Extraneous Voices of Picayune > Tomes and Illusions

What books do you read?

<< < (60/63) > >>

Dossta:

--- Quote from: MoonHunter on August 30, 2012, 02:41:36 PM ---
If you are late to the party, then you probably don't know about this either:

http://www.dresdenfilesrpg.com/

--- End quote ---

I actually almost bought that game in .PDF a few weeks ago, but was stopped by the realization that I have no one to play it with.  My normal group doesn't really get together anymore, and even if they did, none of them know the Dresden Files.  Still, the game looks fantastic and I would jump at the chance to play a forum game in the Dresden universe. :D

Chaosmark:
Well, a chapter of my life just came to an end. Mere moments ago, I finished A Memory of Light, the 14th and final book in the Wheel of Time. I have a few minor quibbles with some of the resolution, but I am content with it as an ending to a series that has literally been a companion to me my entire life. I've been reading voraciously since I was a small child, but the Wheel of Time was the first major series of books that I started reading, and has probably influenced my life and mindset far more than is readily apparent.

Strolen:
I started them in 1991 when I saw a friend carrying it in class. Reread the first few books probably 4+ times as new ones came out. Loved the first ones. A few of the middle ones really sucked...really. Then Sanderson took over, thank the moons, and it turned awesome again. All the crap that was flapping in the wind started to get gathered in and was spectacular (comparatively speaking anyway). (PS, Mistborn is probably one of my all time favorite trilogies).

I am SUPER excited for this final book. I'll probably reread some synopsis and then last two full books that he wrote in in the series before I hit this one. I want to stream through to the finale in a slow rehashed buildup...one long blaze of glory to cap almost a lifetime of reading as Chaos discussed.

Shadoweagle:
I used to read wheel of time. Great series, but it did drag on a fair bit, and I lost interest when I had to wait forever for the next book to come out. Another book I found great was 'the name of the wind' by Patrick rothfuss. The 2nd book, 'a wise mans fear' wadbalso good, but not quite as good as the first.

Scrasamax:
So I stumbled across bizarro lit, specifically a book called The Haunted Vagina, by Carlton Melleck III. The concept is among the most unique I've heard of. The woman has a vagina that also happens to be a hyperdimensional space/pocket dimension and the main character/author avatar goes on adventures inside to find the source of the whispers that come from his girlfriend's crotch.

And IMHO my above summary has a distinctly higher quality of writing than The Haunted Vagina.

It reads like a bag blog. Thank goodness I only was reading a free sample chapter and actually didn't pay money for it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version