Extraneous Voices of Picayune > Tomes and Illusions

What books do you read?

<< < (62/66) > >>

Dossta:
Just finished Book 2 of The Codex Alera by Jim Butcher, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.  The first book left me kinda cold for some reason, and I hadn't planned on finishing the series.  Now I can't wait to get my hands on the next one.  The characters are much better in this one -- far more mature -- and the plotting is really tight.  And at only six books long, it's unlikely to devolve into a long slog like The Sword of Truth.  Definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a good epic fantasy to jump into.   :read:

Strolen:
Just finished the Liveship Traders Trilogy by Robin Hobb and I must say it was pretty badass. I enjoyed his Assassin Apprentice books a long time ago and wasn't ready to reread them so gave these a try. Very glad I did. Very interesting idea to them and some of the characters were pretty neat. Others were just as cool but left a little too much mystery about them by the end of the book. But all said, "D'aaar, they be a great breed of book they are."

Now reading some normal fiction that my wife said I must read. Read one of hers in between the trilogies. Next I am looking at some Guy Gavriel Kay books. I know they are technically trilogies so was going to start with Tigana. Seems everyone says read that one. Still stalling on reading the last Wheel of Time book. I think I am going to read them all the way through one more time.

MoonHunter:
Having read The Doomsday Vault and the Impossible Cube.  I have found and have nearly finished Dragon Men - the third book in the Clockwork Empire series. 

I am looking for Havoc Machine, in the same steampunk setting, just different characters. 

Gossamer:

--- Quote from: Strolen on September 09, 2013, 01:26:44 PM ---Just finished the Liveship Traders Trilogy by Robin Hobb and I must say it was pretty badass. I enjoyed his Assassin Apprentice books a long time ago and wasn't ready to reread them so gave these a try. Very glad I did. Very interesting idea to them and some of the characters were pretty neat. Others were just as cool but left a little too much mystery about them by the end of the book. But all said, "D'aaar, they be a great breed of book they are."

--- End quote ---

Robin Hobb is great, I've soon read almost all her work (she's a she btw, real name, Margaret Astrid Lindholm Ogden). Currently reading the Golden Fool. And the Wheel of Time is great too, haven't read the final book yet though.

Pariah:
Just finished Worm, a behemoth of a web serial about a teenage girl with the super power of controlling bugs.  I enjoyed it, but I will give you the heads up that it clocks in at the better part of 1.75x10^6 words.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version