llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Demon encounter  (Read 8979 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline freezestar

• Adept
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« on: January 25, 2004, 03:54:25 PM »
A girl stands near a lake. She sighs as she skips a rock across the still surface. "Is it possible for a demon sighting to have been here?" she asks herself. The girl was curious about the rumors surrounding the lake, it was said that a demon came here every night at midnight. She never had seen a demon before and she wanted to know they existed, little did she know that they did indeed exist.
She skipped another rock across the surface and heard a shake in the bushes, she tenses up. "W-w-whos t-t-there?" she stutters gripping her katana. She got no reply. "W-w-who...is there!?" she exclamed tring to sound confedent and not afraid even though she was trembling unstoppably. Still she got no answer. She slowly walked over to the bushes and peers in. A figure jumps out at her. "Boo!" it said laughing. It was her friend, Don. "What are you doing her!?" she asked him angerly. He smirks. "What are you doing here?" he askes her with a sly smile. "Well...I...uh..." she pauses thinking of a good excuse. "...I was just sleep walking and I woke up here...and couldn't find my way home..." she said tring to sound convincing, however she was a bad liar and Don could tell. "Yeah...sure you were Kara..." he said teesing her. "I bet you believed those stupid rumors about a demon that lurks around here." he said with a grin. "I was not!" she protested. They argued for a while and then they heard a sound in the forest...the cracking of leaves and twigs. "Whats that?" they trembled in a whisper.
I'm insane... wait no I'm not, that's my other personality. *grins*

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2004, 04:23:54 PM »
Walking through the bushes on his way to the store, Nitrelain Grindal could not help but notice the giggling coming from the Lake of Legends. Stopping in his tracks, he slowly tip-toed through the bushes, hand on his sword hilt as he perred through the brambles trying to get a better look. He had heard tales of a powerful demon in this lake, but he had never believed them before. That giggling however had him shaking harder than he ever had before.

Without warning, he accidently stepped on a twig underneath, and the giggling ceased as the snap echoed through the bushes. Well, there was nothing for it now. Unsheathing his sword, he leaped from the bushes, and stopped suddenly at the sight of two people in a rather awkward embrace for him to walk in on.

Face going crimson, he averts his eyes and sheaths his sword. "Sorry about that, I heard noises and thought that...well you know...the demon and all...umm, I'm sorry?"
Bow down to the almighty ruler of your pitiful existance!

Offline freezestar

• Adept
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2004, 04:42:49 PM »
The two screamed as he appeared so suddenly. After realizing it wasn't the demon they sighed with relief. "...Erm...It's ok..." Kara said. "So you believe theres a demon here too?" she asked. Don bumped her and smirks. "I thought you didn't believe there was a demon..." Kara tries to defend herself. "Well...I don't...you just see I...uh." but this time she couldn't find an aliby so she quickly changes the subject. "So are you going to hunt the demon?" she asks wondering. Don looks at his sword and shivers. "W-w-what if he's the demon in a different form..." he whispers to Kara. She shivers but tries to come up with an explaination. "He's probably...just hunting for food for his village...I hope..." she said with a gulp. "Maybe we should go..." Don nodded. "I don't want to get killed..." he said quietly while getting up. "It's rude to just leave someone...what if he isn't the demon?" she said. "Well I dont want to find out..." he runs toward the trees and dissapears. "Don!!!" Kara said angerly. She smiles sheepishliy at Nitrelain. "So...what brings you here?"

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • http://roleplay.andromorphia.com/
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2004, 04:51:41 PM »
A dark figure walks along the bottom of the lake, it had large round and curved horns on it's head liek a ram and skin that looked like it was made out of molten rock his feet were giant hoofs that left burning steams marks in the ground when he walked in the water, in fact the water around him was boiling.  He walked further towards shore as his eyes broke the surface of the water steem poured from his head and steam shrouded his body as he walked further a shore.  When he stepped on the sand on a small beach it turned to glass.  If one looked close enough one could see little veins of magma coursing all over him.  He walked off into the brush and scorch marks in the ground marked his trail...

Offline freezestar

• Adept
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2004, 06:31:18 PM »
Kara watched the demon in horror, it was so gigantic and evil looking, she had wished she wasn't so curious. She looks off to where the demon whent, it was the same way Don was going, and at the demons long strides it wouldn't take it long to reach him. "Don!" she screamed tring to alert him. She waited for a response but got none. "Oh no..." she said, I need to catch up to him...but...how will I get there in time?" she looked around for a shortcut. She hadn't thought of what she was going to do if she cought up to him, what would she be able to do, she didn't know how to use her weapon and nor was she strong. She glanced at Nitrelain and then bagan to run off in the direction of the demon. "I'm comming Don!" she yelled speeding down the path.
Somewhere along the path she took a wrong turn and ran into some briars, she tore right through them ripping at her flesh and clothing, she still contiued.

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2004, 06:50:43 PM »
Watching curiously as the demon walked across the shore, Nitrelain barely noticed as the slightly beautiful young maiden ran off after it. She did not look like she knew how to handle her sword.

"Stop!" he called, that demon is far too strong for you to defeat on your own." She ran on heedlessly, even as she rushed through cutting bramble bushes. Unsheathing his sword, he ran off in the same direction, though as to what he could possibly do, he had no idea.

"Why do I keep getting myself into these situations?" He thought to himself as he followed the footsteps of glass left on the shore.

Offline freezestar

• Adept
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2004, 07:09:29 PM »
She kept running she didn't bother to respond or look behind her, she figured she had no time. "I wont let you get killed Don..." she said still running until she got to a clearing where there were many paths to choose from. She didn't know what way to go since the foot prints had dissapeared a long time ago, had she went the wrong way? She looks around. "What way...what way..." she repeted, she had no time to sit and think her decition out logically, she had to rely on pure luck. "I'll go..." she closes her eyes and points her finger to a path, not the smartest thing to do, but she didn't know what else she could have done in a frazzled state of mind. She heads in the direction her long brown hair whipping in the wind.

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2004, 07:20:40 PM »
"Stupid girls." Nitrelain thought as he ran after the girl. Tracking her was not hard as she had left in such a hurry she left more signs than even the monster had. Why did he do this? He sees a beautiful face and he can't help but do something stupid such as chasing after a powerful demon for her. Well, that was one mystery he didn't think he would ever solve.

Crashing through the final bushes into a clearing with several paths, he stopped to inspect the trails. He was taller than a normal man by about 3 inches, and his dark, jet-black hair fell to his shoulders behind him. His sword belt scraped the ground, he had had enough sense to re-sheath it as he ran at least, as he bent to inspect each path. The beast had followed the far left path, as had the girls strange friend. Yet the girl had travelled instead down the third from the left.

"Great, she doesn't know what she's doing." He thought to himself as he doggedly followed the path she had taken. The things he would do for a pretty face.

Offline freezestar

• Adept
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2004, 07:31:38 PM »
It was getting darker since she was in the woods, now not even the moonlight could reach her. Her bright green eyes peirced the darkness as she scanned the area. She knew she was lost now. She finally came to her sences, there was no way to save him now, she knew she was too off track. She sighs depressidly. She leans against a tree feeling guilty, what if the demon had already killed her friend? It would have been her fault for even going there, she knew he usually followed her everywhere...but still she took the chance. She looks around to see if there is a way out, but there wasn't she was trapped between some thorns and a bunch of trees that lead deeper into the woods. She would just have to wait till day so she could see better. She sat down on the ground and began to fall asleep.

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2004, 07:38:19 PM »
Running down the path the girl had taken, Nitrelain realized it was getting quite dark, and decided to make camp as soon as he had found the girl and made her see some sense. Crashing headlong through the woods, he suddenly came upon a slight clearing, and crashed straight into the girl.

"Err, sorry about that, but you ran off so suddenly and..."

Suddenly looking at her for the first time, he realized just how pretty she actually was. Stifling a small yawn behind a perfect little smile, he realized she must have been asleep.

"Oh, ummm, sorry. I didn't mean to wake you, you just seemed like you needed some help and..." He felt his face go bright crimson as her smile grew, and turned away so as she wouldn't notice.

"Well, now that we're here, you seem to be quite lost, I hope you have put any thoughts of chasing this demon alone aside?" Waiting for an answer, he couldn't help himslef but take in everything about this girl that he could. Man but she was beautiful.

Turning his head, he suddenly noticed the other woman in the camp, short he thought, but she held herself with a commanding presence.

"sorry, I didn't see you, and you are?"

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2004, 07:45:57 PM »
(OOC Grr.  Stupid post at the same time gremlins.)

"I am Joya."  She brushed her hair out of her face.  "Did you say that you were chasing a demon?  Why would you do something like that?"  She looked around them.  It must have just been the reflection of the moonlight in her eyes that made it seem like they were glowing.  "Still, although you have lost the demon, this is no place to be at night.  You should leave, now.  Come back in the morning if you must.  But these woods are full of ...unpleasant things at night."
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2004, 11:13:29 PM »
The demon marched on thinking of the small human man whom he thought he heard some foolish girl call Don. He felt like killing the luckless brat for being so niave anyways.  Humans their all the same, they see one frightning demon then they hes gonna kill all of them, d**n't I'm the d**n Apocalypse demon not some d**n vampire. A squashing sound braked his tyraid, the demon looked down and saw a red smear on the ground.  Ahhh you stupid boy now that girl's gonna be all vengeful, d**n stupid humans no wonder everyone wants me to hurry up the apocalypse.  The demon trekked on happened apon the others.  Oh great...

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2004, 11:22:49 PM »
Jumping around at the sound of this new demon appearing to their right, Nitrelain saw the small blood stain on the creatures foot. It had found Don. Struggling with his emotions, he turned to face the creature.

He knew he should be feeling saddened for this boy, and he was, and full of vengeful hate as well, yet a part of him could not help feeling glad. He remembered that embrace he was sharing with Leah when he first spied them.

Noticing the power and grace with which the demon moved, he knew this was a fight they could not win, not at their current strengths.

"Run! He shouted towards the two women as he unsheathed his sword yet again. I'll try to hold it off while you get away, I will meet you at the Inn of the 9 feathers in half an hour, now go!"

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2004, 11:34:42 PM »
"Come on, girl."  Joya pulled at the girl's arm.  She would see that she got safely to the inn.  Joya herself had another safe place.  She wondered briefly if she should stay and fight.  She might have a fair to middling chance of doing some good.  But no.  There were things in this area that she could take without breaking a sweat.  This was something totally new, and she didn't even think that the spirits had any chance.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2004, 11:49:45 PM »
(OOC: I'm only one demon are posts are of same one.)

Oh d**n what happened to humans did only stupid people breed, because these days none of them seemed to have any wits, well I can't just come out and say I killed him on accident. It would so ruin my reputation!  Guess I'll kill this man too, if hes got enough skill maybe he'll get away before I have to really try.  I mean if he goes around bragging he survived yeah I'd have to kill him.  Maybe he'll be worthy enough to sacrifice.  The demon closed his rocky fist and struck out at the young human striking him in the jaw...

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2004, 12:18:17 AM »
Joya stopped.  She could do nothing, but the young man needed help.  Suddenly, she caught a flash of movement.  An imp!  She was on it in the blink of an eye.  She held it up by it's scrawny throat.  It squealed in fury.
"Hush, imp."
The squealing abruptly stopped.  "Lady Joya!  I wasn't trespassing!  I wasn't!"  
"It doesn't matter if you were.  Run and tell your master that there is a matter that requires his attention."
The imp looked over her shoulder at the demon, and shook his head.  "I serve no one but his Lordship!"  His screechy voice was starting to tell on her nerves.  "Besides, this looks like your problem!"
Imps weren't known for intelligence, but she knew how to convey the message.  "Imp, you will be of service to me one way or the other.  And it looks I'm going to need the energy," she said meaningfully.  "Do we have a meeting of the minds?"
He squeaked in fear and assent, and she released him.  "And I shall not be pleased if you do not do as I asked."  The imp vanished into the bushes.  "That was good luck.  If he sends the message, we should have some help soon."  She smiled grimly.  The Lord of the Hunt saw this as his forest, and he might tip the scales.

(OOC: Please let me intro the Lord of the Hunt if it gets to that.)

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2004, 12:33:37 AM »
(OOC: sure i have to wait for sniperspy to post anyways since were fighting. lol)

Offline freezestar

• Adept
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2004, 06:02:16 AM »
((Sorry for not replying before my computer was acting all messed up and wouldnt let me.))
Kara saw the smear on the ground, she couldn't control herself. Her body trembled, at this point she didn't care if she was going to get killed or not, she lifted the katana out of the sheath getting it cought, but she does get it out. She holds it and it feels heaver than she first thought, she almost drops it. She looks over to the demon with rage. Tears streaming over her cheeks she runs over to it stumbling over her tatered dress and the weight of her sword. She didn't care if she lived or died now, all she knew is that this monster was going to suffer for what it did. She attemped to slash it, but the monsters hard fleash only made it bounce off. She looked up at it scared, she was in its mercy now.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2004, 12:05:26 PM »
The demon looked at the other thing whatever it was, no demon used human weapons not any with class at least.  He reached up and grabbed the sword by the blade all it did was chip off a little rock when it hit, with the other hand he hammered home a blow to the kidney area of the other thing.  Well if they want to all die thats fine by me but their really wasting my time.  With his hand not holding the blade he came back around and back handed the young girl into the some bushes and out of the fight.

Then to the other man who he had hit in the jaw earlier he picked up him by the scruff of his shirt and bodily threw him into the the other thing.

Offline freezestar

• Adept
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2004, 02:52:26 PM »
She stared angerly at the creature still filled with hate. She wasn't about to sit around and watch two other people get killed because of her. She got up and whent over to the two men. "Are you alright?" she asked them conserned. "Please leave, I don't want you to get killed because of me." she said sadly. "Maybe I can hold it off while you get out of here." she said looking up at the demon rembering what she had said to Don when they were younger, she had promised him that he would never be alone, and she wasn't going to break that promise, she was going to stay in those woods alive or dead with him.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2004, 07:03:31 PM »
OOC: eh? your guy just went from human to demon to 15 foot tall godzilla with a sword that grows?

The demon leaned into the blow and let it carry him off the ground back twenty feet and into the bushes.  This thing is pretty strange not worth my time either.  The demon disappeared in a blast of fire.  

OOC: I didn't want to turn this into a 15 page fighting thread so I'm backing out.  Kalabar whatever you are...  needs explanation.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2004, 07:29:58 PM »
(OOC:  I'm going to stop this before it starts.  Kalabar, I ask that you not play any more uber-demons/pseudo demons/what have you.  I'm deleting this character, because there is real danger of the thread being hijacked and turned into a munchkin fest.  If you need any explanation as to why, pm me.  Luke, could you kindly edit your post so it makes sense again?)

Offline freezestar

• Adept
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2004, 07:40:28 PM »
She watched the demon exit. She was somewhat happy it dissapeared, but she still was angry and wished to extract her vengence on it, but she still wasn't strong enough. She looks over to Nitrelain. "It seems he has decided to dissapear...but he probably will be back." she looks over him for any signs of injurys. "Are you hurt?" she asks.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2004, 07:44:12 PM »
Joya looked around.  "Well, that is fortunate.  Particularly since I believe the imp went precisely the opposite direction of that I wanted him to."  She looked about, as if she had heard something.  "Now you two should go back to the village.  This is not the place for you right now."

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
Demon encounter
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2004, 07:49:29 PM »
Staring up from the bushes where he had been pushed aside, Nitrelain looked again at the beautiful girl he had chased through the woods. It looked like she was taken with this Rob character, but he would still do his best to protect her however he could.

"Well, it looks like we are safe for now. Joya, it seems you know more about these woods than you let on. Could you please tell me just who the Lord of the Hunt is?"

Sheathing his sword once more, he stood up and shoock the leaves from himself, then, kneeling before Kara, he bowed his head and portrayed his sheathed sword to her.

"If by any means possible I can be allowed to serve, I will follow you to the death in your quest against this evil."