llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: A Game of Intelligence  (Read 18583 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Ra

• Journeyman
    • Awards
A Game of Intelligence
« on: January 26, 2004, 01:18:36 PM »
Hi there. Here’s a game I’ve been developing for three and a half years. I’d like to know what people think, so please feel free to make comments. It’s not an easy game to play, so take your time. If anyone cares to add anything to the game, feel free, there are no rules……………

OFFICIAL    A:.A:.   DOCUMENT

World War III, a game of intelligence, is a role-playing game to end all role-playing games. It is as complex as you want it to be, or as simple. You can play on your own with very little outlay. You can play anywhere, anytime, and even if you’re playing with other people, you, or they, can stop whilst not interfering with the progress of the game.

Dice are not used, and turns are not taken. This is truly a game from another planet. As a game of intelligence, it will lead you past the conspiracy theorists. You will discover that very little is what it seems.

Set in the present time, aliens and extraterrestrials are fighting it out on planet Water, the name given to Earth by space travellers. Confusion is the name of the game, the aliens have infiltrated most establishments. Some governments are doing deals with them to obtain advanced military technology. Even the laws of physics have been bent. Einstein is wrong, and history has been altered.

The rules are simple. There are no rules. This is war.

THE   SITUATION

The world has been invaded by aliens. These aliens, although they don’t look human themselves, have humanoid transports with cloned human flesh covering. They are of varying size and can imitate any living person. They cannot be harmed by conventional weapons. The alloy they are made from is tough stuff.

They are called EST. They are not DNA, and they come from Alpha Draconis. In the reign of King Khufu, the descending passage of his pyramid aligned with Alpha Draconis. As you read on you will discover just why his name was Khufu. The EST come seeking metal. This solar system is made of metal planets. Under interstellar law, these planets belong to the native life form of the system. They want it to die. Also they wish to appear blameless in this matter, or to put it another way, they don’t want to get caught.

You are an A:.A:. or Erisian Liberation Front op, a man in black (or girl ), a universal police person. The problem is that the EST use telepathy machines to read your mind. So you have a plan, but you can’t remember it. You have a rank, which you have to discover by use of code. You do your job seemingly by accident. Oops!

In an honest fight, EST will lose. The A:.A:.s technology is far superior, trouble is, under interstellar law, no advanced technology is to be used on primitive planets. The EST intend to take the planet by stealth.

The A:.A:. are an extraterrestrial outfit, whereas E.L.F. are partisans. In order to save planet Water, both are, with as low a profile as posible, countering EST plans for planet Water’s demise. Your job is to hunt and destroy EST by stealth, but this you will do seemingly by accident, without even thinking about it. You have no weapons, but might have psycho kinetic powers. If you have, you can use them to kill EST, but no one, not even yourself, must see this happen. You must disguise you actions. This is a covert operation. If your rank is high enough, you can order meteor strikes on EST bases, or organise raids on EST establishments. You will communicate mainly in code.

WHO   ARE   YOU

You have secret names. You are immortal. Your present name is an alias if you’ve been here in a previous lifetime. It may be an anagram giving clues to your previous lives. You may find other evidence of your previous lifetimes. For example, representations of yourself may appear in history books.

The Erisian Liberation Front is an anarchist organisation and therefore has no ranks. A:.A:. ranks are based on tarot cards.

As an example, I am Cat, Ra, Ace of Wands, I have been Marc Antony, Arthor, and Hermes Trigestimus, amongst other identities.

You must use your own identity, you cannot be me, or anyone else, unless you can prove it. It is unlikely that disputes will arise over identity, but if they do, perhaps some disinterested party could decide who had the best proof.

If your previous identity had a skill, you must possess a similar skill.

Proof of identity can take many forms, but it must be verified by true code, or something witty or clever.

Alternatively you can assume any identity and bluff your way through it.

PLAYING   THE   GAME

Once you have discovered who you are, or before, you can select targets. A hit is confirmed within 24 hours by seeing an image of the target, or a code relating to it, anywhere. Also, if someone mentions the target in conversation within 24 hours a hit is confirmed.

As an example, if I want to destroy the Houses of Parliament by meteor strike, I say, ‘The Houses of Parliament’, or ‘Take out Big Ben.’. Alternatively you can just think it. If I see the Houses of Parliament on TV within 24 hours, I have a confirmed hit. What an easy target.

Hopefully, you will have some reason for selecting a target. We don’t want to kill innocent people. Try to be certain that anyone at the target is an EST. In the example case, this is quite likely.

Dice are not used.                                                                    

Points, or rewards, which are better, are awarded thusly:

Outrageousness scores points.

Historical accuracy scores points, but the history books are propaganda so you’ll have to read between the lines.

Past victories and achievements score points according to how much evidence you can muster.

There are no rules, you can score points for any validated activity, for example, confusing bluffs, looking good, etc.

THE   OPERATION

The operation is Operation Mind****, or OM. Both sides will attempt to confuse the enemy. False codes will be presented reporting the condition of the war. However, the EST do not understand humour and they are not very clever, so you can identify real news of your teams successes, revealing the truth about planet Water, by how funny or clever it seems. Also, it has to make sense. It is always a good idea to be wary of groups presenting themselves as E.L.F. or the A:.A:..

The EST have lied about lots of things. They work as experts in their fields and distort the truth. They may work in any field, so be wary of expert opinions. Operation Mind**** was designed to counter this trend by producing, amongst other things, so much confusion that it overloads the system, exposing the EST’s frauds.

THE    CODE

The code is simple in essence. A=1, B=2, C=3, etc.

Anagrams are used. The anagram is always the last move in the decoding process.

Much of the time you will have to change letters before you do an anagram. Letters can be changed in many ways, but there is always a difference when you change a letter. For example, the difference from A to B is 1, and from A to E is 4.

The difference in the change between the letters can be verified by the letters in the original code, so if the difference is 5, say we are changing a D to an I, and the 5th letter is E, this verifies the change. Similarly, if the 5th letter is N which is 14, and 1+4=5, the change is verified. Also if the 5th letter is  I, the change would be verified.

The difference can be verified by the position of the letter to be changed. So the T in THE can be changed by 1 to S, as it is in the 1st place, producing SHE.

The difference can be verified by the number of letters in the word containing the letter to be changed. For example, the D in DOCK can change by 4 to H, making HOCK.

Sometimes the required change will produce a higher number than the number of letters in the code. Say you have 2 words, total 11 letters. A difference of 13 could be 1st word, 3rd letter, not the other way around.

Alternatively, if the code is in a text, verification may be found in the 1st line, 3rd word or letter, or the 1st letter of the 13th line.

If a word is used as verification, it must be pertinent, for example, if the word is RIGHT.

A letter can be added to the end of a word, only one though, of the value of the position it will occupy. For example, a 4 letter word can have an E added to its end. However, once this letter is added, it cannot be modified further, except by anagram.

Letters can be removed. The number of letters are added up in groups. For example, if we wish to change LACKED to LAD, we can take out a group of 3 letters, namely CKE, and verification is found in the 3rd letter which is C, or 3. If more than one group of letters is to be removed, the difference will have as many digits as groups of letters. For example, if we wished to form ACED, the difference would be 11. Verification would be found at 1st word, 1st letter, which would have to be K, which it isn’t.
Similarly, groups of letters can be turned directly into letters, for example, a group of 3 letters can turn into a C. This can be combined with the above method, so, using LACKED as an example, we can remove the L because it is a group of one letter and it occupies the 1st position. K and D can both change to A as they are groups of one letter. Do the anagram and we get AA ACE.

Letters can be changed into numbers and back into different letters. For example, RA = 181 = AHA.

The 1st letter of any word or the 1st digit in any group of numbers can be removed as it is a group of one, and in the 1st position.

Consecutive numbers can be counted either way. For example, 2, 3, or 23, or B C, or W.

Here is a good example of the code in action.

Extraterrestrials call this planet WATER because from space it’s mainly water.

WATER is an anagram of EARTH, except the H needs to turn into a W.

H is the 1st word, 5th letter, so we can add O, or 15.

So  H+O makes WATER.

Earth, the brown planet.

SPECIAL   CODES

Any letter or number can represent it’s equivalent in the tarot, I Ching, or similar ancient system such as Kabbalah.

Roman numerals can substitute letters and vice versa. For example, V=22 or 5, E=V, etc.

Groups of letters can be added Kabbalisticly, for example, CAT = 3+1+20=24=2+4=6.

Op means operative.

O.S. means Operational Services. (The real name of both the A:.A:. and E.L.F. )

Puns may be used as codes.

Sometimes ll can become H. (That’s LL ). This is called the bar code. To use the bar code you must find verification in the actual bar code attached to the text.

AH=R. This is called the AH code. For example, Queen Elizabeth II said ‘Annus Horribilis’. Here we take the initials and are left with 2 groups of letters. NNUS = 4, ORRIBILIS = 9. 4 9 = DI. So the code reads, AH DI.

I = U.

Any symbol can be used in a code.

COMMUNICATIONS

Communications, except when you meet another agent, are performed by dolphins and whales, who telepathically track all ops and make sure that all messages get to the right place. Of course, any meaningful communication will be in code, disguised as an every day action, or disguised as something. The important thing to remember is that the EST have telepathy machines and the chances are that they are tuning into you right now. After all, you are reading this. For this reason it is better to work out the code after the objective is achieved. This objective can be getting a message out, discovering a previous identity at an opportune moment, etc., and if you’re really on the ball, you can select targets in code, only revealing the target when it is too late for the enemy to do anything about it. Confirmation of a hit is revealed in the usual manner.

DOLPHINS decodes like this.

D/O/L/P/HIN/S   The HIN group of letters can be removed because the 3rd letter is L, which equals 12, or 1+2 = 3. The D and the L can both count as As as they are one letter groups.

Thus, we get AA OPS.

WHALES is more cryptic.

H can change to F as it is the 2nd letter.

This gives us SAW  E.L.F.

NEWS

News is any information verified by code in a way that is funny, or clever, or both. It can be about the true history of planet Water, if there is such a thing. It can be about dodgy theories in science. Here’s some examples of news.

This planet’s real name is news to most people.

Einstein discovered atomic theory from a pint of beer, or was it a litre.

E = MC squared. Let’s add this up.

5 = 13 (3 squared). Or 5 = 117, or 5 = 1 + 3 + 9. The only way it can add up is to change the E into a D, but what does D mean. Let’s look at an equation that does add up.

F = MA. The F can change to an E as it’s in the 1st position. So we get:

E = MA, or 5 = 131, 1 + 3 + 1 = 5.

I before E except after C.

The EST like the population to believe interstellar travel is impossible. If you think about the idea of an object gaining mass, mass being a real constant, as it travels faster, and furthermore getting shorter, you might imagine that someone is pulling your leg.
                                                                             SLEEPERS

All ops playing this game are sleeper agents, at least at first. This means that you might start out as a humble E.L.F. op, then discover that you have the rank of a tarot trump in the A:.A:..

THE   ENEMY

If you are playing this game, you are unlikely to be an EST, If you are an EST, you will notice digital displays, graphs, etc., in your vision, so don’t worry too much if you don’t get these symptoms. On the other hand, if you can see these displays, I would advise absolute panic.

Anyone disliking this game for any reason is suspected of being EST.

Anyone supporting rules of physics that don’t add up could be an EST.

Anyone moving too fast, or being too strong, could be an EST.

PRIMARY   OBJECTIVE

The primary objective is to convince anyone of the validity of news. This will not be easy, but you are in the elite, so anything is possible. If you can’t convince people, you can at least get their minds thinking, which is a sadly rare state of mind.

STARTING   OFF

This game can seem complicated at first, so I’ll give you a rundown on some common codes.

WEST = Breaking apart EST.

O.S. = Operational Services, which is the real name of both E.L.F. and the A:.A:..

OP = Operative.

HORSES = Eris O.S.

I = Me, Myself, I, etc.

You see lots of horses in westerns. Let’s decode WESTERNS. R can change by 5 as the 5th letter is E.

This gives, WEST NEWS.
                                                                  HINTS   ON   PLAYING

The code, although it is quite versatile, will not turn any word into any other word. In other words, some things will not decode. To make life easier, you can develop Id. tags which will occur on a regular basis. The name, Ra, which is one of my names, with it’s alternative spelling of Re, is particularly useful as it crops up in many words and has only 2 letters. Plus it can be spelt with an A or an E, which are the 2 most common vowels.

Similarly, my chosen nickname, Cat gives lots of possibilities, as cats are relatively common creatures, shoes, machines, hats, etc. Obviously, the more identities you possess, the more likely it is that one of them will crop up. Using initials is useful.

This is a true game of skill, and the better you are at the code, the more likely you are to be able to validate your identities, rank, etc. The real skill in the game is in being able to recognise from a word or phrase the potential to decode it. By learning the code and following the examples I’ve given, you will start to recognise letter groups as groups of numbers and vice versa.

MISSIONS

The idea of a mission is that you do nothing too out of the ordinary. For example, Illuminatus had given me information about a rendezvous on water. At the time, I was going to a night-club called H2O and a bar in Water Lane. So on a mission, everything you do is in code, for example, the amount you pay for a drink.

As an example, and this really happened, I go to the Star public house, I order a pint of Stella Artois costing £2.35. I smoke More cigarettes. This may seem innocuous to most, but let’s look at the price, 235. The 2 can be changed by 1 to 1 as it is the 1st number. This gives us ACE. More cigarettes look a bit like wands, but the name is an anagram of RE and OM, Ra and Operation Mind****. The Star and Stella give away my off world connections, where Artois could be Arthor, the I and S diminishing by one.

During these missions, you can try delivering News, play spot the EST, communicate information to other agents, or just get drunk. Remember, it’s no good knowing what the mission is about until the objective is fulfilled.

A:.A:.   AND   E.L.F.   FILMS

After a mission, you might want to catch a movie. Not all films are influenced by the O.S., but many are, particularly action adventure movies. The O.S. is a military elite after all. Some of these films, which have had O.S. codes planted by telepathy or more outrageous methods, contain the number 555. These are O.S. training films depicting real missions and simulations. These days all the O.S. films seem to have a cat, or the printed word cat, in them. I may be wrong though.

The 1st example I will give is ‘The Enemy Below’.

The destroyer had the number 181 on its bow. This reads RA.

The film is evidently about ‘sinking’ which is a discordian game.

The film can be interpreted thus: The Captain of the destroyer has information, from off world sources, that an important Nazi is being transported by submarine to a pre-arranged rendezvous. He stops at nothing to disable the submarine, thus preventing the rendezvous.

The Captain has CAPT on his helmet. The P can change to a C because it’s the 1st word, 3rd letter. The C can change to a D as it’s the first letter. Standing by the Captain is a sailor with XO on his helmet. So this can read, CAT 4  JO. (D = 4, X = 10 = J ).

At the end of the film, a lifeboat with 181 on the side goes back to rescue the Captains of the destroyer and submarine.

PROPS

You must make your own weapons if you feel the need for armament. As an O.S. op, you will be trained in survival techniques on primitive planets. You will know how to create devices that are powered by Psycho Kinesis such as wands, light swords, etc. Everyday items may be used to construct your weapons. Please do not try to harm an EST with any conventional weapon, you will fail. Their armour is too tough.

OPERATIONAL   SERVICES

The O.S. have many types of members. Many species of cat are of extraterrestrial origin. For example, the large black panther types spotted in rural England that seem to vanish like mist. However, don’t underestimate the humble domestic pussycat. In ancient Egypt this creature was worshipped as a god. There exists a cat network of normal looking cats who sometimes replace similar looking pets while on ops.

Whales, dolphins, elephants, and many apes are also in the O.S.

Star Trek, the Original Series, the O.S.
                                                                      ANCIENT   EGYPT

It has been commented that the jokes aren’t funny enough, but any book on ancient Egypt will tell you how the ancient Egyptians loved puns and plays on words.

EST is an anagram of  SET, who was an evil god in those times.

Pyramids are symbolised by the number ratios:

11 : 7      (Base side : Height )

11 : 3      (Earth’s diameter : Moon’s diameter )

11 : 14    (Base side : twice height )

14 : 3      (A bit removed )

or the letters:

KG  KC  KN   NC

RULES

The first rule of the game is YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE GAME.

The second rule of the game is THERE ARE NO RULES

PREDICTIONS

Some A:.A:. ops are prescient.

Nostradamus predicted HISTER.

To change HISTER into HITLER, we need to add 1 to the S, making T, and take 8 from the T, making L.

This gives us AH, Adolph Hitler’s initials, also the AH code.

NOSTR/A/D/A/MUS contains 2 As. The groups of numbers around these As count 5, 1, and 3, giving us AA ACE.

KNOW   THINE   ENEMY

The EST are not human. They are not even DNA, but they look human because of their transports. These transports are vehicles, humanoid in shape, and covered with real cloned human flesh. The EST, although they can survive for a while on planet Water without protection, have limited power of movement without their vehicles. They have no hands that could have built the machines they use as transport. There are no other EST life forms, no EST cats or dogs. For these reasons, I suspect that they were bioengineered as a weapon by a species that has long succumbed to that weapon. Being able to survive without a biologically compatible environment, they totally transformed their planet into a maze of mines and industrial complexes, thus killing off all the other life forms on the planet.

What they do need to exist, and they need it in vast quantities, is metal. Without metal, they cannot procreate, as every new EST needs a new vehicle. Without metal, they cannot build spaceships, which they need to look for more metal. They are, like most life forms, immortal, though they can procreate.

The EST transports are so lifelike that you couldn’t tell the difference between them and real humans. They are immune to metal detectors, and even the A:.A:.’s sensors can’t tell the difference. For this reason, the A:.A:. and E.L.F. have to resort to other methods to distinguish EST from human.

The EST, being totally alien, just don’t get what DNA is all about. They study behaviour patterns, but without being able to ‘feel’ what it’s like to be human, their facade is incomplete. Not that it’s easy to spot them, but they cannot imitate emotion with any amount of realism. Human behaviour is so complex that even humans have trouble understanding it. Thus, if you generate a real human situation where emotions come into play, they inevitably make mistakes. I’m not going to tell you what kind of mistakes, they use telepathy machines to gain information like that. Indeed, you will probably get just a feeling that something isn’t quite right. Your eyes will be telling you one thing while your brain tells you something different.

The EST rely a lot on their telepathy machines to know how to react in any human situation. They claim to read ‘body language’, which doesn’t really exist in that way. People move and position themselves generally for their own comfort. Body language is supposed to be ‘subconscious’, allowing one to know another’s inner thoughts. This is nonsense. I don’t cross my legs to cover my penis, I’ve got pants for that. I cross my legs to get comfortable. No, body language is totally conscious, if habitual. For instance, cowering before an enemy is body language. Now, if you cower before an enemy, it can mean at least two things. One, that you’re scared, two, you’re not scared but don’t want a fight. Even if you start shaking, this is an adrenaline reaction, which works for fight or flight. Also, you tend to know if you’re cowering, thus body language is conscious.

Let us look at the conscious mind. Most theorists would say that the conscious mind is that which can express consciously what the entity is doing at that minute. For instance, if you are making a chair, you will know that you are making a chair and be able to express that fact with the words, ‘I am making a chair.’ However, making a chair is a complex operation which you have to go through many times before you can do it unconsciously. So it would appear that the subconscious is filled with things that you have learned how to do. Like walking. How subconscious is that? You still know you’re walking.

The idea is that we get so used to a conscious act that it becomes habit, i.e., we don’t bother thinking about it. Well obviously we must be thinking about it otherwise we couldn’t do it. We just don’t put it into words is all. We still know we’re doing it. Really, there is no subconscious mind, but there are taboos about saying certain things. For instance, it is taboo to think that your boss is a moron, so you don’t say it, and because he might read your body language, you don’t think it, but you know that he is. Seriously, body language is just a knew version of ‘God knows your every thought.’, except this time it’s your boss instead of God.

Now, the EST can only read the ‘conscious’ mind, i.e., the word mind, and sensory centres. For this reason, to trick an EST into doing something inhuman, an O.S. op might suggest something totally ridiculous without ‘consciously’ realising it. The EST must be convinced that, in order to continue their human appearance, they must do something which is actually totally abnormal for a human in the prevailing moral climate. As some O.S. ops are human, their strange behaviour does much to influence the EST model of human behaviour, as well as human behaviour itself. If you can convince an EST that everybody does a certain thing, they will pretend that they do it too, no matter how ridiculous. However, thinking about what you did to expose them in words will invalidate the method for subsequent operations, so trust your instincts, don’t look for proof. The truth will become obvious soon enough. They are fairly well accustomed to local taboos, they make quite a few of them themselves, so you won’t find them running naked down the street. Look out for any obviously inhuman actions, like killing defenceless people. There you will find EST.

One of the EST’s principle operations here concerns old age and death. Old age and death infect humans on no other known world. I suspect, but can’t ‘prove’, that radiation of an unknown bandwidth is being used. Literally thousands of UFOs are sighted every month. I suspect that many of these UFOs are EST aircraft carrying radiation producing machines to carpet irradiate the human inhabited areas of the planet. Notice, many wild animals, unless they are tagged, don’t seem to leave as many corpses as one would expect. Of course, we could catch them at it if we were allowed to use our own aircraft, but interstellar law prohibits that. Unfortunately, they can’t be detected as anything except UFOs from space. Also, it would appear these aircraft are decorated with different colour lights, custom body jobs, etc. This would confuse researchers, if they just didn’t try thinking about it at all, into thinking that with more than a thousand sightings a month, that the planet hasn’t been covertly invaded by literally thousands, if not millions of aliens. Certainly any military top brass must know that lots of UFOs mean lots of aliens.

For these reasons, A:.A:. ops have to blend in with the local scenery. They can’t use advanced weapons, but they are trained to work on primitive planets. If you are unclear on the law, it is detailed quite clearly in the TV series, The O.S. Thing is, the real O.S. take the law a bit more seriously, but it is perfectly legal to state that you are from another world.

The EST, being criminals, do not feel constrained by this law. Indeed, they barter advanced technology for positions of power, etc. They will use advanced weapons and then cover up, generally by killing all witnesses and disposing of the evidence. Is it still 30,000 Americans that go missing every year? Of course, certain maverick ops bend the rules on some occasions, but this is a serious operation and no advanced technology, save for that made by yourself, is to be employed by Water based ops. We haven’t gone to all this trouble, setting up your identity, giving you a past, etc. to blow it cause you want to use a ray gun.

Don’t worry that the EST are on to you. The general idea of the plan is outlined in ‘Airplane’ You can know when the operation starts, what its objective is, but when you’re coming home is classified. Basically, a double bluff has been pulled here. The EST know about some O.S. ops, but they didn’t know the ops knew that they knew. So now you know.

OUT   OF   THE   HORSE’S   MOUTH

It is commonly thought that this planet is billions of years old. It is commonly thought that the core of the planet is molten. These ‘facts’ seem to contradict each other. Surely the planet has had time to cool down by now. Rock, although it is a poor conductor of heat, does conduct. Surely the ground would be at least warm by now. It’s apparently had enough time. No, heat comes from the Sun, and when the planet turns away from the Sun, most of the time it gets cooler. Remember, current thought on tectonic theory is just that, no one has yet gone to the centre of the planet. This theory is partially based on the existence of volcanoes, earthquakes, and the fact that the strata of rock in the planet are all jumbled up. The idea is that the continental plates, that ‘float’ on a bed of magma, grind together producing great heat, melting rock to cause volcanoes, causing earthquakes, etc. Either that or volcanoes produce magma direct from the core. I couldn’t study this theory without laughing so I’m not quite familiar with all the jargon and may misquote the theory. My apologies for this.

Is it not possible that the core is not molten at all, and that continental plates don’t exist, but faults do. Certainly they do in current theory. Imagine a huge lump of rock cooling. Is it going to crack? Probably.  Just a slight movement due to settling, as these cracks probably divide large chunks of the rock, and you know how cracks get bigger, will cause friction, melting rock, which expands and erupts as a volcano. Also, the vibration would cause earthquakes. What about all that rock strata? If you will bear with me while I explain, and give evidence about, certain elementary ideas, all will be revealed.

Why is the Sun hot? Let’s look at what it’s got most of. Mass that is. Mass causes gravity, causes compression, causes light and heat. However, compression also causes freezing, as in compressed gas. So the Sun could be frozen in the middle and hot on the outside.

Stars are formed by matter collecting together due to gravity. The compression, when enough matter has collected, causes the matter to freeze at the centre of the star, but like a fridge, the outside heats up. Hence, a star, rather than being a ball of gas, is in fact, quite solid in the middle. The lighter elements rise to the surface, but because there is no oxygen atmosphere, nothing burns, it remains molten. Every so often, there is an explosion in the hot outer layer, which contains plutonium amongst other elements. What you call the heavier elements are light compared to those within a star. Larger atoms are produced by the compression forcing the atoms together. Some of these explosions are small, like a solar flare, but in the early days of a star’s life, if it has too much mass, it can explode quite violently. Matter from the outer layer is flung into space. The vector of this explosion is likely to be at an angle to the star's vertical, hence it travels out so far and then falls into an orbit. In the case of this solar system, the matter ejected split into several pieces, forming the planets we know today. Why should the matter split? Well, perhaps the matter at the centre of the explosion was travelling faster than that at the edge. This would account for the difference in orbits of the planets.

The gases forming the atmosphere are produced by chemical reactions in the cooling, but still very hot planet. On this planet, loads of hydrogen was produced, which burnt, turning into water. As the planet cools, the surface is the first thing to solidify. Since matter contracts as it cools, rifts appear within the planet. Some of these rifts go all the way to the surface, hence some of the fault lines we know of. Some of these faults lie beneath the ocean, therefore the centre of planet Water has water filled cavities.

We continually find in archaeology that ancient civilisations are buried underground. It doesn’t make sense that places can be buried without a transport mechanism for the burying material. In England there are buildings 800 years old that aren’t buried at all. How long does it take for something to get buried? We have cases of cities built on other cities, as in Troy. However, Troy was built intentionally upwards, so the burying was probably done by man rather than nature. Why else would you bury a city, unless you were trying to hide something, like it’s very existence, or maybe to prove that things get buried given enough time. Of course, some places get buried naturally, like in Egypt, where many things are buried in sand driven by the wind. However, Stonehenge is well old, and that’s not buried at all.

Some sedimentary rocks are supposed to be made of many shelled sea creatures dying over the aeons, building up vast layers of chalk, etc. Question is, where did the sea creatures get so much calcium. I’d have thought chalk was more of an elemental kind of rock. I know that these sea creatures lived in a time when there were loads of them, but have you seen how thick these layers are? And many of them are hills. Of course, the Earth’s crust buckled. Sure. Which brings me to the question of death. What happens to all the bodies? If life has existed on this planet for so long, surely there would be bones everywhere. Take for example the fish in the sea. There must be billions of them, so if they die, they would float up to the surface. Now, some would be picked up by scavengers, but we’re talking a lot of bodies here. I don’t know how long fish are supposed to live, but even if they lived to be 100, there would still be bodies everywhere. Surely many more fish should be washed up on the shore. Oh yes, the seagulls eat them. That’s why you get mobbed by seagulls every time you go to the beach. There are certain things which can be covered up, but mass murder of an entire planet’s population is not one of them.

Salmon only prove my point. We know they die because we see all the bodies.

DNA understands immortality. How long do trees live if we don’t cut them down. Certainly, we see dead trees when they’re hit by disease or lightning, but the rainforests are filled with living trees, not dead ones. And how can you tell how old a tree is without cutting it down?

In the Bible, we have an account of how long early man used to live. Adam lived until he was 800. Believe the Bible or not, it’s probably the oldest history book on the planet. Now, Genesis chapter 6 is the puzzler. In it, the sons of the true God took human wives and bore sons. To do this, they must have been human themselves. Also, the Nephilim are mentioned. Now, NEPHILIM decodes to HUMAN E.L.F. (FEMHNLAU ). The passage with the word Nephilim in is confused, but it could easily read that the Nephilim are the men of fame, the sons of the sons of the true God. Now, if the sons of the true God were human, it follows that the true God was human too. Also, the Nephilim are ‘in’ the earth, not on it. Underground, maybe.

Apart from the true God, Jehovah is mentioned. What Jehovah does is cut down man’s lifespan to 120 years. Not content with that, he decides to drown everyone with the flood. Now, back to the non molten planet idea. The centre of the planet contains chasms filled with water, which will be frozen due to lack of sunlight. In this way, a sudden temperature rise at the centre of the planet could melt this ice, and the resultant pressure, should the temperature be high enough, would cause a deluge on the surface of the planet. Lots of steam would be produced, causing all the rain, and to further support this theory, chapter 7, verse 11 reads, ‘…on this day all the springs of the vast watery deep were broken open and the floodgates of the heavens were opened.’ So it would appear that the water came from below as well as above. As the heat at the centre of the planet abated, the pressure would diminish and the water could drain away again. This would fit the biblical story. Of course, if this heat were caused by an explosion, the size of the chasms could change leaving a permanent change in the water level at the surface.

In the last 1000 years, more books have been burnt than I care to think of. Therefore, we do not know if the sea level has risen before this time. Certainly history before then is virtually unknown for a 1000 years. It is quite possible that other floods have occurred and records of them been erased by Jehovah. After all, he did promise he wouldn’t do it again. We do seem to find buildings below the sea.

So let’s go on to fossils. A fossil is an animal embedded in stone. How is this possible? I know the story, animal dies, lots of stuff falls on top of it, and the whole lot turns to stone. I tell you, the O.S. are laughing themselves silly over this one. Then we have fossil fuel deposits deep underground. How did all this stuff get buried? What kind of animal turns into oil? Then we have land way above sea level which is obviously an old ocean bed. Certainly, the surface of this planet seems quite changeable.

There is an alternative explanation for why these fossils should be in such strange places. Take one planet teeming with life. Attach it to a planet hauler. Drag it near the surface of the Sun. Everything melts. The atmosphere burns instantly, so nothing burns. Rock melts, animals sink into molten rock. Trees melt forming coal deposits. The entire planet’s surface melts and buckles. Some strata sink while others rise. Sedimentary rocks move to unlikely places.

Why should anyone want to do this? Simple. No evidence of life remains on the surface of the planet. The planet, indeed the whole solar system, can then be claimed for it’s metal.

DNA does not take millions of years to evolve. It’s very quick. Planet Water, in it’s present form, is just over 10,000 years old. If you think about it, the four billion years bit has got to be a guess, and how do you test carbon dating if you haven’t got a time machine?

Planet Water was made by Jo, at least, she did most of it. It didn’t take very long. As the planet cooled, (You reform planets by melting them with their star and using tractor beams on the semi-molten surface as it cools. ) the same reactions that originally produced the atmosphere started up again, producing a similar amount of oxygen, hydrogen, etc. DNA was seeded, and life began again, this time on a different track to the dinosaurs. There’s DNA and there’s DNA. This time, human DNA was used, and the planet’s environment adapted for humans.

Now, in the beginning, God, not Jehovah, made the world. Jehovah isn’t mentioned until Genesis, chapter 2, verse 4, which reads, ‘This is the history of the heavens and the earth in the time of their being created, in the day that Jehovah God made earth and heaven.’ Now, it took seven days, so ‘day’ can’t mean that, so perhaps ‘day’ means now, since Jehovah now claims he did it. From here on we find that there is no vegetation yet. But look back to chapter 1, verse 11, and God’s already made the vegetation. Chapter 2, verse 7 tells us that Jehovah made man, but not necessarily in his own image, whereas God made man in his own image in chapter 1, verse 27.

Anyway, human DNA goes straight for humans, as well as lots of other things. Within a thousand years, everything was up and running, humans and all. All that water cooled the planet down real quick. Then, dolphins and whales were brought in. They volunteered because of all the water.

If you think 10,000 years isn’t a long time, you have to be kidding. We can easily see that erosion is quite a rapid process. That’s 500 generations. I can see that the Grand Canyon wasn’t eroded by a river in that time, but planets do crack as they cool down. Anyway, Jo did a really good job of making everything look good.

The pyramid of Cheops was constructed before human beings appeared. It was stuffed with goodies and sealed up as a kind of evolution present. Later, persons unknown tried to build two more, but they couldn’t quite get it right. One of them was built on higher ground so it seemed bigger, but it had a twist in it. Anyway, when the Cheops pyramid was opened in 800 AD by Al Mamun, it was empty. There wasn’t even a body. No evidence was found that the pyramid had been previously broken into. Strange. As if the contents were beamed up somewhere.

Online Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
A Game of Intelligence
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2004, 04:12:38 AM »
I skimmed it and realize how deep it is and that I will have to spend some serious time on it. This is the kind of stuff I like reading books about. Go to the Tavern and find the thread on books you read, I want to know. ;)

Will take a better look at it as soon as I have time. I am intrigued and interested!!!

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Ra

• Journeyman
    • Awards
A Game of Intelligence
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2004, 07:06:27 AM »
Wow, thanks for taking an interest. I’ve got some more sections, but that’s examples of my game mainly, for example Original Pool, where you have to try and sink your opponents balls off a cannon/plant/whatever.

Please note that both the A.:A.: and ELF are mythical organisations. The A.:A.: was ‘started’ by Aleister Crowley and ELF was ‘started’ by one of the authors of the Principia Discordia. Thus, magic is involved, said Ra mysteriously……… and madness…….(titter, sQUeEk!!!!!)

Serious student of magic should be able to work out how to do a spell, and the spell ELF’s is free to all ELF ops (players) and it gives you power over, the WIND, COIN, and many others, but I have said ENOUGH!!!!!

Offline Ra

• Journeyman
    • Awards
A Game of Intelligence
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2004, 07:43:08 AM »
The game was designed as a writing tool, and will be coming out in book form, but it’s been so much fun, I thought I’d like to share it. When enough people start playing, it could be well fun, meeting up in secret on different forums, or in the Citadel’s case, different threads. Of course, you’ve got to be good at coding to write it into a game, but if it’s only one or two words, it’s quite possible. For an example of some entry level codes, silly code I call it, and a taste of the game/book, the game exists in the book, and the book exists in the game, in PROJECT 88, a sad tale of a lonely op posting secret messages to a girl who may be a figment of his imagination.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
A Game of Intelligence
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2004, 04:41:53 PM »
Err...
Wasn't Jehovah just another name for God?
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Ra

• Journeyman
    • Awards
A Game of Intelligence
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2004, 06:37:27 PM »
Actually, no. There was the True God and there was Jehovah, as detailed in Samuel where David’s son  is struck ill by Jehovah. David turns to the True God, but after 7 days, his son dies, and he goes back to Jehovah. See Samuel 2, Chapter 12, Verse 13 on. I use the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures. Thanks for giving it a read, anyway, Captain. What did you think?

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
A Game of Intelligence
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2004, 07:10:40 PM »
It was different...
Not really my kind of game.

Offline Ra

• Journeyman
    • Awards
A Game of Intelligence
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2004, 04:33:28 AM »
Thanx anyway, Captain.

Online Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
A Game of Intelligence
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2004, 09:27:29 PM »
So far, the way I am seeing it, is that the code is basically used to be creative on changing things around to mean something different.

Sort of a loose set of rules that need to be followed to allow the switch in letters to be allowed.

BUT, I don't see how you can reverse engineer the code....ever...each change in the code needs to be explained because I could never get the word "lad" and be able to reverse it to "lacked" without the full explanation. Any word anywhere can be changed in tons of different ways, and unless you know the path it took, you can't reverse it....

I shall keep reading, not all the way done yet.

Level 3

Online Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
A Game of Intelligence
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2004, 11:06:02 PM »
Still not done reading but....

Something just clicked for me with this quote.

Why should anyone want to do this? Simple. No evidence of life remains on the surface of the planet. The planet, indeed the whole solar system, can then be claimed for it’s metal.

I understand the game to be totally open ended, no winners, no losers, nobody ever taking the lead, just the sharing of theories and the defining or discovering of code in everyday things.

The fact that there are no rules means that as long as you are creative with your discoveries and justify them as far as intelligence, common sense (ok, maybe not so much common sense sometimes), and the 'code' then that is that.

A more apt name for this thead is "A Game of Creative Intelligence"

The problem I have is the rule that you don't talk about the game, but I think that was a funny played off of Fight Club...I hope. Because if you can't discuss your ideas and explain your codes then there really isn't much of a game. :)

Sooooo, my first mistake was to put too much emphasis on the code. While it is a pivotal part of the game, it is only pivotal for the person searching for codes to prove their points, not as a reliable means of communication between game players. Although there are a few standard codes, unless there is somewhere to discuss the hypothesis then it is all moot. Some confusion by me there.

It is a difficult game though because first you have to come up with something original, based on reality, but totally askew at the same time....but is it reality in the first place...but anyway...once you have your idea a.k.a. conspiracy, then you justify it. Points or kudos or whatever are given for the creativity of it.

Besides the creation of conspiracies thr code is just another way to take something and twist it into something entirely different. You could pick anything anywhere and 'decode' it although no two people would EVER decode the same text the same way.

Level 3

Online Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
A Game of Intelligence
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2004, 11:06:19 PM »
Now...reading......the PMS.......

[[[[[[[[ HEAD EXPLODES  ]]]]]]]]]

This is dddeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeppp and I am only a neophyte attempting to understand a master.

Level 3

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
A Game of Intelligence
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2004, 11:22:38 PM »
You're probably not going to like this very much, considering how much work you've put in to this.  I like every aspect of this... except the code part.  I don't care much for codes, and this one makes my head hurt.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
A Game of Intelligence
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2004, 11:42:49 PM »
My thoughts precisely.
While I considered it, and thought deeply on the great boost to appearances it would be to playing this game (It would make me look all smart and stuff!), it just seems so....
Hyper-complicated.
I suppose it's a game for more right-brained folks than me...
Aw, great. Now I feel all inadequate!

Offline ephemeralstability

• Squirrel Strolenati
  • Knight
  • Awards Item Guild Plot Guild Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
A Game of Intelligence
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2004, 03:26:27 AM »
It's too much like arbitrary numerology for me. It all seems a bit pointless. It's like saying 37 is an evil number because the 37th triangular number is 666. I don't see how a game could be conducted in code: it's not too hard to understand when it's explained to you, but to actively create and decipher codes as people spoke them would be a hindrance to any sort of game play. I can't see people enjoying this game. In fact most of what you have written describes the code making process rather than how to play in between the code, so I can't see that there even is a game.

ephe!
"Happy is the tomb where no wizard hath lain, and happy the town at night whose wizards are all ashes" - H P Lovecraft, The Festival

Offline Ra

• Journeyman
    • Awards
A Game of Intelligence
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2004, 07:49:42 AM »
Ah. Ephemeral Stability. I can see your point entirely. I am at the moment corresponding with Strolen on matters such as game play.

Yes, it’s a bit like numerology, but there is no supernatural explanation for the codes. Rather, they are a military communication device.

If you consider how important codes are to a secret agent, decoding just enhances game play. If a code means life or death, it has more kick than getting a text from your friend to meet him down the pub.

There is not as much decoding as you would imagine. Generally messages will be short and succinct, and the outcome determines the plot. Thus, random letters replace dice. Also, the better you are at the code, the more likely the message will say something you like. In my game, I would say it’s about 10% code and 90% role play.

Since the A.:A.: is a magic outfit (a front for the Erisian OS) the similarity to numerology is fitting. Indeed, Aleister Crowley outlines the code, in code, in 777.

The game has few players as yet, but as it takes off, you will find people communicating in code. At first, silly code is easiest, and easiest to spot, but by the year 2020, people should be getting quite hot at it. It is a delightful code when used well, and the book is written in code, and is uncut like this version.

Anyway, Strolen’s taking a look at it, so I’m waiting to hear what he thinks. Any suggestions to make it more playable will be welcome.

I am very interested in your views. Please feel free to discuss this further.

A.:A.: passwords.

Online Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
A Game of Intelligence
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2004, 01:32:02 AM »
So the purpose is to make this game as playable as possible. So the parts of the game, as I understand them, are:

1) From what I see the main point of the game is to come up with a conspiracy. Describe it and justify it. This is the creative part, and the part that has the most interest from those I have chatted with. This part is just darn fun and some of the conspiracies given as examples were, in my opinion, just creatively awesome.

2) Predicting the 'destruction' (or something) of something. Vague. So if I mention pentagon somewhere and later it is in the news then I have a confirmed hit. I have no idea how this part of the game works though really. Seems like this portion would be more appropriate to live-roleplaying because if I say anything, I can find it somewhere on the internet....although you could require something dated perhaps. This needs more clarification.

3) The opportunity to pick past lives you lived. I find this to be grand fun to think about. Especially with the rules of having to have a measureable skill of the person in the previous life. So you can pick somebody, but you have to prove why it could be you.

4) The infamous code. I discussed this a bit in previous posts in this thread (did you read them Ra). But the strength of these is that you can use the code to help justify your consipiracy or it can help define it. You translage *any* text ( and I do mean any in the most broadest of terms ) and perhaps you come up with some code, you do research on that code and justify it therefore proving it. Hence the fact that you never know what your mission was or what happened till after you decode the message.

The weakness in the code is that it is arbitrary one way decryption. You may encrypt something but the rules are sooooo loooooose that it is almost impossible to decrypt a *real* encoded message.

Because of this there should be two types of code. One defined  by a rather finite and useable set of rules. Only with a base set of rules could somebody actually decrypt an encoded message.

The other code, maybe the uber code, is the arbitrary decoding of any plain text anywhere ever. The uber code can be used to prove conspiracies and past lives while the normal code can actually be used to send encrypted messages.

The code is a fun idea, I like it. BUT it is very difficult to get the hang of. There needs to be baby steps in learning the code and a training period needs to be inacted. It is a game of intelligence but the difficulty level of it takes away the fun, but once you are the master of the code it opens up many possibilities. So instructions need to be made in baby steps, sets of ruled, to make this work.

For instance set up each way the code works in a structured easy to follow manner.

Rule 1:
Each letter of the word can be recoded by a letter that many places from its place in the word.

For instance:

T is the first letter of the word so the letter can be changed 1 letter in either directions.
T = U or S

O is the second letter of the word so it can be changed 2 letters in either direction.
O = Q or M

P is the third so
P = S or M

So an encoded word can be any of the following.
SMS, SMM, SQS, SQM, UMS, UMM, UQM, UQS

Rule 2:  Whatever.

Rule 1 is already difficult and it only gets more complex from there. It would take a little bit of time to decode it as it is but the uber code is infinitely more difficult to try and decode.

For the easy code I don't even think you could use Rule 1 because that is even too complex.

Just a few thoughts as I pick up my brains up off the floor.

Level 3

Offline Ra

• Journeyman
    • Awards
A Game of Intelligence
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2004, 11:16:57 AM »
Right, thanks for that. I agree totally that the code is very difficult. It takes about a month to really understand it. The other ‘fun’ games are designed to ‘teach’ use of the code in simple stages. As Ra, it took me some time to equate with 181, or Aha, which all say the same thing. Similarly, LA is Au is 121.

I have been using the code for three and a half years, and I am now totally fluent. Three and a half years may seem a long time, but at the end of it, you get a highly useable code which is UNBREAKABLE for the very reason that it is impossible for beginners to make head or tail of. However, once you get the hang of it, it is elegant, beautiful, funny, etc.

I haven’t been practising day and night, a couple of codes a day maybe, half an hour. If you read the PMs I sent you, I describe how to use the code to identify other ops. This is a very advanced level game, but think of this. When you gain experience in D + D, your character gets stronger. When you gain experience in WWIII, YOU get stronger.

I am very impressed with your assessment. As you look deeper, you will see why not one word of the ‘book’ can be changed as it is all in code. I would dearly like it if you, and your friends if you like, could write an appendix called say, ‘How to Play WWIII, agoi.’ Then you can e-mail it to me so I’ve got it, and you’ve already got the ten files so you can forward them to whoever you choose.

Alternatively, you can strip the game for parts and create your own game. The code is copyfree. The idea is going to get stolen, so I’d rather give it to someone I like.

What I would advise is you play the parts you like, when you feel like it, there is no hurry. I would like you to play for a bit, then write the instruction booklet on how YOU would play it.

The code is more difficult to learn than your average game (though some games are far more complex and take YEARS to learn) but much easier than a musical instrument.

I am TOTALLY thrilled that you liked any of it, especially the parts you pointed out, which are my favourites as well. TOTALLY chuffed that you like my conspiracy theories. What I did was get some ‘World’s Greatest Mysteries’ books and use the code on the names of places.

When using the code in this way, you try to stick to the easiest route possible. When I first started playing, my decoding was all over the place, but I could do the easy ones.

For example. The Mystery of Atlantis by Charles Berlitz. There is a picture of a sunken ‘city’, which for all the world looks like a chip pan. It is at Cenchreai. So, we do the anagram CENCHREAI, and come up with HENCE IC, RA.

Chip pan, IC, get it?

When decoding ‘real’ crop circles, use the place and date in the decode. So, when a bicycle wheel appeared at Warminster in July 1997, the wheel decoded to AA FALCOG, which is obviously AA FALCON (a bicycle cog, G times 2 = N) and the meaning is simple. WAR, MI1-4, EST, AH. World War III started in July 1997, and I started it.

The way I approached the code, once I had sussed out that I was Ra, was to KNOW that I could do it, and if I came up with a decode I didn’t like, I’d think, ‘no, that’s not right’, and decode something wonderful a while later (Ra can decode ‘instantly’, but he messes about for dramatic effect).

Absolutely AMAZED that you like it. You have made my year. Go forth and multiply.

Nine words to go before we get to, let’s count……..

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
A Game of Intelligence
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2004, 11:26:16 AM »
Well, there's still that whole thing about you get what you want with the code.  You just said it yourself, you'd get an answer you didn't like, so you redid it and got something cool.  If decoding is arbitrary, the answers don't mean anything, and that is a serious liability to learning it.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Ra

• Journeyman
    • Awards
A Game of Intelligence
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2004, 12:29:25 PM »
Wow. I missed all the early messages.

Ria. Thanks. There are no rules. You don’t have to use the code at all.

Dear Captain Penguin. You have hit the nail on the head. I am right brained and right handed.

Strolen. I am replying to you backwards. I missed your posts. Don’t think of your self as a neophyte. You are a sleeper agent waking up. You’re just feeling a bit groggy is all.

Here’s the gen. You ‘write’ codes subconsciously, without thinking about it. It’s the decoding that’s difficult to learn. However, apply the code to one of your posts, and you should be able to decode it EASILY. After all, you wrote it. This works by MAGIC. Trust me.

Here is an example of how a code will be presented.

Now, the original saying is ‘Never trust a hippie.’ so we find the difference between PEANUT and HIPPIE

EHOBLO

Get it? No?

Oh, LOBE. Or LOB E (get rid of E, which is an instruction to change the code).

So, we get rid of the E and are left with PANUT, or UP NAT (NAT stands for Non Aristotlean Thinking).

Part of use of the code is to be elegant. As I = U, the difference between PEANUT and HIPPIE can be BE OOH (Be is 25, or Y, and Jo adds up to 25. Jo’s code number is OOH, mine is OOG).

The code, though you think it difficult enough at the moment, changes all the time. As soon as you find one way of decoding, the EST feed it into their Computer. Thus it becomes invalid. What I’m doing is filling up their Computer so it breaks.

Take it easy, Strolen. I’ve already told you this games from another planet. This is the ‘advanced’ technology that I am authorised to give to the inhabitants of planet Water. Of course, it’s just a taste of things to come when Water joins the Federation in 2020.

But seriously, I don’t expect anyone to pick it up in a few minutes. I regard it as deeper but easier than Chess. I’ve put loads of ideas for games in so you can pick and choose what YOU want to do. There are no rules.

The Fight Club bit. Well, this game is a bit like Fight Club in that it aims to set up a network of players. Sorry, chaps. We won’t be blowing up any buildings. But it’s cleverer than that. I am the Ace of Wands, which is the Ace of Clubs, hence Fight Club. Also, FC (6’3”) is my height, leaving U B LIGHT (you are a creature of light, like the Jedi).

Offline Ra

• Journeyman
    • Awards
A Game of Intelligence
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2004, 12:33:20 PM »
Ah, Strolen, there's a post up at the top of this page too. And the previous one.

Offline ephemeralstability

• Squirrel Strolenati
  • Knight
  • Awards Item Guild Plot Guild Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
A Game of Intelligence
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2004, 01:54:51 PM »
CCC RSA CCC MERP

Get it ;)?

CCC = 3*3*3 = 27 = 3+15+4+5 = code
RSA = undecipherable
CCC = 3*3*3 = 7+1+14+5 = game
MERP = unplayable

Thus we get "code undechiperable, game unplayable". I hold to the view that although such codes could be used to great effect as a background tool they should not play a major role in the game, for the very reason that they cannot be read!

ephe!
"Happy is the tomb where no wizard hath lain, and happy the town at night whose wizards are all ashes" - H P Lovecraft, The Festival

Offline Ra

• Journeyman
    • Awards
A Game of Intelligence
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2004, 02:34:45 PM »
Ah, Epemeral Stability, you are blinded by your experience. Such devious coding is only used on Ids. Mage is a better code for GAME. You would really make an excellent player. I beg you to reconsider.

CODE WORKS instead of dice

GAME VERY PLAYABLE due to lack of unrealistic dice throws

CODE is 27 and GAME is 26.

That’s GAME = H and CODE = I

HI!!!!!!!

Yes, as a background tool. Not the main thing at all. Just like dice in D + D.

I do about 10% coding, 90% role playing, if that. You can’t expect to get codes all the time, but then you haven’t seen the fnords? Yes?

If you are role playing a secret agent, codes will mean LIFE or DEATH to you.

Consider this. I am the Ace of Wands in the A.:A.:, and I think you know what that means.

You have heard of the A.:A.:, no?

Verily, I bear wisdom.

Marseilles Tarot, Card XVIIII, 181, Ra, The Sun.

Arbitrary? I think not. Artistry more like.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
A Game of Intelligence
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2004, 04:14:24 PM »
But Ra, I think the question here is, will anybody but a few brave souls patient enough to decypher your mazy, esoteric codes actually enjoy playing the game?
Dice roleplaying's dice rolls are an integral part of the action, and if the codes take the place of dice rolls in A Game of Intelligence, well then, you have labyrinthine riddles as your major mode of carrying on the game.

Offline Ra

• Journeyman
    • Awards
A Game of Intelligence
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2004, 06:50:59 PM »
Actually, Captain, I don’t expect a large number of people to go for it, at first. It’s no more complicated than D + D when you add things up (if D + D is played properly, to the rule book, the DM has to roll dice for everything. And the players are demanded to explain their movements exactly). There are varieties of monster to learn, hit points, etc. I have replaced all this with one code.

In the same way you fudge a D + D game for playability, you can fudge this game. If you can’t be bothered to decode anything, just read something, and go ‘Ah!!!!’ as if you understand completely, but are keeping it a secret from the mind reading EST.

OOC: Really Ra is taking the Michael. After receiving Voyager and the Arecibo message, garbled codes at best, this is the Federation’s idea of revenge. Fancy expecting them to BUILD a record player. Jo tells Ra they got one at Comet.

Ra still can’t quite see why it was a GOLD disc. Apparently it’s rubbish. And haven’t the people here developed clothes?

‘But we thought you LIKED codes!!!!’ says Ra piteously. Underneath he is laughing his nuts off. ‘Surely you can work that out?’
___________________________-
Never reveal the truth about the game. I’ll be out of a job. Buddah.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
A Game of Intelligence
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2004, 07:16:33 PM »
Who says I was talking about D&D? Dungeons and Dragons is not necesarily (Sp?) the only game out there. There's the whole World of Darkness pile, there's Exalted, Nobilis, the Tekumel deal, Tri-Stat from Guardians of Order...There's droves and droves of 'em!
But I guess you are right about the dice rolls. I see your point.

By the way, is the word "Buddha" in your signature a code? Must be.