llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: the changing,  (Read 3718 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Naymu

• Adept
    • Awards
the changing,
« on: January 20, 2004, 08:24:28 PM »
"Indeed, the lands have seemed to be randomly changing on us the past few months, the work of high magic it is said, but who really knows? Are the realms reforming, starting anew, as scientists in our world had once though killed out the old races, ones only heard of in fairy tales and myth? I have decided to take the initiative and find out, i follow the pattern of destruction that change has brought, the changing is not only geographical, but changing people too, driving them mad, changing them into...things...killing them, a great evil, or a great good, is changing these lands and destroying all we've known, it started with my home, it destroyed the mountain kingdom...as many fleed as possible, those that didnt were turned into beasts, or were driven mad and killed there families and friends, and there in lays my motive, i want to reverse this evil that has corrupted and destroyed my lands into nothing but dust, the mountains sealed, years of mining into that mountain to make the greatest dwarven kingdom any mortal ever could see, gone...the rock just began reforming so fast, a few didnt make it out even, they either disintigrated or are stuck in the stone...if i can reverse this, will all be back? I would destroy the man who has done this, whether it be his own or any other deity...the most powerful wizard in all the realms,...no matter who, he will fall by my hands...I ask you help me, and i give warning to flee your city now my friend (choose the city by the race of your character i am to suppose, for i do not know who will post on this) , tell your king of this, he must believe you, I will wait at the alehouse, come tell me of your findings as soon as possible my friend. (you know my name is Naymu)
I Naymu McBane, shall poison more than the deadly glare of a cockatrice!

Offline Naymu

• Adept
    • Awards
the changing,
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2004, 04:42:51 PM »
Naymu sits in the tavern awaiting his friend's arrival, he needs as many adventurers as can get, but he himself has to wonder if what he saw was real, seeing isnt believing...but when he hears another dwarf in the tavern speaking, he knows he is still sane...The dwarf says shaking,"I couldn't believe me eyes, the mountain gates just crumbled away! I ran as fast and as far as my feet would bring me. I'm completely confused of what has happened to ma'home...all...gone...another drink!"

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
the changing,
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2004, 04:59:22 PM »
"S'cuse, me.  Pardon me.  Lemme through, please."  Lilla made her way through the crowded room.  She was a small woman, and had to stand on a vacant chair for a moment to see over the people's heads.  "Hie!  Naymu!"  She made her way to his table and sat down.  "Crowded in here, innit?"
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Naymu

• Adept
    • Awards
the changing,
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2004, 05:05:20 PM »
Aye, tis my friend, have you talked to him? Does he believe my tale Lilla?...and another thing...i need you, to come with me, the pattern is headed to the south, and as i said you must leave here...With me i hope. It last hit the city just north of here...

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
the changing,
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2004, 05:09:37 PM »
"Slow down, friend.  No, I couldn't get in to talk to him.  He's hearing vague reports from the borderlands, probably concerning this same thing.  Whatever it is, he's too busy to make time for a lowly girl with no money nor land nor influence."  Lilla snatched someone's drink.  "But I'll come with you."

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Naymu

• Adept
    • Awards
the changing,
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2004, 05:16:48 PM »
"Hrmm, he must be warned...this dark magic, or whatever it may be moves quick, and would take, minutes...to destroy this town, there is no defense for it that we know of."

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • http://roleplay.andromorphia.com/
    • Awards
the changing,
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2004, 06:21:10 PM »
A tall man with a long robe on comes in, "Aye something just turned me farm aginst me and runed my farmland, I hear there be some dark magic about.  I would lay my sword with anyone who is going against it."

Offline Naymu

• Adept
    • Awards
the changing,
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2004, 09:19:51 PM »
"This is great to hear, may i ask your name?I am Naymu McBane, and I have a feeling we can reverse this magic. If magic at'ull" Naymu offers the tall man a drink..."Tell me more of your farm"

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
the changing,
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2004, 11:00:01 PM »
"Aye my name Leudast Nillin, m'e farm had been here since the well before I was born, owned by my pappy and my grand pappy and now me.  But a few days ago I had to slay afew animals cuz' they started actin' all mad.  It onyl got worse till one mornning I woke up to an earthquake and just got out of the house before the whole black ground opened up, and swalloed my whole house!"  Leudast took a long pull from his drink.

Offline Naymu

• Adept
    • Awards
the changing,
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2004, 04:43:35 PM »
"Dear gods! It works in many ways, the last place i saw destroyed simply faded into the wind, as sand would...your lucky, as i was...i happened to be training a distance away from the mountain gates to my city and saw the whole thing happen before my eyes, do the gods curse our lands? Or is there dark magic involved?!...we must leave now."

Offline Naymu

• Adept
    • Awards
the changing,
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2004, 04:44:39 PM »
(OOC: if im not mistaken Ria, you took the part of a gnomish lady? Or...a very short human? =P tell me)

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
the changing,
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2004, 05:14:24 PM »
(OOC: Short human.)

"I know we do."  Lilla turned to the newcomer.  "I'm Lilla.  This works in many different ways; my family seemed to have taken a curse.  Or something."

Offline Naymu

• Adept
    • Awards
the changing,
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2004, 05:18:31 PM »
"Yes...or something, but on to more important matters, are the two of you ready to head to the king's court? i must notify him of current events, and with your story and mine i think maybe he will listen."

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • Awards
the changing,
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2004, 05:50:42 PM »
"Aye if the bugger will do something."

Offline Naymu

• Adept
    • Awards
the changing,
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2004, 05:53:26 PM »
"Just as notice...the city of man deserves good warning, dont i wish i had some, and you too my friend? Shall we be off?"

Offline Naymu

• Adept
    • Awards
the changing,
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2004, 08:23:22 PM »
We walk to the king's court, its guarded by 2 men in full plate, "Sirs, we must speak to the king, immediately, it is of utmost importance," Naymu says, but the guards block the path, saying that we will not be able to speak to the king at this time, but of course that wont do, but naymu knows better than to fight his way inside, instead of just says "Alright," and walks away, motioning Leudast and Lilla to listen to his plan. "Listen, we must get past the two guards there, help me think of something that may urge them aside, something..."

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
the changing,
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2004, 11:37:25 AM »
"I know I won't be able to get their attention.  I quite annoyed them earlier, and I shouldn't think that they'd listen to me now."  Lilla craned her neck, looking around for anything that might help.  "What is probably needed is some type of emergency, one far away from the gate..."

Offline Naymu

• Adept
    • Awards
the changing,
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2004, 11:55:25 AM »
"exactly my thoughts, but...i dont want to do anything to harm the citizens here." Naymu looked around as well, and a thought struck him, "Orcs are attacking the south entrance." he whispered to himself, "Why of course, Lilla you know the berry juice the theatre uses for fake blood? Heres what we do, we'll make us some of that same blood, and one of us will need to make a scene, telling the two guards that all guards at the south entrance have been slayed by a group of orc,"

Offline Naymu

• Adept
    • Awards
the changing,
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2004, 04:24:27 PM »
Naymu looked at the two, awaiting their response...and then the two guards parted, and the king walked through, he said "I will believe nothing of it!" as a party, elf, dwarf, and a barbarian looking man walked out behind him. "M'lord, it is up to you to decide what you believe, but my home is gone, as well as these two," said the elf. The king only replied, "What foolishness, how could you bring me such lies, cities don't just disapear!" but as he said it, a silence went completely over the city. the sky grew dark and what was a sunny day was black...a storm brewed, lightning streaking with devilish wind, and cold hard rain.
 With every rain drop all things not set by nature began to fade away, melted almost into the rain, hitting the ground and fading into the earth, before your very eyes, the raindrops beat on top of the king's palace...the guards stare at the crumbling building, watching it vanish from sight...it crumbled not of the material it was made, but into water.
 Not only was this happening to the palace, but also to every home, shop, building, or place created by man. Though when the rain hit a living creature, it did nothing, in the leaves of trees, nothing.
 About you the town vanishes, only remaining the people in it, and the items carried by the people.
 Men and woman in the tavern, watched, as the ceiling, walls, and floor about them changed to liquid form and fell onto them, and all that was left was them, and their ale.
  A man stumbled by saying, "I've lost my mind,"
  the elf, dwarf, and barbarian's facial expression changed to fear, they were no longer confused, but not knowing completely the motive of this great evil, destroy the cities but not the men in them? Aravur, the king, looked at the elf, who now you notice wears black robes, with staff in hand, and Aravur said to him, "What is this magic!? You come into MY city, tell me of this...and...and my precious city is gone, YOU! you did this dint you, you wizard bastard! Guards attack him!" he shouted. The elf took a step back, "I didn't do this you d**ned fool! Why then, would i warn you first!?"
The dwarf and barbarian, both obviously highly trained fighters, stood in front of the two guardsman, the dwarf wore an ancient symbol on his plate chest, and around his neck, weilding a double bladed axe.
The Barbarian, unsheated a mighty two-handed sword, by the looks of it, costed a pretty penny.
  Aravur, mindless at the sight of his beautiful city destroyed in minutes, stealthily slipped behind the two fighters, and drew a dagger on the wizard, "DIE FILTHY WIZARD!" he screamed as he thrusted, but before he met his target, he felt the blade of an axe meet his back, and fell to his knees.
The guards swung at the dwarf, one merely hitting his armor, and the other tore at his shoulder, he roared as he turned back around and sent his axe through one guards neck.
The barbarian kicking the other to the floor, but allowed him leave after taking his weapon.
Lilla watches as her king had gone mad, and attacks the robed elf, but the dwarf turns to Aravur and lays his hand onto the fresh wound across his back. It healed quite nicely, as the king lay unconscious, alive.