llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The search for the sacred flame!  (Read 4104 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
The search for the sacred flame!
« on: January 25, 2004, 04:17:19 PM »
OOC: This thread will be open to anyone who wants to join until I say otherwise! Yet I do have one simple request. This storyline will be centered around the Nasgareth, so please read and review their ways and history herehttp://www.rpgcitadel.com/guild/index.php?topic=1094.0, before you post!
Oh, all characters are welcome however, not just Nasgareth seeing as I am the only one!

IC:
The winds of Harianle blew feircly against the cloak of a lone traveller on its barren surface. It vainly struggled, trying to force even this tiny scrap of life off of its world. Howling with frustration, it whipped his cloathing, hair, and even tried to tear it its very life force, yet all to no avail.

Ferahgo Glishmael paid no attention to the wind as it tore at his Gar'ien. Lost in his own thoughts, he surveyed the lands of his once fruitful homeworld. He had grown up here, yet he hardly even recognized it. The source of his troubles, was also the cause of this desolation on the planet he had once called home.

The sacred fires of the Nasgareth, treasured for centuries, was missing. Staring to his right, he could faintly make out the indention of the earth that had once held the source of his people's power. Now it lay abandoned where one it had held the largest gathering of his people ever.

He had sent out his summons, to the greatest warriors and trackers of the galaxie, to help him search for the flames. The road ahead would be full of dificult times he was sure, for no ordinary power could possibly have taken the sacred flames. He had to find them before they went out, or else his people would cease to exist. Mentally he urged everyone who would answer his call to hurry up. The quest must begin soon.
Bow down to the almighty ruler of your pitiful existance!

Offline freezestar

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2004, 04:29:35 PM »
A figure appears a few yards away looking around. The figure looked troubled. "Did I come this way before?" She asked herself. "Why did I even bother to explore this area..." she said angerly. The figure came closer and it apeared to be a human covered up in a cape. The wind tugged furiously at her as if threatning to attack her. She briskly walks past Ferahgo not noticing him for being too wrapped up in her own problems. She quickly looks back and sees him. She comes running over. "Excuse me sir...Do you happen to know where we are...and if theres a way back to a town?" she asks. "I have seemed to have lost my path." she said.
I'm insane... wait no I'm not, that's my other personality. *grins*

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2004, 04:34:01 PM »
Ferahgo stared in disbelief at this new arrival. "How on earth did you get here maiden?" This is not a very common destination for travellers I must say. Did you recieve my summons, or are you just a random passerby?"

Shaking off his shock, he stared at her from head to toe, taking in her stature.

"You seem like you know how to take care of yourself at least I must say. What is your name? More importantly, will you help me in my quest to rediscover the sacred flames of my people? If not, I must ask you to leave, for I have no time for petty problems when my entire race is in jeapordy."

Offline freezestar

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2004, 04:52:01 PM »
"Well...It's sort of a long story...but you could say i'm a random passerby..." she said with a smile. "I am Leah." she said smiling. "Hum...an quest you say..." she paused thinking about it, it had been a long time since she had an adventure, but with every adventure it brought her into some danger, but then again she liked the adventures for the danger. "I guess I'll help you, but what would you like me to do?" she asked. "I do know a few tricks if there is some trouble along the way..." she smirks pulling out a dagger.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2004, 05:19:51 PM »
(OOC: Is this a sci-fantasy type of thing?)
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2004, 06:52:06 PM »
(OOC: No, this is mainly strictly fantasy, yet for the sake of the storyline, somehow we have interplanetary travel! sorry for the confusion!)

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2004, 07:09:42 PM »
"Aye, girl.  There's not only likely to be trouble, I shall be very put out if there isn't any."  The woman had approached near silently, and now she spoke from directly behind the girl.  She made a short, perfuntory bow, and addressed herself to the fellow.  "I am Katarine the bounty hunter.  I heard you might be in need of my services."  She was a tall, spare woman, with hard, sharp features.  A scar ran from her hairline down her right cheek, down to her jaw.  She had dark hair worn in a tight, practical braid.  Everything about this woman said that she was strictly business, and that business could be deadly.  Perhaps nothing made the point as well as the large, vicious looking crossbow slung carelessly over one shoulder and the sword that could be seen strapped to her back.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline freezestar

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2004, 07:20:17 PM »
She turns around quickly in suprise. "I didn't even hear you walk by..." she said. She looked at how tense the woman was, she knew that this couldn't be good if she was after her for stealing, she had a record with being a theif. She looks nerviously at Katarine. "Um...what brings you here?" she asked somewhat afraid. She put on her hood to her cape hoping that she wouldn't recognize her. She kept her daggers ready incase she needed to use them.

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2004, 07:26:33 PM »
Sensing the tension in the two newcommers, he quickly turns and places himself between Leah and Katarine.

"As you know, I am Ferahgo Glishmael, and I thank you for answering my summons. You look like you know how to use those weapons, and that's good, you will need to before even this day is out I suspect. Please, do you know of anyone else who may come, I can't help but feel the need for haste increases with each passing moment.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2004, 07:29:53 PM »
"Calm down, girl.  The price on your head's not worth my time.  I go after much bigger game."  She looked the girl up and down.  "Although if you keep acting like that, you eventually meet a bounty hunter who doesn't bother to ask what you're wanted for first."  Katarine made it her business to know what the current bounties were at any given time, and it had been a long time since she had gone after a typical thief.  She left those for the amateurs.  She turned to the man.  "Aye, I might know some, but I'm most likely the most trustworthy.  But I'd say that there'll be no problem picking up a few, if you want them."

Offline freezestar

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2004, 07:38:40 PM »
She didn't like how arrogent the bounty hunter was. "What do you mean I'm not worth your time!?" she said angerly and noticed she just gave it away, some great theif she was..."Ahem...I mean...look at the time...we  should be going..." She placed the daggers in her pocket and loosens up.

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2004, 07:53:31 PM »
Seeing that these two women were never going to lighten up anytime soon, Ferahgo decided to take action himself.

"Well, if no one else seems to be joining us, we should be off."

Loosening his Simoleth, he stalked off in the direction of an old cave he knew quite well off to the South. It had been his home when he was a child, and was as good a place to start as any. Yet, he had gone no more than 5 paces when he realized something was not right.

"Ready your weapons, it seems we shall be having compony soon."

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2004, 08:39:39 PM »
Katarine ignored the girl.  She'd get over it, or puzzle it out on her own.  It was of little import to her.  What was of import was the fact that they might be about to be attacked or ambushed.  She slung the large crossbow off her back, and quickly loaded it.  "Let them come, then, if such fools they are.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • http://roleplay.andromorphia.com/
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2004, 09:04:26 PM »
(OOC: mind if I join even if I'm a lil late.)

A swirling blue vortex opened up above them and a man dropped out of it, the vortex swirled shut then and disappeared.  He appeared more or less is a mess.  He wore what looked like an officer's uniform, but all rank insignias and badge's were ripped off, part of a gold tassel hung limply aside the other end was missing.  His jacket was missing all the buttons. and a long rip was in one side of his dress trousers.  He was unarmed.

"Good riddens to you too." he muttered. He turned around and looked at the travelers.  

"Oh hi." He shivered slightly to the wind.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2004, 09:08:36 PM »
Katarine stared at him for a moment.  "My, wasn't that a pretty entrance.  Tell me, is there a reason I shouldn't just shoot you where you stand?"

(OOC: Katarine has no patience for flashy entrances or magic, usually.  *grins*)

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2004, 09:11:59 PM »
"Heh lady I didn't ask to get bannished to this little hell hole." he shot back with a dark look.

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2004, 09:13:09 PM »
Relaxing slightly, Ferahgo motions for Katarine to lower her weapon as he sheathes his Simoleth. It seems the attack was not an enemy after all.

"Greetings friend," he smiled slowly at the new arrival. "I give you the same acceptance as all who wish to help in our hunt, yet I must ask, what is your name? And how do you expect to contribute to our search?"

Suddenly, a new hope sprung up deep inside Ferahgo's body, more people were coming, and they just might be able to pull this off.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2004, 09:23:02 PM »
As though old energy comes back to the disposed man, "Master Sargent Luke Lavin of His Majesties Armed Forces." He blushes slighty, "I mean ex-commander, and don't be fooled I'm specialize in unarmed fighting, he referes to his uniform but sadly sags again when he remebers that all his badges were ripped off too. "I am a Teras Kasi Master, thank you.  It's a form of unarmed combat combining meditation and the mind's ability to focus.  "But as you can see I've been drummed out." The last phrase came bitter caustic.  

"I'm sorry, I'm just rather in an arkward position.  Twenty eight years of service and the boot me out and bannish me cause they think anyone that's not a blue blood doesn't matter." Luke has kinda of a far-away look in his eyes before he looks at the hooded figure again. "Well you all can't be here to welcome me to hell so what's going on?"

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2004, 09:31:57 PM »
OOC: Im sorry, but if anyone reads the Redwall series Luke just rminded me soo much of a hare that I laughed until I fell out of my chair. Literally!

IC:
Chuckilng softly at the antics of this new recruit, he assumed a serious face.

"we are here to find the sacred flames of my people, which have dissapeared inexplicably from its resting place right here."

He indicates the slight indentation to his right with a grimace of pain and suffering on his face.

"I have called you all here to help me find it, as I suspect a great evil is at foot here that we can only begin to imagine. Now, without further ado, we are off."

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2004, 09:23:32 AM »
Luke nods a little, "Great evil eh.  Well no point standin' here all day if we don't hurry they may get off this world."  The man looks around over the area, "Yup can see it was right here," he mutters to no one in particular.  "Hey any of you three got a heat tracer- ...eh nm." Seeing just of the old fashioned weaponary, he nods a bit, "Ok so we have to go medi-evil eh? No problem."

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2004, 06:47:55 PM »
Katarine stared at him.  Odd little man.  She wasn't sure she liked him, but then, Katarine didn't really like anyone.  "Anyway.  I'm sayin' that we should get moving, before someone gets the bright idea to amush us or something.  I dislike having to kill people before lunch time."

Offline freezestar

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2004, 07:10:23 PM »
She walks off to the side not knowing what to expect of the new visitor. She says nothing but watches. "I wonder if he has anything worth my time..." she said looking at him looking for any signs of gold or things to steal. He did look sort of torn up though like a beggar.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2004, 07:41:08 PM »
Luke looked at the other girl's hungry eyes, "I don't have anything vaulable missy, by the way i didn't catch your name?"  Luke looked around the area was pretty desolate and infertile.  Whatever, or whoever had been here was long gone now.  Looking his cloaked companion, he said, "Well you have any idea where the theifs of this Scared Flame went?"

Offline freezestar

• Adept
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2004, 07:48:40 PM »
She looked at him and glared at him. "I am leah if you must know..." she said coldly. "And if you are assuming that I helped steal the flame you are mistaken." she said insulted.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2004, 12:03:22 AM »
"I was refering to our Nasgereth friend, you know the land the best, and towns around here I assume where do you think they could get off planet from?"