohrfhq;oihrfqijfr;qijr'cqjr

Strolen: this sounds intriguing, I'm in!

Captain Penguin: eh? why is this fun?

Ra: jhsofho;rqhefo;qwhfoiqwhfhi

ephemeral stability: interesting, but makes little sense

Ria Hawk: I hate code

Strolen: so, tell me more Ra

Ra: jhqfgqerugfqo;ehtf'pqetgiprehgierwhgioewhg

Strolen: hmmm, I see. Bare with me, I am a code neophyte.

Ra: ojwqhf;qerhfheriohgieworhgewiogtw;hgwhgwi

Captain Penguin: I still dont see why--

Ra: kwhdfo;qewhfo;hfrohfo!! iwqhfiqerhfiqerhfiqerh!! kjhfhqerfheqrfhoqerh!!

Captain Penguin: ok, fine.

Strolen: ummm, you may want to slow down on the PM's Ra (reading between the lines here strolen  :P)

Ra: Ok! oirehfoeifhoeiwrhioewrhgiewrhgi'qejht'qwj3tojhq'hjti;qht

Strolen: so, this is some wild stuff! Now lets see, other than the code, how is the game actually played?

Ra: jrehfouqeghf;ohfrouihewrgiewrg, ;dshf;heriofh

Strolen: no no, thats more code, I'm asking, how do you play--

Ra: lkewhdoiwqh;oihyrsldkjgidg

Strolen: right, thats more code, but what happens between the--

Ra: jqwhfuohqer;fhrewi;ghewrg

Strolen...cod--

Ra: ewh;ogfhorewgf, qi;hrfihriqhrv'wr

Strolen:....-ing

Ra: EXACTLY! ojishfhhdgdhgwgj'rjg, fhwrefh!!

Strolen: please stop PM'ing me.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 09:57:21 PM by Murometz »
Level 2
Authentic Strolenite™©®
ex-illuminati Strolenati
Down with elves

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2013, 02:08:31 PM »
I'm finally ready to play, after re-reading this for the fourteenth time! (14=The number of pieces the body of Osiris was torn into by his fratricidal brother Set!!!)

I will re-arrange the letters in Murometz, into Murometz, to get my historical alter ego, Ilya Murometz (Mythical Hero!)

I don't have a middle name so in effect we get, "0". Zero (In saying zero divided by zero is zero, Brahmagupta differed from the modern position.)

Where was I?

The "M" in Murometz is the 13th letter in the Alphabet. (The Templars were doomed on Friday the 13th!!!)

Using the code and some calculus, it should be obvious by now, that we get the following formula...Murometz divided by 8 (“Hermes bowed his head in thankfulness to the Great Dragon who had taught him so much, and begged to hear more concerning the ultimate of the human soul. So Poimandres resumed: "At death the material body of man is returned to the elements from which it came, and the invisible divine man ascends to the source from whence he came, namely the Eighth Sphere)...plus Marduk multiplied by 88 equals...

Back to 8. See?

8 Billiard balls each denoting a planet, excepting Nibiru of course!!!

Code: Aristotle never liked Plato. De-code!

-----------------------

Some kinds of nails, such as those used for defending the soles of coarse shoes, called hobnails, require a particular form of the head, which is made by the stroke of a die.--Charles Babbage (inventor of the computer. See how this works??!!)

Die! Dice. Back to D + D.

WHO   ARE   YOU? NEW WORLD ORDER.

Look at the $5 Bill. Abraham Lincoln=B-a-s-b-i-b-l-E- M-h-m-m-m-m (See what I did there?)

OM> Amitabha Buddha. Next. 8.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 02:44:19 PM by Murometz »
Level 2
Authentic Strolenite™©®
ex-illuminati Strolenati
Down with elves

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Elite Plot Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Systems Guild Golden Creator
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2013, 05:19:31 PM »
Delving into the mystery that is Ra.
Wild speculations from AG, based upon, eh, code.

Ra lived in Hampshire, UK, where he posted a lot of, eh, code to Strolen's Citadel.

As a matter of fact, the company he wrote all this from, yes, it is a company, has its own website.
http://www.virginmediabusiness.co.uk/About-us/Corporate-info/

Lo and behold, one of Richard's disiples, here to worship at our citadel of glory.

Lets take a look at where he sat writing all this code to us...
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=260+Bartley+Wood+Business+Park,+RG27+9UP+Hook,+Hampshire,+UK&hl=en&ll=51.278697,-0.951167&spn=0.011664,0.033023&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=59.249168,135.263672&hq=260+Bartley+Wood+Business+Park,+RG27+9UP+Hook,+Hampshire,+UK&radius=15000&t=m&z=16&layer=c&cbll=51.278697,-0.951167&panoid=TiJW3_VxLL1eNrp3rGaUSA&cbp=12,182.38,,0,2.46

Ooooh, shiny offices!

And it goes without saying that he likes drag too!

Here's some pictures of Richard in drag:
https://www.google.com/search?q=Richard+Branson+drag&client=firefox-a&hs=N8O&rls=org.mozilla:nb-NO:official&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=7AmhUvHvM4bF4wSW5YGIAw&ved=0CDIQsAQ&biw=1920&bih=926

Sorry for the mindless natter.

I just wanted to join in on the fun.

And of course, Ra is from the moon, like Gossamer.
Not from Hampshire, UK.

This was all just for laughs and giggles.

And if any of it was to be true, Virgin Media is an ISP, and Ra probably just a customer.

Tudeluuuh.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 05:24:34 PM by Ancient Gamer »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!