llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Eru'tan  (Read 12834 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • http://roleplay.andromorphia.com/
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2004, 09:47:00 PM »
Loren stopped at a small shop and bought food for a few days, a flask of water and some healing herbs.  Anything us he could take care of himself.  Loren moved onto the bar grabbed a table at the back that was big enough for every one then ordered a cold beer.  He took a sip of the frothing drink that chilled his throat and scorched his stomach.  This was going to be interesting...

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2004, 11:37:49 PM »
Nurin gave a courtly bow as he was offered his dagger back, and snatched it, tucking it back undearneath his cloak. After retrieving his money, he makes his way out, also heading for a random shop. With only a few rude remarks and witty pranks, he manages to purchase rations for several days time, basic cleaning and cutting equipment, and several other odds and ends which he believes may be useful. Now, in one messy bundle in his arms, he makes his way for the green dragon. He Ponders on the words of that enormous man, and nods to himself - not only does the person seem a brute, but he has a wit, a common sense about him. Nurin enters the inn and makes his way to that large table, taking a seat opposite Loren, grinning at him before spreading that jumbled mass of belongings in front of him. An expression of childish delight curls onto his features as he lowers one hand, touching an index finger against a wrapping of hard biscuits and uttering "Biscuits." softly. Several seconds after he does this, that packet of biscuits  compliantly fades from view, disappearing into nothingness, and his hand moves onto the next item - a wedge of yellow cheese. He utters its name and, lo and behold, it too, disappears. He continues this until all items are categorised and gone. Hmph, who needs a backpack when you can use 'pocket' dimensions - a nice, simple technique learned by one of his bretheren all those years ago. Of course, this 'ritual' would look quite odd from another persons point of view.

Once he had finished sorting his items, he obtains a bottle of red wine, pouring himself a glass before peering up at the wizened mage opposite him, finally speaking to him, "Well then, friend. I suggest we leave names until everybody else is here, so we dont have to repeat ourselves. So what brings you to this 'quest', hm? Glory? Greed? Honour? Adventure? boredom?" He trails off, and idly studies that slip of note which they were supposed to give to the barkeep whilst awaiting an answer.
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2004, 10:57:56 AM »
Loren looked at the young and took a long pull from his beer.  "Aye none of that I'm just a wandering old man helping we I can." Loren took another  long pull and emptied the mug.  He shouted for the barmaid, "hey you want something to drink, my friend.  And how about you what are you here for?"

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2004, 11:16:17 AM »
Gray retrieved her weapons, and went out to go buy the few things she'd need that she didn't have.  Some food, some basic medical herbs and bandages, a few other things.  What wouldn't fit in her many and capacious pockets fit into a bag she carried.  Most of the pockets were of the type with a clasp, and she was supremely unconcerned with pickpockets.  Indeed, as she was making her was to the inn where the were to meet, she felt someone try to rifle through one.  She spun around and caught his hand.  He hadn't gotten anything, so she just silently glared at him, then let him go.  He scampered off, not sure whether or not to be alarmed.  Gray finally found the tavern, and ordered a drink.  Then she sat down at the table with the other two.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Tyrion Gaunt

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2004, 11:42:28 AM »
The blind pilgrim not getting a answer to his question nor did he thought he would place the bag if coins somewhere inside his cloak.After asking how to get to the Green Dragon he started off towards the inn knowing when he left the temple he had already stocked the meager amount of provisions he would need.After some time the blind pilgrim arrives listening carefully to the crowd he walks over to the table where the others sat "not late am I" using his staff to guide him into the empty chair the blind pilgrim tilts his head towards the others and smiles" a pleasure to meet yas"
Not all good storytellers are good writers,
and not all good writers are good liars,
but all good liars are great storytellers.

Offline Araith

• Guardian
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2004, 01:27:02 PM »
Seth made his way to the tavern without much difficulty. The building was two stories tall, and looked a little run down. When he entered he spotted the other people sitting at a large table in the back. But before he stops at the table he heads over to the bar. Pulling out the sheet the baron gave him he showed it to the barkeep. "What's this?" The barkeep snatched the paper out of Seths hand and scanned it's content. "Arrrg, the day I pay off my debt to that deciever is the day I move out of this town...Alright, I'll have your room ready in a few minutes."

"Those four over there," pointing to the others,"They all have the same deal."
"The rage on the man's face was visible, but he held it back. "Fine, I'll ready their rooms, but they'll not step foot in a room till I see there papers." The barkeep stomped off, calling a barmaid to tend the bar. Seth ordered a drink and sat down.

"I've arranged for our rooms, just show the man your papers when he asks for 'em." Seth took a long pull on his drink. "As for anything we find, shall we divide it evenly, or first person who graps it gets it?"
19:43:31 [Shadoweagle] Heya - your not moderator anymore, Araith?

19:43:40 [Araith] Nope

19:43:50 [Araith] I 'accidentaly' Deleted the site.

19:43:56 [Araith] So I got demoted.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2004, 02:43:06 PM »
Gray handed her paper to the barkeep without turning around.  "I say evenly, unless someone's being useless."

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2004, 04:27:43 PM »
"Aye, matters not to me I'm fine with what i have now i beliveve were still missing one or two wonder where they went off to?"

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2004, 06:06:38 PM »
Nurin simply raised that glass to his lips to indicate to the old man that he already had a drink, and he takes a small sip before lowering the glass to the table once more, "Me? A bit of everything, I suppose. Hm, apart from fame. I dont want to be known." He offers a faint shrug, then shifts his gaze to the woman who sat down at the table, offering an overly pleasant smile to her, "And welcome, m'lady, to the rag-tag group." He pauses momentarily, then opens his mouth to continue his words, but halts apon the arrival of the blind man. His words now alter to address this pilgrim, "Ah, the pleasure is mine, at least in my case." He nods now at the arrival of yet another of the group - that large barbarian he had basically followed since his arrival. "Well, we're waiting on just one now, arent we?" He pauses, listening to their conversation of how to divide the spoils of this adventure, then he sighs faintly, butting in, "Perhaps for the most part it could be divided evenly, but what of things useless to others?" He shifts, raising a hand to pat the hulking barbarian heartily on the back, "I mean, wise as you may be, friend, I doubt your going to be needing a book of spells now, are you?"

Offline Tyrion Gaunt

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2004, 09:07:21 PM »
The pilgrim frowned at the women after her comment of those who would be useless wondering did she mean me,well we shall see if I am the useless one the pilgrim sat sliently crossing his  legs in his chair listening to how they would divide any found spoils.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2004, 09:18:59 PM »
(OOC: A mity touchy are we? : P)

Offline Tyrion Gaunt

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2004, 09:21:14 PM »
O.O.C:Well Ria he is blind :)

Offline Andimia

• The last person picked for kickball
  • Lord
  • My hovercraft is full of eels
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2004, 07:53:13 PM »
Ami roamed the streets, searching for a couple last minute rations, a whetstone, and a water flask. Figuring that she had some time, Ami roamed the city, as she had never been to such a large place reminding herself of how many more thieves might be here. She stopped against a building checked all of her pockets to make sure she wasn't missing anything. Then Ami removed her Fontis Stone from her pocket, shielding it's glow to prevent attention. She slipped it in her quiver so it fell to the bottom, safe from any pickpockets. She also checked her gold, happy to have received some up front to add to what she had, and decided to buy a blanket so sleeping outside would be a little more comfortable then the trip here. She folded it and with a strap of leather she tied it to her back under her cloak so she wouldn't have to carry it through the streets, and it wouldn't block access to her weapons.  She decided it would be good to head towards the green dragon. As Ami walked down the street absently looking at what the other people had for sale, a thief attempting to flee the authorities, plowed straight into her. Ami fell into a stand of jewelry, scattering the wares along the side of the street as the thief ran off. Wincing, she pulled herself to her feet, and turned around to assess the damage. She turned to the man selling the wares.
"I am SO sorry, there was a man and he ran into me and--" She stopped as the peddler's face turned red with anger. "I'll help you clean it up." She attempted to assure him as she bent over to pick up the stand and began putting the jewelry back on the stand as best she could. She could feel the gazes of the gathering crowd upon her back. as she was picking up some bracelets she noticed that her arrows had spilled out upon the ground. She snatched them up but then remembered the Fontis Stone. She wildly removed the quiver from her back and reached her hand down to the bottom feeling for her precious gem. Nothing.
"Oh crap!" She tossed her arrows into the quiver and set it next to her. She then proceeded to rummage through the jewelry upon the ground until she found it's glow. She picked it up by the chain and breathed a sigh of relief.
"Keep working!" the peddler snapped at her as he began to properly arrange the jewelry on the stand. Ami went to put the stone in her pocket. "Hey! You destroy my stand, then you steal from me!" The peddler exclaimed.
"No no, This is mine, I dropped it when I fell." She held up the gem. The man snatched it from her hand.
"Don't make me call the guards!" He threatened
"Here, I'll give you 100 gold for the gem and the mess I caused." She whispered below the crowd. Knowing that the others were probably wondering where she was, and she was in a hurry to get away from the growing amount a gawkers. She pulled the coin from her pouch and the peddler's eyes grew huge with greed.
"Fine." He said quickly as he dropped the stone in her hand and she gave him the coin. Ami dashed the gem into her pocket, and wiped her wet hand on her cloak, as she picked up her quiver of arrows and headed off towards the Green Dragon.

Ami walked into the door and easily spotted the table of motley travelers. She stopped off at the bar and handed the man her paper from the Baron, then proceeded to the table as the man behind the counter gave out a groan behind her.
"Sorry I'm late." She wearily apologized

OOC: sorry for the novel. figured she should have a reson for being late.

If a woman can do it better, then by all means let her

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2004, 07:56:55 PM »
"Aye anyone else notice the locals here aren't of the really friendly type?"

Offline Araith

• Guardian
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2004, 09:09:08 PM »
OOC: Don't worry, long posts are good, and I enjoy reading them.

"Well, one final vote on dividing the treasure found at this place, evenly, or first to grab it gets it..." Seth let them think for a moment. He was in no rush, they needed to get to sleep if they were to get going the next morning. Seth brought his drink up the final time, completly draining the mug, "Hurry with you thoughts, we all will be needing a good sleep 'fore tomorrow."

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2004, 09:13:06 PM »
"I vote evenly." Loren said, he put away another mug of beer but it didn't seem to phase him the least.

Offline Andimia

• Lord
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2004, 09:17:37 PM »
"Evenly works for me." Ami said as she flagged down a barmaid for a glass of water, which she drained quickly.

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2004, 09:27:00 PM »
A faint sigh passes Nurins lips and he offers a faint nod to nobody in particular, "I can see where this is going. I choose evenly as well, then." His gaze turns to the newest arrival, the woman, and he offers a pleasant smile and a nod to her. "Well, Thats everyone is it not? I dont suppose we could trade names now? I am Nurin..." he pauses, gaze narrowing slightly apon that last woman, pondering over why she took such a time. He does not ask as much, however - her reasons would be her own.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2004, 11:21:19 PM »
"I am Gray."  It was becoming rapidly apparent that she only spoke when she had something to say, and was not one to waste words.  My, but we're a varied lot.  This promises to be interesting.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2004, 09:33:12 PM »
"I'm Loren, I may look like a crazy old fool but you can count on me to handle anything of sorcerous business, spells, or traps." Loren chirped with a hald senile grin.

Offline Araith

• Guardian
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2004, 10:01:47 PM »
"Well met, I am Seth, and if you can keep my back clear, I'll clear the front." A smile crossed the young barbarian's face. He soley wanted to adventure, and meeting a diverse group like this only added on to the experience. "Well, lets clear the introductions and be off to get some sleep. From the baron's story as to where it's located, I would think it to be less than two days travel." Waiting for the rest of them to intoduce themselves and wanting to go to his room to sleep.

Offline Tyrion Gaunt

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2004, 08:25:28 AM »
The blind pilgrim listened carefully to the introductions placing each voice with the persons name waiting for his chance " And I am brother Kaelis tis a pleasure ta meet yas".Quickly standing and bowing to each person Kaelis sat down waiting for what was next.

Offline Andimia

• Lord
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2004, 05:03:44 PM »
She carefully listened to everybody so that she'd remember their names. Now it was her turn.
"My name is Amithraniel, but you can call me Ami." she greeted as she looked at the group. She liked the fact that everybody was different, unlike the people in her village.

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2004, 12:57:57 AM »
Nurin nods faintly at each name uttered, storing each in his memory, and once all names are stated, the man pushes back from the table, rising and shifting his bottle of wine in the center of the table for whoever wants the remainder of it. "Well, t'is a pleasure to meet you all, but its time for me to retire. If you all want to waste a good - and free nights sleep planning for  tomorrow, so be it, just fill me in on the morning." This said, he turns, now, Offering his sheet of paper to the inn-keep, who grudgingly gives him a key to one of the rooms. He whistles faintly as he heads upstairs, leaving the others to their business, and ponders on a saying he heard once - that all the greatest plans remain intact until the first arrow is fired.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2004, 11:13:34 AM »
Gray looked around.  "As we don't yet have any useful information beyond the location, I believe I shall also go to bed."  Having already given her paper to the innkeep, she simply went up the stairs to her room.