llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hi there!!!!  (Read 2953 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Ra

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Hi there!!!!
« on: January 21, 2004, 07:09:49 PM »
I’m an extraterrestrial visiting this planet and I’ve brought a new game with me. As you might expect, it’s Sci Fi with Psychic Powers, but is based entirely on Planet Water (this planet’s real name). Players are undercover ops, extraterrestrial or otherwise, working for ELF (the Erisian Liberation Front, toughest magic outfit on the planet). They communicate using the code, which is basically A = 1, B = 2, C = 3, etc. This code is also used by the enemy, the EST, who are trying to take planet Water by stealth, as both sides like to advertise their nature without revealing themselves to the uninitiated. For example, SETI is SET Intelligence. That’s right. EST and SET are synonymous.

As an extraterrestrial, I find it difficult to understand what you would like about this game. It is very in depth and detailed, but I would really like to find some people to help make the game playable on the internet as I have only tested it in a single player ‘live’ situation.

The game comes in book form and I would be happy to e-mail it to any interested parties (it takes about 15 minutes) and maybe Strolen might give us a base (ELF HQ would be a good name) for continued operations. It’s more role playing than code breaking, the code is used to confirm success in undercover sting operations.

Anyway, rather than break into TOTAL ROLEPLAY (pun on Total Recall) straight away, I would like to discuss method of play with experienced game designers. I promise that the game is TOTALLY revolutionary, but is never to be for sale, though similar games might (but they’ll never be as good, I suspect). You get to build magical weapons (if you like) and use spells (but these spells are detailed, just like the real thing!!!!!).

Anyone whose heard of ELF, will realise that this game is based on the book, Illuminatus, though the writers hold no copyright on ELF (as far as I know. Indeed, the writers were inspired to write the book by extraterrestrials similar to myself, or was it the Principia Discordia?) Anyway, ELF was started, allegedly, by one of the writers of the Principia Discordia, I forget which, back in the last century.

Any takers (players or designers) e-mail me at chris.77@virgin.net and post here if you don’t get a reply.

2255 4 NOW!!!!!

Obviously all codes in the game will be more subtle than that, and written in plain comprehensible English saying something totally different. This game requires loads of brain power to play well, and takes a while getting up the ‘levels’ to become a serious adversary to the EST. It is not easy to play, but is very realistic. The code even works on Crop Circles.

(nothing at ALL to do with Stargate, except ‘other way round’)

Based on Star Trek (why it’s not for sale), Total Recall, Terminator, Hitch Hiker’s Guide, and many others, though it’s very loose, and in no way copies the universe made by Star Trek word for word. For example, Star Fleet is called the A.:A.:, the United Federation of Planets is called Fed Op, and is Extraterrestrial, Captain Kirk is called Ra, the Enterprise is called Kallisti 777. (the Enterprise NCC1701, I assure loyal fans, looks exactly like my starship, but I call it a destroyer because I haven’t got an obsession about Water like the inhabitants of this planet). It’s not so much that this is about Star Trek as Star Trek’s about this. The game details how to ‘decode’ relevant episodes to discover the true Extraterrestrial message within.

None of theses Copyrighted names will be mentioned in the forum. I have used them here to show you roughly what the games like. I have sent a copy of the game to Leonard Nimoy’s site and no one has told me I am infringing copyright, so I assume that as a ‘Fan Game’ it’s cool. However, some expert advice would not go amiss.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Hi there!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2004, 08:44:22 PM »
It is the mighty mighty Sun God!
Hail Ra, Lord of the Sunrise!
Father of Horus! Enemy of Apep!
Praise and ever praise!
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Ra

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Hi there!!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2004, 09:00:48 PM »
Hail Captain Penguin, Lord of the Antarctic Meadows.

Respect!!!!

Offline Isis_goddess

• Nomad
    • Awards
Hi there!!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2004, 10:00:14 PM »
Even I, the goddess of the two lands will hail O mighty Ra! :D
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken:
The crownless again shall be king.
-Verse on Ellesar and Anduril (Lord of the Rings)

Offline Ra

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Hi there!!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2004, 10:11:08 PM »
Hail, oh most beautiful and wise, not to mention mighty, Isis.
Goddess of Upper and Lower Egypt.
Queen of the two Queendoms.
What a coincidence, eh?

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Hi there!!!!
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2004, 10:14:51 PM »
Oh, that's nothing.  At one point we had no less than four penguins running about at the same time.  Hail and welcome, by the way.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Ra

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Hi there!!!!
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2004, 11:09:49 PM »
Which proves that at some time there was a spatial distortion between here and the South Pole, or does it? Now it must be a time and space warp to Ancient Egypt. My my, the power of a Pyramid. Hail and thank you for your warm welcome.

Offline Haethar Silverfire

• Journeyman
    • http://elven.redingers.net
    • Awards
Hi there!!!!
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2004, 04:40:55 PM »
Riiight... Well welcome to the Citadel and have fun here! Also, post a lot and bring your friends over!

Offline forgottengods

• Adept
    • Awards
hi
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2004, 05:30:34 PM »
i welcome you and admire you ,you are an oldest god and still you remain in people minds not all of the gods have the same luck ,look at me im just another one of the old gods that hasnt been in a book or history in eons :twisted:
the new gods of palladium have arrive  you can run and hide but soon you willl die.

Offline Ra

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Hi there!!!!
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2004, 08:05:02 PM »
Actually, some people have forgotten me, but not to the extent of being a forgotten god. I admire any 'god', though I must stress that  I do not think of myself as a 'god'. (much!!!)

Hi.

You know, people have been so nice to me here, it's almost like old times.

THANX!!!!!!

Offline Kassil

• Phantasm of the Millenium
  • Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Golden Creator Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
Hi there!!!!
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2004, 02:57:34 PM »
Greetings, and welcome.

*A moderately large crimson-brown dragon with silvery highlights peers at Ra* ...You look vaguely familiar. Did I ever play a round of hounds and jackals with you, or was that a different Ra?
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"
"You just grabbed the sword of the god you were just personally responsible for banishing from the world for the next ten thousand years. You just got zapped by around a billion volts of Angry Divine Power. You're dead."

Offline Ra

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Hi there!!!!
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2004, 09:07:54 PM »
Hi!!! I don't know about hounds and jackals, I've got amnesia. How many millenia ago was this? Nice hi-lites!!!!!

Offline Kassil

• Phantasm of the Millenium
  • Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Golden Creator Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
Hi there!!!!
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2004, 05:49:13 PM »
Ages ago. I don't keep particular track of time, really.
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"
"You just grabbed the sword of the god you were just personally responsible for banishing from the world for the next ten thousand years. You just got zapped by around a billion volts of Angry Divine Power. You're dead."

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Hi there!!!!
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2004, 07:09:00 PM »
Hounds and jackals was a game played by the ancient Egyptian nobility, along with such other games as Sekhmet.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • http://roleplay.andromorphia.com/
    • Awards
Hi there!!!!
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2004, 09:49:22 PM »
As long as no one brought any scarabs to the citadel your all fine with me.

Offline Ra

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Hi there!!!!
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2004, 03:30:56 PM »
No scarabs, I promise. Hi Luke. Thanks for turning up in my thread. Would you like me to send you the game (non rules) book e-mail?

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • http://roleplay.andromorphia.com/
    • Awards
Hi there!!!!
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2004, 04:53:35 PM »
oh what no thanks i was jsut saying man thats its really confusing and if you have a bunch  rules maybe you should post them in misc/homebrewed ideas.

Offline Ra

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Hi there!!!!
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2004, 04:57:03 PM »
Oh, thanx. I'll think about that. It sounds like a good idea, if I can find it.

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Hi there!!!!
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2004, 05:05:06 AM »
I swore I responded to this earlier but obviously not.

Warm welcomes Ra Ra Sis boom ba....sorry, got carried away. Not often the Egyptian pantheon starts visiting.

Glad you found us and sorry for the late response to the thread.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Ra

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Hi there!!!!
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2004, 10:37:27 AM »
Hi Strolen. Thank you for your warm welcome, and the late bird dines on Vindaloo. I’m hoping that Cleopatra will show up, or Bast as she was known. If you’re reading this, Jo, all my love to the kittens. Yes, Strolen, nice site. I haven’t quite got the hang of what’s going on, but I think I’ll get the idea. I haven’t joined in any freeform yet, I don’t want to mess up someone’s game by posting something inappropriate. I gather the rules to these games are in Misc. I will post the non rules to my own game there, and maybe that will give people a chance. I would’ve done so earlier, but I thought that was for incomplete games. Hopefully, you might give it a look in if I say pretty please? Pretty pretty please. I’m looking for comments and suggestions from serious RPG players, DMs, and designers.

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Hi there!!!!
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2004, 03:11:56 AM »
Oh boy, I saw that whopper of a post. Promise I will take a good solid look at it (I remember reading the post about the codes by you previously, I am somewhat of a crytology nut) and give you my opinions. There are a few game designers amongst us so hopefully they will beat me to it, but if not I will try and take a look this weekend. (sorry I am flaky, just really busy lately)

There are no rules for the freeform, hence freeform (I have been out of the loop though but I am sure it has stayed this way).

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.