Extraneous Voices of Picayune > Tomes and Illusions

What books do you read?

<< < (61/67) > >>

Strolen:
Rothfuss is another whose style I very much enjoy. Plus, he looks like a dwarf and how can you go wrong with that.

Kvothe!!

I reread the two books just this month. What boggles me about it is that it seems that the story just begun and there is supposedly just "one more day" of story telling available to finish it (ie. one book). I agree I liked the first one better but like the second better than many other novels so still awesome. Always great seeing the underdog embarrass his "betters."

Awesome though, I must say.

Shadoweagle:
Yeah, either he is going to add more days, or the next book will be a whopper! Hopefully the tale continues after his history as well!

Murometz:
Currently reading: Jo Nesbo... Redbreast, The Snowman, and The Leopard. I can see why he's Norway's favored son now.

Dozus:
I'm currently reading Michael F. Flynn's Eifelheim. It has great appeal to me as both a historian and a science fiction fan. Setting a SF novel in medieval Germany is kind of a risk, but he nails it with the historical detail and techy-but-real science and mathematics talk in the non-medieval portions of the book.

Kassy:

--- Quote from: Dossta on August 28, 2012, 12:46:23 PM ---I'm probably late to the bandwagon, but I love The Dresden Files.  I just finished book nine (White Night) and am impatiently waiting for the bastard who has the next book to check it back into the library :P

--- End quote ---

Ah, the Dresden Files are brilliant! It's never too late!

I'm currently reading "A Feast for Crows" - I cannot get enoug GoT, definitely one of the best authors I have ever had the pleasure of reading. Once I finish with the books, I have the task of saving to buy the series on DVD.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version