llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Demon encounter  (Read 9017 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • http://roleplay.andromorphia.com/
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2004, 07:37:30 PM »
Luke grasped the girls mouth and stopped it from screaming, "Stop sturggling or your death will come much more faster than it already is."  The demon was lost, it slowed down for a few second to get its baring the d**n other girl had said she was going to a village but couldn't be far away. How come he couldn't see it.

Suddenly a large bass horn sounded again somewhere in the woods, the demon started running again this time a little more panicky.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2004, 07:42:03 PM »
A minute or two passed.  Finally, Joya felt able to stand up.  She carefully and slowly staggered to her feet, holding her head as if she feared it might fall off.  That wasn't too far off the mark.  She didn't want to do any damage to the fragile, mending bones in her neck.  She leaned against a tree, and surveyed the scene.  It looked like the boy had also been knocked a fairly good one, and was having his own difficulties.  The demon and the girl were gone, hopefully not together.  She hadn't seen that part.  Joya growled.  Now it was a personal thing.  No one had ever dared fling Joya about like she was a rag doll, and it could not be allowed.  And she had a splitting headache.
The hunting horn sounded again, and she could hear the baying of the hounds.  And then, the Lord of the Hunt himself arrived in the clearing.  He was tall, unreasonably tall, and there was a kind of shifting about him that made him hard to see properly.  And her blurred vision didn't help.  
He surveyed the damage.  "So.  The imp was not exaggerating.  Explain, Lady Joya."
Joya didn't move.  "Being the Lord of the Hunt, you might know what sort of beast made those tracks."
He gave a cursory glance.  "A demon."
"Yes, and last I saw of him, he was tearing apart the forest at whim."
"The demon has trespassed on my territory.  I will deal with it.  May I ask why you did not act?  There are many who fear you."
"I am not a fool, Lord Huntsman!  I well know my limits, and this demon is far beyond them."
The Lord of the Hunt was silent for a moment.  Finally, he said in his poderous voice, "The Hunt will continue!" He yelled into the surrounding woods.  "Our prey has changed!  We now hunt a demon!"  
As good as she was likely to get.  But still... "Lord Huntsman, I fear that the demon has taken someone I agreed to protect, for what reason I cannot fathom."
Silence.  He knew her of old, and knew that while she followed her own peculiar brand of morals and ethics, they were unshakable.  He said, "I will lend you one of my hounds."  A great, wild looking beast bigger than a wolf and an order of magnitude more fierce leapt forward at his master's command.  "You can handle him, I assume."
She looked at it critically.  "Yes.  For this Lord Huntsman, I will allow your imps access to the Grove of Moonflies at the next full moon."
"A fair bargain, Lady Joya."  And with that, he turned and vanished back into the surrounding woods, blowing another blast on the hunting horn.  His entourage followed, leaving the great Hound behind.  She turned to the boy.  "As soon as you are capable, we shall track him."
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline freezestar

• Adept
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2004, 07:43:52 PM »
It didn't matter to her if her death was going to come soon or later, all she knew was that she wanted this horrible night to end, for the sun to rise and Don greeting her like he did every morning, but she knew now it was impossible to ever get back her old life. She looks up to the demon distasefully, she hated it with all her heart and wished nothing more of its demise. She heard the horns and perked up her ears, was she going to be saved?
I'm insane... wait no I'm not, that's my other personality. *grins*

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2004, 12:13:11 AM »
So much hate in this girl, so much.  She would make a good recruit if it wasn't me who had killed her friend.  Aye feed your hate girl it is a powerful emotion.

Baying hounds sounded not far off, setting off on a random path the demon gave up all hope of stealth and relied on speed.   He ran at brake neck speeds, a tree loomed in his path and he jsut barreled through it.  Reveling in the destruction he was causing.  His direction seemed erractive and evasive constantly changing.  He backtracked even at one part, then ran fifty meters straight blazing a path right through the woods.  He took another right then gave a great leap and landed on the edge of the wood the ground thundered as he set down.  He threw down the girl and whirled about just in time to upper cut a hound in the face just as it leaped through the woods, at him.  

"Huntsman show yourself, let us settle this matter as equals." His voice was gravely and gutteral but showed not a hint of exhaustion.

Offline freezestar

• Adept
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2004, 05:40:30 AM »
She got up carefully after being thrown on the ground. Kara looks around and sees no land forms that she had rembered, she didn't know where to go, she thought to escape, but where?
She looked over to the creature and hoped he was too preoccupied with the Lord of the Hunt. She quietly begins to walk away. She didn't know what direction to go in, but she wanted to get away from the demon.

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2004, 12:11:10 PM »
Opening his eys again, Nitrelain quickly searched around. Good, he could see straight again, and his head wasn't splitting quite as bad. Bad, Kara was gone, yet Joya remained. Why couldn't the monster have taken here instead. Suddenly he noticed their new companion sitting on its haunches near the woman. With a short yelp he sprang to his feet, he glanced to the spot he had seen his sword, and froze. It was gone. He was unarmed.
Bow down to the almighty ruler of your pitiful existance!

Offline freezestar

• Adept
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2004, 01:53:26 PM »
After she had carefully walked a few yards away she begain to sprint hoping the creature wouldn't notice her leaving.
Kara looked around tring to look for where her new found friends were. She wasn't going to the town until she had found them, even though the town was only a quarter mile away. She wasn't going to let these friends be killed like Don had been.
She looked up to the sky and noticed that the sun was beginning to rise, it had been at least a few hours, but it felt like much longer. She took a rest feeling like she was far enough away from the demon, however she was not, she was only a half mile away, and with the demons fast pace he could easily catch up to her.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2004, 09:44:15 PM »
"Calm yourself, boy.  The Hound will not harm you, he will help us find your friend."  Joya looked at the horizon.  The sun was beginning to rise.  She addressed the great hound.  "Find the girl, and lead this young man to her.  She is not prey; do not harm her.  When he has found the girl, you may return to your master."  She described the girl, and the Hound let out a sound that might have been agreement.  She looked around.  "I do not know where your sword has gone.  The woods are much safer in the daylight.  Here."  She pulled a large, wicked looking knife from a concealed spot.  "You may borrow this; return it to me later.  The Hound will take you to your lady, and you can ask for no better guard than he.  Once you find her, I suggest you find a good hiding spot.  I must take leave of you now.  I have... matters of great urgency I must attend to."  After checking once more to make sure the Hound would do as it was told, she turned and hurried off the path.  Fortunately, it wouldn't take her long to get to her lair; she'd be in before dawn truly broke.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2004, 12:12:07 AM »
A sun beam lanced over a small knoll casting its golden beams on the demon.  The demon felt a burning corrosive pain on his back and howled, with that he phase shifted in a flash of black flames back to the underworld.  

In a dark marble built room, a lone female figure sat on a high black throne.  The demon kept his eyes to the floor, fear coursed through him.  A sweet soft but deadly voice flaoted him from the figure, "I am very displeased Bathazar, you have delayed my plans for a whole day because you played games with a vampire and two humans."

"But becuase this is your first failure," at the word failure she took a pause and smiled in pleasure, "I will not kill you but, as Sol sets tonight, you will go to that village and you will by d**n, prepare my Apocalypse." The last part she shrieked like a Banshee.

Offline freezestar

• Adept
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2004, 05:54:12 AM »
She begain to get up and looks around tring to decide a path. "What eay would I go?" she asked herself, she was never good at directions. "North...south...east...west" she turned each way with each direction, however they were all wrong. She was lost and she knew it, well accually not lost, lost because of the town she knew where to go to, but it was more like she had lost her friends.

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2004, 04:20:56 PM »
Taking the knife greatfully from Joya, Nitrelain barely had tmie to shout his farewell before the large hound shot off straight as an arrow through the forest. Bellowing through tree and rock alike, Nitrelain was startled when he looked back and saw not a trace of their passage. What stranger magic was this he had not seen before?

Offline freezestar

• Adept
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2004, 07:51:38 PM »
"Well since the town is that way then I should go this way..." Kara turns around and sees the hound bounding towards her, she screams. She begins to run.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2004, 01:38:05 AM »
Bathazar stood beneath a small knoll as the sun receded for yet another night.  As the last vestiges Sol's bright brilance set behind the horizons, the demon got up and walked on the road that lead into to town.  Instead of having to come out from the lake his mistress had given further power to roam around the coporial world.   He had phase shifted out to an abandon farm and waited out the sun.  

The demon walked towards the village it lamp light glowed brightly he was only a mile out...

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2004, 11:40:24 AM »
The sun had set.  Joya woke up, and went out.  First order of business, she needed to go hunting, but that was easily dealt with.  It didn't take her very long.  After she was finished, she went looking for the boy and the lass, if they were still in the forest.  Hopefully, she'd find them before any other predators did.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2004, 10:15:59 PM »
The demon Bathazar smashed through the front door, of some house a family crouched in terror in the far corner of the house in the doomed village.  A middleaged man stood against holding a pitchfork, the demon grabbed the pitch-fork and broke it in two, he grabbed the man by the scruff of his shirt and bodily through him out of the house, then grabbed the others lying in the ground he pushed and hurled them out into the street...

...A pile of bodies lied in the town square, about seventeen, twenty human bodies all badly mauled and beaten.  The demon stood fighting the last few men in the village, all of them had swords and leather padded armor.  The demon punched one in the chest with his claw and bodily ripped the heart out of man that had been to bold and left his defenses down.  The others gaped in surprise and horror, one made a leaping slash at the demon's head the demon grabbed the man's sword and reached around with his other massive fist and delivered a blow to the man's face. The last three shaked madly one dropped his sword and ran, the other two followed suit running after them.  The demon gave chase...

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2004, 08:59:20 PM »
Running madly behind the hound, Nitrelain gasps in surprise when he sees Kara wandering alone through the forest. Stopping the dog in its tracks with a swift tug, he lets the leash go and runs towards her, picking her up into a great embrace.

The moment is ruined only by screams suddenly coming from the South, followed immdeiatly by 3 men running headlong in a panic through the forest not 15 paces from them. Setting Kara down, he draws the slim knife Joya had lent him.

"Get back and prepare to run, it seems the demon will be here soon."

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2004, 09:02:23 PM »
The demon watched them go, giving them a few seconds head start then in a whirl of flames he disappeared and appeared in their midst in the blink of an eye.  He grabbed one and mauled him into a tree, while strking the other in the side with a back canted kick that sent him flying.

He advanced on the other menacing, then froze.  It was him...  

The Lord of the Hunt...

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2004, 09:10:58 PM »
Joya made her way through the brush, seeking the most direct path.  She paused as she heard the great hunting horns.  She smiled grimly, the moonlight just catching her pointed teeth.  She hurried through the forest, and soon saw the two young ones.  "Come on," she said, stepping into the clearing.  "This isn't the place to be.  It's about to get very ugly."
_________________________________________________ __
The great Hounds tore through the brush, baying as if they themselves were demons.  They had caught the prey's scent.  The Lord of the Hunt followed them, giving lesser creatures no heed.  The demon had rampaged through HIS territory, and that would not be forgiven.  If one could see his face, he would be smiling.  The baying suddenly increased.  They had found it at last.  This would prove a splendid hunt.  He bellowed as he strode into the clearing, his great bow drawn back.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2004, 09:20:54 PM »
The demon didn't wait at all in all these woods the Lord would fill him like of pincushion he rushed into a near by clearing, since he had just teleported there would be no escaping this fight but he would not let the Lord have an easy fight.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2004, 09:56:47 PM »
The great Lord of the Hunt bellowed again.  It had been a long time since prey had offered him a challenge.  He fired, coming d**n close to hitting.  It was an intentional miss.  The Lord Huntsman enjoyed playing with his prey.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2004, 11:22:41 PM »
The beast made it into the clearing just as an arrow hissed above him into a tree.  "No more playing Hunter, let us fight."

Offline freezestar

• Adept
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2004, 11:35:46 AM »
Kara looks over to Nitrelain. "I can't just leave you here and let you get killed too." she said as she looked over to Joya. "Yes, we should go to someplace safer, but where should we go?" she asked.

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2004, 07:08:07 PM »
Looking from person to person, Nitrelain decided it would be best just to run.

"Well Joya, here, take your knife back, I won't know what to do with it anyways."

Turning to start off through the brush back to the destroyed village, for where better to go than somewhere the demon had already finished with, when he was stopped short.

A small gasp escaped him as he looked down, there was his sword, lodged between two branches of the nearby tree.

"Now how did you get here?" He asked it, and realized that he could only see the hilt. "And where is the rest of you?"

The gasp from the two women behind him and the first small pang between his ribs answered his question all to absolutly.

Turning his head around, he found the rest of the sword, sticking straight out of his back.

Offline freezestar

• Adept
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2004, 08:16:36 AM »
Her eyes widened seeing the sword coming out of his back she immediately came over to him. She knew if the sword was pulled out then he would bleed to death. "How deep do you think it's in?" she asked inspecting the sword blade. "But...how..." she said looking at it. "We need to get you to a doctor." she said worried.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2004, 10:51:32 AM »
Joya's eyes narrowed considerably.  "I'm not entirely sure that a doctor would be of use.  And anyway, I do not know where the nearest one would be.  All I could do is take to out of the forest to a village; you would be on your own then."