llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Demon encounter  (Read 10846 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • http://roleplay.andromorphia.com/
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2004, 07:52:27 PM »
The demon appeared 50 feet away from the last spot surprisingly it was unharmed, it shook it's head.  Most of been an illusion.  I still need at least fifty people for the sacrifice tonight though.  It crempt through the brush trying to track back to where the humans were.  

OOC: My character is a demon that is part of the Apocalypse which evil is trying to bring about, there are certain tasks/prophecies he has to furfill to complete his part.  That's why he didnt go flat berzerk and try to kill every one at first, he considers himself above that.  Kinda like a noble wouldn't be seen going to the local tavern and getting drunk with the farmers. Get my point?

Offline freezestar

• Adept
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2004, 07:56:03 PM »
Kara was somewhat flattered her face beginning to get a little flushed. "Why do you want to help me?" She asked. "You have only just met me a few just recently and your offering your help?" she asked confused. "Although, It wouldn't be right to let you help me, I don't want any one to get hurt because of me." she said. "...even though I did already did kill someone because of my foolishness." she said quietly. She turned around quickly and saw the demon had reappeared. She began to shake in fear it seemed even more evil than before.
I'm insane... wait no I'm not, that's my other personality. *grins*

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2004, 08:12:29 PM »
"well," Ferahgo began, his face turning crimson again. "I feel it is my duty to protect these woods from beings such as that who murder without cause. Also, I'd...well I'd be lying if I didn't say I find you quite beautiful. If you don't accept me I will continue to hunt him anyways, so you may as well only accept my assistance."
Bow down to the almighty ruler of your pitiful existance!

Offline freezestar

• Adept
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2004, 08:17:06 PM »
((Ooc: 0_0...I knew that...))

She blushed a little, not used to being complemented. She gives him a little smile. "Well...If your going to go and try hunt the demon anyway, I might as well have you help me."

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2004, 08:36:44 PM »
"All this is very sweet and endearing, but as I said, this is not the place for you.  Not at night.  Especially since I believe that the gibbering monstrosity has returned."  Joya gestured in the general direction they had come from.  Her hearing and sight must have been better than average to be able to tell.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2004, 08:39:30 PM »
"It seems you do know a great deal about these woods Joya, how is it you came by this knowladge?"

Rising from the ground, he turned to face the odd woman.

"Please lead on and we will follow you."

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2004, 08:41:08 PM »
"I have lived here for a long time."  She started walking quickly up the path.  "I can lead you back to the village, where you might be safe."

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2004, 08:47:43 PM »
The demon had keen hearing and waited about 30 feet back behind an old oak tree he moved slowly and moved only when they had started.  Yes, wench lead me to your village, and make my night easy.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2004, 08:55:43 PM »
(OOC: Eerrr... You do realize that something like what you described the demon would definitely not be able to move silently in a forest, right?)

Joya paused.  Her hearing was keen, it was true, but she found it difficult to imagine that she was the only one who heard it.  Still, "It follows us.  Why might that be?" she murmured to herself.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2004, 09:06:36 PM »
OOC: I didn't say silently just what it considered stealthy  :P

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2004, 09:09:25 PM »
(OOC: This should prove very interesting then.)

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2004, 09:16:40 PM »
Seeing the slight uneasyness in their new guide, Nitrelain unsheaths his sword for perhaps the 8th time in the last hour, it was getting quite tiresome. Preening his ears to the distance, he could make out a faint rumbling coming ever closer.

"It seems you have keen hearing Joya, yet a beast that size cannot possibly be fast enough to follow us if we keep a healthy pace. Lead on fearless leader!"

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2004, 09:22:40 PM »
"Fearless?  No.  Only idiots and children are fearless."  She continued walking up the path, but quickened her pace.  "I am worried that he might track us, for reasons I suspect will bring great harm.  But I have my own methods of thwarting him."  Without stopping, she whispered somthing in an unknown language.  Confuse our tracks, little ones, as you are so clever at doing.  The little wood sprites had nothing to fear, being immaterial.  There was a faint chitter of a reply, and that seemed to satisfy Joya.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2004, 09:27:16 PM »
The demon started tracking them again but as he went on it became harder and harder to find them.  Suddenly a dark movement catches his eye.  Wood Nymphes! Vile little traitors. It'll be useless now to track them I can catch up maybe and grab them by surprise by being a little more overt.  Letting loose a terrible roar the demon smashed one of the wood nymphes and charged forward at a fast run.  He blazed and set fire to the brush around him.

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2004, 10:01:08 PM »
Glancing over to Kara, who seems to be lost in thought, Nitrelain drops back to her pace.

"It seems our friends here has found a way to keep the beast off of our trail, but haste would be nce still."

Noticing the saddened look on her face, he places a comforting arm around her shoulder, ignoring the slight shiver that plays up his spine as he does so.

"He died for you, you must realize that. He may have seemed a coward, but I believe in his heart he only did what he thought was best for you."

Offline freezestar

• Adept
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2004, 05:27:21 AM »
Kara looked up to him and then lowered her head watching the ground. "...But...I didn't want him to die for me." she said sadly. "If I knew that was going to happen to him I would have thrown myself in that lake to save him." she said. She stayed silent for a couple of minutes.
She looked up to him once more with a little smile, She felt safe and comforted with him around her. "I haven't told you my name yet have I?" She said. "I'm Kara." she smiles bringing out her hand to shake. "I suppose I should have told you sooner...but so much was going on."

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2004, 06:08:37 PM »
"Kara, ahh that is a pretty name! Think now Kara, what do you think of our new friend here? Do you think she can be trusted to lead us to the lair of any beast powerful enough to rule a whole forrest? She has a quite uneasy disposition about her face I think."

Offline freezestar

• Adept
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2004, 06:15:55 PM »
"Thank you." she said with a smile. "...Yes I do think she is trustworthy, she just seems to me a kind of reliable person." she said looking over to Joya. "But then again looks can be decieving...but I try to be optimistic about things...and try to trust people the best I can." she said not quite worried, hiding her sadness and uncertainty.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2004, 06:21:59 PM »
Joya pretended not to hear them.  She had long since ceased caring what others thought of her.  She was still leading them to the village, but wondered if she should send them somewhere else.  If the demon got round the confused tracks, it could get very ugly.  Then, she heard a deep, deep bass note sound, so deep that it was almost felt rather than heard.  This was unexpected.  The imp had delivered her message after all, or someone had gotten curious.  That was the hunting horn of the Lord of the Hunt, and it sounded like he was in a mood tonight.  "I suspect we shall have company soon.  I suggest that if that is the case, and it's who I think it might be, you let me do the speaking."

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2004, 06:41:17 PM »
The demon blazed his way through the confiusing trail the nymphes were making, and stopped for a second. "...let me do the talking..." He heard them.  Twenty feet maybe more to the right, with a flash of smoke and fire then appeared next to a large oak tree no more than a couple of feet from the man, before they could react he was on them.  He delt a punch to the back of a man's head, that sent him stumbling.  

With more agility than a thing his side should have he leaped at the other woman the one ranger and tackled her.  Souless. He mashed his fist into her face and rained another blow into her head.  The demon stood up and kicked the man in his side, then wirled on the second woman with a large predtory grin on his face.

Offline freezestar

• Adept
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2004, 06:49:50 PM »
She looks at the two fallen allies worried. "What should I do? I can't just run off and leave them..." she looks at the creature to notice its coming after her. "I have to be brave...maybe if I try to stall time then they will be able to escape...but how will I?" she looks over to them once more. "No. I will not put my own needs before them, I will not abandon them, they have helped me, and I shall help them..." she said beginning to walk up to the creature.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2004, 06:57:55 PM »
The demon's blow had knocked Joya off her feet, backwards several yards, and had left her somewhat unconscious where she landed.  When she came to, she made a mental inventory.  Some bruises, and what would probably turn out to be some severe aches, which, for her, was an accomplishment.  Maybe a couple of cracked ribs.  Nothing serious.  Dammit.  Neck snapped.  Not permanent, but infuriating.  It would reknit quickly, likely in the next ten or fifteen minutes, but until then, she wouldn't be able to move.  At least, not well.  And it might be a tad too late.  The girl looked like she was about to do something incredibly foolish, and she didn't know how the young man had fared.  This was not a good night.

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2004, 07:06:58 PM »
Grabbing the back of his head as he fell, Nitrelain's hand was slightly damp once he hit the ground. The demon had drawn blood, if not very much. At least he could still see straight. Looking up to where he had felt the blow, he froze as he saw Kara, blade drawn if slightly wobling, facing the demon face to face not ten feet away from each other.

Reaching for the sword, he grasped nothing where the hilt should have been. Scanning the ground, he saw it, burried partly in the ground, directly under the demon's belly.

"Kara look out, you can't face that thing alone!" He shouted as he stood, and sat back down suddenly as a wave of dizziness swept over his body. "d**n, I can't even move. Kara RUN!"

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2004, 07:12:20 PM »
The demon ignored the man he'd be out of the fight for another mintue. He grabbed the girls sword by the blade, and yanked it out of her hands and through it into a tree just over the man's head.  He then reached out grabbed the girl by her wirst and pulled her close, snagging her by the waist he ran off into the brush he pushed a tree out of his way and ran at a wicked pace...

Offline freezestar

• Adept
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2004, 07:17:54 PM »
She looked amazed at the creatures speed, she tried to break free of the creature, but it was too strong. She screamed in horror of what had just happened, what was it going to do to her? She looks back at her two friends and smiles a bit knowing atleast they will be safe. She looks back to the creature and tried once again to free herself, but to no avail, she had no more will power she might as well be dead at that moment, she knew it was coming soon anyway, she only had to wait for death.