llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Eru'tan  (Read 16128 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Andimia

• The last person picked for kickball
  • Lord
  • My hovercraft is full of eels
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2004, 09:23:51 PM »
"Let's go." Ami said, her green eyes gleaming. She gripped her bow in her left hand, listening to the rustling. "Get ready, Something is coming towards us."

If a woman can do it better, then by all means let her

Offline Araith

• Guardian
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2004, 09:34:51 PM »
Seth led the way into the brush...following the little dirt road. Some rustling could be heard off to the right, the group tensed at the noise, there was no significant wind to produce such a noise. They knew something was there....

Everyone tensed, standing in a defensive position, weapons in hand. Then they heard it again, but it was closer, and moving closer! Araith took a step forward, scanning the right side of the 'trail'. Then the movement was visible in the bushes for just a moment....Then it appeared, a deer jumped out and across the pass in an instant. Everyone let out a sigh.

Looking back to catch their glances Seth studied them. But he only noted the knowledge and set their stride anew. They walked for about two minutes, When the path cleared. It revealed a...temple-like building. It was a large circle at the base, with five more smaller circles leading upward, the circles getting smaller as they raise up. A stairway led up to the top, to a door-way. Each circle was covered with a type of...mossy-like substance, the first was in the color of a dark brown, the next was a lighter brown, then It went to a dark dark green. The next one up was a dark grey-like color, the next was a lighter tint of that color. The last, and smallest one was a dark solid black color.
19:43:31 [Shadoweagle] Heya - your not moderator anymore, Araith?

19:43:40 [Araith] Nope

19:43:50 [Araith] I 'accidentaly' Deleted the site.

19:43:56 [Araith] So I got demoted.

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2004, 02:45:28 AM »
Nurin gave a small start of surprise as the deer leapt forth, but quickly calmed, even allowing a faint chuckle to register from his lips. All the same, his weapon remains firmly in hand, and he continues forth. The man gives a small gasp at the sight of the peculiarly structured temple, and a faint smile quirkes upon his lips - any temple that gives off such a strong sense of forboding must contain magical books and equipment, in his mind. His mind wanders back momentarily to the temple he used to work in, and his lips then curl into a deep, unhappy frown. He remains oddly quiet from now, far more serious and on-task, as he walks forward and begins to wordlessly ascend those stairs.
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline Araith

• Guardian
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2004, 09:13:33 PM »
Seth led the group up to the top in a cautious stalk. There was no door, but it was pure darkness inside. Seth took out a torch and lit it. The light only went several feet, instead of the usual sixty feet. The light flickered as if recoiling to an invisible force. But there was sufficent light to see the inside of the room. All around in a circle, there are runes...if inspected closer, the runes are dirty and appear to be...silver. At the end of the room there is a small black stone-like object, that goes up to a man's waist. There too are runes that circle the side of the stone. Almost all of the party had no idea as to what the runes were, they were nothing but gibberish in their sight. All but save Nurin, he knew them....and it scared him...

Seth looked around at the odd sight. He looked at the runes as closely as he could, and after coming to the conclusion that they were silver, a thought registered in his mind. "I say we take these silver 'rune's, they are definetly worth something, So what do you say?"

OOC: If you look closely at the stone object, you notice it isin't set down steadily....well, you notice it will move with enough force.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2004, 09:21:33 PM »
Gray didn't like this place.  She didn't like how old it felt, or how isolated it was.  There was something about it that brought to mind bad, bad memories, that she thought the many intervening years had wiped out.  "I don't believe that would be a very good idea  Seth.  I'm not sure we should meddle with anything in this place."
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2004, 09:32:07 PM »
Nurin approached that blackened, stone-like object and more specifically - the runes which adorned it. His eyes widened in shock at the sight of these runes - Few knew of these runes - they were lost from an ancient civilisation some several millenia ago - even only some five people in the tower of inanus - which devoted their lives to the mystery of magic - were able to decipher such runes!
Nurin ran a hand from right to left along those runes - reading them in the way which they are meant to be read, and uttering their language softly, "D'unarin 'ki tholoth arean dumal..." He blanched slightly at these words - they were the same words in which those on the uppermost floor of his former workplace used to hold the demons they had summoned. He backed away slightly from that alter-like block and glanced to the others warily, "I would not touch those if I were you... breaking a word from these runes would cancel this spell of holding. And this is a powerful spell... Nobody would waste so much energy for such an incantation unless it was needed - its keeping something at bay." Of course, some may think Nurin had no idea what he was talking about - after all, none of THEM could read those words, and that was the finest quality silver used to craft those runes. Either way, Nurin backed up several more steps, to the back of the group - His features, which were normally cheerful, and perhaps a little idiotic, were now a mask of worry.

Offline Andimia

• Lord
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2004, 10:13:24 PM »
Ami cautiously stepped into the room.
"Maybe Nurin and Gray are right." She shivered, "I don't think we should take anything." Turning her attention she peered at the runes upon the wall. They seemed so delicate in their silver state. She walked up to the wall, looking hard at the runes, as if she were deciphering them. She picked out two characters that looked familiar, but she had no clue what they ment. She wiped one clean as she traced it with her finger.
I wonder what could be so important as to go through so much work.... She thought to herself. Ami turned and looked at the others to see their reactions to the runes. The general echoing of the chamber was hurting her ears as she wished everyone would stop shuffling around. She turned back to the rune, and memorized it.

Offline Araith

• Guardian
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2004, 10:39:15 PM »
"Nonsense!", Seth said as he took out his sixth rune, "These things are made out of a good silver, Go aheead, take a few...No harm'll come to ya." Seth said as he took out a few more of the runes.

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2004, 10:46:27 PM »
Nurin actually releases a faint gasp at Seths words and actions, and he falters several steps further back from that alter-like object. He glares at the large man, shaking his head, "Fool!" Funny - not long ago HE was the one acting the fool - now this 'wise' barbarian corrupted a spell! Nurin shifts his gaze back and forth over the room, awaiting to see any effects, and begins to relax slightly upon seeing nothing immediately happen.

Offline Andimia

• Lord
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2004, 10:15:36 PM »
Ami froze. He couldn't have! she watched Seth take more runes off of the wall. "Are you crazy!?" she scolded. and then she stopped, something was terribly wrong, she could feel it. "This isn't right, you have to put thoes back." She shook her head uncontrollably. She was getting scared, scaring herself. She backed towards the door. If something did appear, she'd be able to get out of there if she needed to.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2004, 10:34:37 PM »
Gray stepped back, considerably startled.  A dirty gray feather drifted out of her long coat, presumably jarred from some hidden pocket.  Then she looked around.  At least three of them, herself included, were remarkably tense.  Nothing had befallen Seth when he moved the runes, and it was possible nothing would.  Gray didn't usually let her nerves get out of hand, though.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Araith

• Guardian
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2004, 05:21:22 PM »
"Jeez...you guys are wierd...oh well." Seth stopped when he got about half-way around the room. "Well...If you don't want me to continue I wo..." Seth was cut short by a seering beam of light, that cut through the vision, almost all of the group, of the group.
When their senses came back, the group was before a block of stone in the center of the room. It had runes around it, but it pulsed with light...the light continued to pulse, not really seeming to change. It just sat there, glowing.

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2004, 08:04:47 PM »
Nurin gave a soft curse under his breath, shaking his head, "You d**ned barbaric  clod!" The man sighed - certainly this was a change to the light-hearted, foolish Nurin earlier. Worry etched upon the lines of his forehead and he took steps back further still, until he was next to the wall. The gleaming flash of light flashed, and Nurin just turned his head to one side so as not to be temporarily blinded, and his gaze turned back to that stone block, peering at it fearfully.

Offline Araith

• Guardian
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2004, 08:54:45 PM »
OOC: Is any one here, have any kind of cleric-like ness? Or some god they devote themselves to?

IC: The square block of stone continued to beam with light for several minutes before anything happened. It slowly grew in intensity. The light slowly grew in intensity as well as faster pulses. The stone grew hotter as well. The runes on the block began to boil and melt. The entire block soon started to melt....slowly sinking to the group. As it started down it began to reveal four skeletons. The block quickly melted down to the ground. Leaving four skeletons with shields and long swords. Once completely free they began to move...

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2004, 09:06:18 PM »
OOC: Nurin may believe in several gods, but he doesnt follow any specifically.

IC: Nurin actually breathed a sigh of faint release - though the skeletons may be formidible enough, that spell was capable of holding far greater foes. He was glad there wasnt some elder demon wrapped within that stone. The main raised both hands, the words of a suited spell forming in his mind, but just before he was about to utter the words, his gaze shifted to the people of the group, and he faltered, words fading from his thoughts as memories of his past overcame him - What if he miscast the spell and hurt these people!? What if he had to add the guilt of more innocent deaths upon his consciousness...

Nurin gave an involuntary shudder and lowered his hands, shifting one behind his cloak to withdraw his dagger - such a weapon would cause little damage to such creatures, but he was not as pessimistic about its use as with his magic - and he charged forth, oddly silent as he raised his dagger and thrust it forth in attempts to shove it through the closest undeads skull. The magic imbued on the dagger will allow it to easily penetrate the thick bone.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #90 on: February 19, 2004, 09:13:00 PM »
Gray wasn't surprised.  When the stone had started melting, she had drawn her sword.  Now she sized up the skeletons.  Not the worst thing that could have appeared.  Certainly nothing that she had any reason to fear.  She raised her blade, ready to fight.  Anyone who cared to look would see that a thin line of faintly glowing runes curled it's way along the length of it.  Gray attacked the closest one.

Offline Araith

• Guardian
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2004, 09:15:10 PM »
Seth looked at the group of skeletons as they slowly marched toward the group. Seth dropped his bag and took up his weapon. Raising the warhammer above his head, Seth cast it at the closest screaming, "Tempus!" He yelled to his war god. The weapon went end over end untill it hit the skeleton, it took a big chunk of it's chest off, as well as it's shield arm. But the skeleton still came forth as though nothing happened. The skeleton was almost within arms reach of Seth as he charged the undead abomination. But suddenly, Seth's warhammer appeared in his hands again to the astonishment of the other members of the group. And with it, he took off the entire upper-body of the skeleton.

Seth followed through with a kick to what would have been the skeletons groin, barely hurting the already disabled creature. Seth turned as he readied for the next skirmish, yelling, "Tempus!"

Offline Araith

• Guardian
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2004, 10:44:45 PM »
OOC: In normal skirmishes like these, you can hit what you want or miss if you'd like to miss. However, only perform one attack a round, two if they are melee attacks, no two magical attacks or any attacks that drain your character in any kind of way. I'll notify you when you won't be allowed to rp your own hits and misses.

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #93 on: February 19, 2004, 10:51:08 PM »
OOC: Aaah! :) Good-o
In that case...
IC: The dagger which Nurin thrust at the skeletons skull penetrated it without much trouble, though it seemed not to effect the undead at all. All the same, Nurin then raised a boot, pushing his heel against the skeletons rib-cage before it can act, pushing it back forcefully into a second skeleton, causing them both to tumble to the ground. The force of that kick allowed him to wrench his dagger from that skull, and he now turns to get all four skeletons in view.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #94 on: February 19, 2004, 11:05:09 PM »
Gray slashed at a skeleton that hadn't been hit yet.  Her sword bit deep into bone.  A pair of arm bones clattered to the ground.  Another slash took two ribs out.  Gray was just getting started.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • http://roleplay.andromorphia.com/
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #95 on: February 19, 2004, 11:05:17 PM »
OOC: Geeze I loose my interenet for a few days and everyone in the whole world posts alot!

IC:

Loren thought something like this would happen once the big oaf touched something.  He dropped his walking and staff and ripped off his ankle length tunic in gesture. As his hood fell off it revealed a large bald spot on top of his head and shocking white hair that stuck out like lighting bolts to either side.  He had no shirt on beneath revealing a finely muschled body, he wore baggy desert dusters for patns and had a wide red sash around his waist.  Loren on his forearm's had two gaunlets that crackled and snapped little tiny strobes of lighting played across the surface of eachone.  

He stepped up to one of the skeletons and slammed a meat fist into the sternum bone of one skeleton, followed up by several more lighting fast fists that literaly dismembered the undead being.

The skeleton wobbles for a second then complely falls apart.

Loren retrieved his cloak and let the others finish their opponents. He grabbed his walking stick and held it like a quarter staff.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #96 on: February 19, 2004, 11:07:41 PM »
(OOC:  Luke, kindly look at what Araith posted about hits.  And fix your post accordingly.)

Offline Araith

• Guardian
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #97 on: February 27, 2004, 01:29:41 PM »
In one sweeping arc, Seth finished off the last skeleton, blowing him apart in a hundred different pieces.
"Well...that was unexpected..." Seth said as he inspected the weapons the feeble skeletons used. Seth, convinced the weapons were useless, stood back up to survey the group. No one hurt, nothing lost...An exellent first battle. Only together for two days and they've already have gained experience. But this won't be all they recieve this day...

Before anyone could really do anything, a large, almost clear, form of a large beast-like figure began to slowely rise from the group. But, as it did, it seemed to be fighting for it's every step, it was acting as if it were breaking some invisible bonds, but no one could see anything of that nature. The creature finally rose to it's full height, feet on the ground. The creature looked almost transparent, as if this was not it's true place of being. It surveyed the group...looking at each one, staring into their eyes, measuring up all of them, it could sense the somewhat magical properties of some of the groups weapons, but convinced that the group was no real threat...that is, until it laid it's 'eyes' on Grey. The creature took a step back as he looked at the young woman...almost as if it were shocked to see her. But, that shock was soon thrown off as the creature drew up it's plans.

"What devil is this!?" Seth said as he portrayed the creature. "You will not live to see another day!" Seth challenged as he brought his warhammer into his hands. "Tempus!!" Seth roared as he charged the creature, bringing 'Aegis-Fang' to his side, Seth swung the warhammer into the creature, the weapon stopped it hit the creature, wavering inside, as if it had nothing which to hold onto. After a moment the weapon went straight through the creature, the shock of the turn of events held Seth in place for a second too long. The beast took one huge stroke horizontally with it's hand and hit Seth, sending him across the room, smacking into the wall. The creature then turned to the rest of the group, to find his next target.

(It's a wraith for any of you whose character might know what it is...Also, only weapons of another plane can do any kind of damage to this thing...that or some kind of 'holy' weapon or attack.)

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #98 on: February 27, 2004, 03:15:54 PM »
Gray sized up the creature.  She felt like she should know what it was, but she couldn't remember encountering one before.  But there were a lot of things that Gray had done that she couldn't remember.  But she'd figure it out later.  It was immaterial it seemed, or could become so at will.  She slashed experimentally at it. The blade met some resistance, but she could tell that she hadn't done the thing much harm at all.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • http://roleplay.andromorphia.com/
    • Awards
Eru'tan
« Reply #99 on: February 27, 2004, 05:43:29 PM »
Loren looked up in surprise and some horror the creature had utterly backhanded poor Seth.  Loren took a few steps back, "See if you can keep it distracted he shouted at Grey for a few minutes."  Loren raised up the staff he was holding and began incanting.  Loren wasn't by far the best incanter but not the worst either the chant had a slow almost musical beat to it.  Slowly at first Loren felt the hairs on the back of his head stand on end.  The chamber started to take on an acrid smell some what like before a thunderstorm started.  Sweat started to trickle down Lorens forehead and stung at his eyes, but he didn't dare blink less he falter with the incantation, and the energies he was drawing to him be released to soon.  

The small crystal on his staff started pulsing, a pale blue light filled the room.  Small almost invisible bolts of energy played across the wall, Lorens staff and the beast.  Loren felt a buzz in his ears from the energy of spell, his voice reached a crescendo, on the last note he fell back into common tongue.  "So let it be!" He cried there was a brilliant flash of white light and a beam of pale blue energy stabbed out from the staff Loren held at the beast.  Loren slumped over against the wall sweat stank in the air and he breathed heavily...