Extraneous Voices of Picayune > Tomes and Illusions

What books do you read?

<< < (66/66)

Chaosmark:
Bujold's Barrayar series. Also known as the Vorkosigan saga. There's enough there to keep you reading for a while, if you end up liking it. I myself tried the first book and immediately got hooked. My next week was spent almost completely entranced reading the whole series. There is your friendly warning.

Kassy:
@Tianakki: thank you for mentioning the Dresden Files in an earlier post, I've started reading them again, finished Storm Front last night and - if the library stock them - will read the next 2 over the weekend.

Dresden Files aside, I'm still reading The Seven Basic Plots by Christopher Booker. I have to put it down quite a lot. It's just not possible to read more than a section or two in the same sitting.

valadaar:
Got a DTF* book for Fathers Day. Game of thrones #5, A Dance with Dragons.  Haven't read a paper book in ages.

*Dead Tree Format

Kassy:
The Hobbit. I simply love Tolkien's works. I'll only read a book more than once if I've really enjoyed it. As with films, each time I read his books, something else jumps out at me that I didn't notice, or pay particular attention to the first, second and third time around.  :read:

I've also just been introduced to the Wild Card's series edited by George Martin (yep, that one), I read the collection titled 'Inside Straight'. Now I just need to get my hands on the first book, which seems illusive and which the library staff have mislabeled as Inside Straight  :huh:

Finally, I've also managed to read the Guns of Navarone by Alistair Maclean. After the third attempt. For whatever reason I wasn't able to get into it the first two times, but I'm glad I persevered.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version