llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: What books do you read?  (Read 66575 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Druid_Wiking

• The Last Freethinker alive.
  • Journeyman
    • Awards
Re: What books do you read?
« Reply #175 on: March 13, 2006, 11:01:11 AM »
I just finished valley of the horses, the first sequel to clan of the cave bear. It is somewhat entertaining, but overkill on the "gift of pleasures" as the cavemen call it.
The roleplaying games were never a danger.
Indeed, the only ones with real room to be
offended were pagans. As for me, I wish we druids could turn wood to gold. ;)

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #176 on: March 13, 2006, 12:22:41 PM »
Yes, the first book of that series was the best. Continues to go downhill.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Elite Systems Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Plot Guild Golden Creator
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #177 on: March 13, 2006, 01:09:58 PM »
Right now I am reading books about ATL and COM (900 pages), and about Windows Programming (including Charles Pretzolds 1500 page long hard cover beast, plus another one about 450 pages), aaaaand even some books about the Windows Vista graphical markup language nicknamed "Windows Presentation Foundation".

Developing and maintaining graphical interfaces for huge applications is my new job, and I read like a man would run, if the devil was in pursuit...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 01:42:16 PM by Ancient Gamer »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Elite Systems Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Plot Guild Golden Creator
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #178 on: March 18, 2006, 05:11:42 PM »
Recently got my hand on the critically acclaimed "Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell", by Susanna Clarke. This one is going to be a treat!
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Item Guild Lifeforms Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Hall of Heroes 10
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #179 on: March 21, 2006, 10:14:12 AM »
Just finished the non-fiction NY Times bestseller "End of Faith" by Sam Harris (religion- cant live without and cant live with it....)

Recently finished George RR Martin's Feast For Crows (he is in my opinion, the best thing going in fantasy today!)

Just finished John Connolly's "Black Angel". Good, but not as good as one of my favorites by him, "The Killing Kind". That one had it all...serial killers par excellence, a modern-day golem, a religious fanatic and his cult, and the creepy Mr. Pudd with his brown recluse spider army. I highly recommend that one!

About to simultaneously start reading "A History of Venice" by John Julius Norwich, and Bernard Cromwell's "The Last Kingdom". Cromwell makes history come alive, and has a knack for battle scenes.
Strolenati Guild – Adept-Seeker
Dwarven Guild – Ironball Steelbutter
Level 2
STR: 4 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3
Authentic Strolenite™©®
ex-illuminati Strolenati
Down with elves

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #180 on: March 21, 2006, 03:20:03 PM »
Found

Harry Potter and the Bible: The Menace Behind the Magick
     Harmless Fantasy or Dangerous Fascination?

I saw this...thing in the library and decided to pick it up and see what it was about. It is in truth a mix of Harry Potter cliff notes, covering the first four books, with each book summary followed by why Harry Potter is a negative influence and should not be read by adults or children. It occassionly references back to C. S. Lewis's Chronicles of Narnia and mentions Tolkien's name once, both in positive connotations.

Abanes primary diatribe seems to be that the Harry Potter books do not relay an allegorical message of christian values, and the main characters act in very self-centered ways. The adults in the stories fail to enforce the rules when broken etc. In this aspect Abanes seems bogged down in the fact that the book isnt an allegory of christianity (which Narnia is) and the fact that the characters are not punished for breaking the rules regardless of the reason. (You should never speed since that is breaking the law, even if you are driving an ambulance or a police car in persuit of a dangerous criminal. Never ever break the law! Axiophile.)

Secondly the author blasts Rowling for using the native (pagan!) history of the British isles as 1/3rd of her work. He claims that this familiar handling of magick (he insists on spelling it with a K every time) leads children to non-christian spiritualism, the occult and satanism. He sounds like the preacher on the mount, or a would be Torquemada in his attacks on the rituals of magic practiced in the book. Much of it is reactionary, bordering on knee-jerk responce to mentions of witches, wizards, and warlocks.

I'm going to finish the book, but this is the sort of person who organizes his attack on things like our hobby armed with verses of the bible. BTW, I think someone should tell Abanes that Tolkien despized allegory in all of its insidious forms.

There is a reason that Christian writing/music/etc seldom becomes blockbuster, the allegory.

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #181 on: March 21, 2006, 11:13:16 PM »
I have always liked alternate histories.... This is my new favorite one.

Fitzpatrick's War (Hardcover)
by Theodore Judson
481 pages
Publisher: Daw Books (August 2004)
Language: English
ISBN: 0756401968

From Amazon:
Book Description
In the twenty-sixth century the world is a very different place. The United States and Canada are gone, replaced by the socially rigid, authoritarian Confederacy of the Yukon. Also gone is the electronic age-destroyed in the apocalyptic Storm Times that devastated the globe and decimated the world's population in the late twenty-first century. It is now, once again, an age of steam, an age of lighter-than-air craft, an age of feudalism and knighthood, and for some, an age of conquest.

Fitzpatrick's War is the intimate memoir of Sir Robert Bruce, a close companion of Fitzpatrick the Younger, the greatest hero of the Yukons. Yukon History paints Fitzpatrick as a latter-day Alexander the Great, and calls Bruce a lying traitor. Was Robert Bruce a degenerate scoundrel...or the only man to tell his world the truth?

From Publishers Weekly
In Judson's spectacular first foray into speculative fiction, the Yukons—members of a puritanical agrarian community that rose to power as the electrical systems of 21st-century society were destroyed in the turbulent Storm Times—dominate the world in the 26th century. Spanning what was once Canada and the U.S., the British Isles and Australia, the semifeudal Yukon empire has a near monopoly on nonelectrical technology. Readers have two windows into this unsettling future: Sir Robert Mayfair Bruce, the book's main narrator and protagonist, and Dr. Professor Roland Modesty Van Buren, the historian who presents and annotates the 50th anniversary edition of Bruce's controversial memoirs. These memoirs detail Bruce's involvement in the brutal Four Points War and his relationship with the man who launched it, Isaac Prophet Fitzpatrick, who has been immortalized as a hero of Yukon society. Judson's use of the twin viewpoints allows him to make points about subjects as diverse as history and heroes, academia and ambition, love and shame. Yet like Heinlein, Asimov and other great writers in the genre, Judson never lets his message get in the way of the story, nor does he lapse into preachiness. This terrific SF debut is sure to be a contender for many awards.

MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
"The road less traveled is less traveled for a reason."
"The world needs dreamers to give it a soul."
"And it needs realists to keep it alive."
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #182 on: March 28, 2006, 12:55:04 AM »
Steven Erikson, the Malazan Books of the Fallen...
Fantastic. Amazing, great, breaks a lot of old tropes.. Very creative, very realistic, very cool, very fun to read. My only criticism is that he is so stingy with certain background and setting details, it's sometimes tough to get a handle on some of the stuff that's happening (especially all the Path of Hands things with Mappo and Icarium, and the things involving Ascendancy and the ancient civilizations and so on; he gets especially obtuse when characters come into contact with warrens and mysterious magic beings).

I've read Gardens of the Moon, Deadhouse Gates (my personal favorite so far), and Memories of Ice... But there are more.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #183 on: March 31, 2006, 03:42:39 PM »
Infidel! Memories of Ice is teh bestest there is! Actually Memories of Ice is statistically the most popular book, followed closely by Deadhouse Gates. My best friend shares your preference ;)

But I am not going to push Erikson on you guys this time.

I am going to tell you about Susanna Clarke and her book "Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norell".

If you have outgrown Harry Potter and Drizzt Do'Urden... If you could stomach a mix between Jane Austen and H.P. Lovecraft, or perhaps C.S. Lewis and Agatha Christie, however weird that may sound, you should really check this book out. As one Amazon reader noted the book is not fantasy, but rather a fantastical real world piece of fiction.

So, what am I saying? Well, if you want sharp swords, busty women and horny barbarians you better search elsewhere, but if you are willing to try something different... Something like Da Vinci Code in fairyland, well then you should read Susanna Clarke. Female fantasy lovers will love this one, provided they are not "dragon addicts".

I give Susanna my full support and give her book 4.5 / 5 flames.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Item Guild Lifeforms Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Hall of Heroes 10
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #184 on: April 01, 2006, 02:29:48 PM »
I've read it, and concur...WONDERFUL book!
Strolenati Guild – Adept-Seeker
Dwarven Guild – Ironball Steelbutter
Level 2
STR: 4 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3
Authentic Strolenite™©®
ex-illuminati Strolenati
Down with elves

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #185 on: April 04, 2006, 03:44:30 PM »
bought Gardens of the Moon, it is in shipping...will comment after reading

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #186 on: April 12, 2006, 12:50:55 AM »
After a number of serious books, I need popcorn for the mind.

I finished the most recent Peter David  New Frontier books
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_New_Frontier

Now I am reading the entire set of Star Trek Titan series. There is only three so far. I have read the first two in a week and a half. I will finish the 3rd one up this week.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_Titan

Next cued up is The two new Sir Apropos of Nothing books (Sir Apropos of Nothing, The Woad to Wuin and Tong Lashing). They are humorous and fun, slightly in the Zanth/ Diskworld mold... but not as silly.  So this is what Peter David has been doing instead of writing New Frontier books?  I may not forgive him. This should take me another two to three weeks.

After this, I dive into the Game of Thrones. I have all three books (and the RPG) and look forward to spending a long time reading these. These are not popcorn for the mind.

More of the 163X saga will be published in paperback by then.  :)  www.163x.org
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 12:53:40 AM by MoonHunter »
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline Caitriona

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #187 on: May 25, 2006, 07:17:53 AM »
The last book I've read was "when Nietzsche wept" by Irvin D. Yalom and I really liked it. I'm very interested in Nietzsche and his philosophies, so I just had to read it.

Now I've started "Dolores" by Stephen King and - what else could I say - I like it. Books I don't like are put away after one chapter maximum. ;)

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #188 on: May 25, 2006, 10:21:30 AM »
Gardens of the Moon
Stephen Erikson

Absolutely awesome book once I got over some of the names, Tattersail? Nothing even remotely nautical and Tattersail? The races are cool and got my mind churning...the black and gold Moranth and the barghasts and the the locations are top notch. The history is deep and the magic borders on over the top but it resonates through the entire book.

There is something that i would like to point out as a fact that I liked, and that was the variety and spirit of the weapons, swords, of the book. There is a chalcedony blade wielded by a liche race swordmaster, otataral, a magic absorbing sword as well as Chance, the only named blade in the book, blessed by the twin gods of Luck.

I cant wait to read Deadhouse Gates and Memories of Ice if they are BETTER than gardens of the moon.

The Crystal Shard
R.A. Salvatore

Nice book. I didnt know what to expect of the genuine drow, Mr. Do'Urden himself. I was plesantly surprised to find that aside from being a billt bad-ass, the Drizzt had a more philosophical side and existed beyond the realm of simply kicking ass and taking names. Not great literature, but it has been done a great disservice by the massive number of poorly and very poorly done Drizzt clones who try to match the look and actions of the drow, but nothing more than that.

Offline manfred

• His Manic Majesty, blesseth by Mathom
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #189 on: May 27, 2006, 02:09:01 PM »
Actually have read a lot of books, just mention something out of the ordinary.

Hartmut Kraft: Taboo (Magic and Social reality)

A Taboo, according to the definition in the book, is an 'imperative of evasion, for violating which can a person be excommunicated from a group'. This is (part of) the reason why people are so afraid of breaking taboos - a basic, existential fear of being left alone to die. Especially in primitive societies, being expelled can be fatal. Actually, this fear can lead to a 'psychological death' (caused without any violence, the person seemingly dying of its own).

Thought: Taboo serves to create and maintain identity. So: taboos are always bound to a context (group/place/time) of where they are valid. With a taboo, a group defines what belongs to it, and especially what does not. (The hint for us is obviously create a few taboos for our societies.)

Besides 'taboo', there is often used another term of polynesian origin - 'mana' (which is strangely entertaining for a roleplayer ;) ), rough translated as 'that which is unusually powerful'. Noted is the relation between the terms, and mana is used as an aid to explaining the effects and and power of taboos. Things which are taboo have high mana. Creating or upholding a taboo confers mana to the respective people; breaking it will lessen their mana. Mana is an aid to revealing the structures of power, be they obvious or not.

Aside: A short story mentions a young tribal chief in Africa, who had little influence among his people (yep, mana again); he banned his folk from using dogs; with little enthusiasm, he was obeyed, but since then his mana has rised up to becoming an undeniable chieftain.

The author, a therapeut, also notes something very interesting: taboos can have also psycho-therapeutic effects. How? In human lives, there often happen bad things, sometimes terrible things, of which we have no control about. However, in a society with manifold taboos, you can easily break one. Putting this together, if something terrible happens to you, you can always assume that a taboo was broken, and the terrible event was the punishment for it - hence, you can assume to have some measure of control about your fate, and your life is not simply a plaything of vast powers beyond your reach. Given the proper atonement and care, you could be even able to evade it next time.
Do not correct me, I know I am wrong.

Offline Rei

• ~Cursed Demi-God~
  • Master
  • "Death to all sinners"
    • My happy gallery xD
    • Awards
« Reply #190 on: June 13, 2006, 09:10:59 AM »
I only read The little prince and some educational books >_<
I guess some of you guys already knows what is this book titled "the little prince"...
so I wont spill some >_<
"Mostly... Mothers have the best mood destroying ability"

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
  • Awards Questor 2012 Society of the Year Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Society of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #191 on: July 06, 2006, 02:40:41 PM »
Currently reading:

The Lance and The Shield: The Life and Times of Sitting Bull
by Robet M. Utley
413 pages

An excellent biography of the American Indian resistance leader, it takes interviews from his nephews and Lakota historians to paint an accurate picture of Sitting Bull.  Not quite a novelization of his life, not quite a historical textbook, it reads easy and immerses the reader.

I only read The little prince and some educational books >_<
I guess some of you guys already knows what is this book titled "the little prince"...
so I wont spill some >_<
If you like The Little Prince, I must also recommend The Alchemist and Siddhartha.  All books of a similar vein.

Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 1
Cartography Guild Minor Minion
STR: 4 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 4

Offline Rei

• ~Cursed Demi-God~
  • Master
  • "Death to all sinners"
    • My happy gallery xD
    • Awards
« Reply #192 on: July 08, 2006, 09:00:02 PM »
I see I see! So where can I find this book? is it being sold on your normal bookstores >_<?
"Mostly... Mothers have the best mood destroying ability"

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #193 on: July 09, 2006, 07:54:32 AM »
Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norell
Susanna Clark

If a story of the restoration of English magic set during the Napoleonic wars, complete with footnotes, some of which cover as many as 4 pages isn't your thing, I cannot recommend this book. However, if a deeply historical work of historical European fantasy with spells often being secondary to being a proper gentleman, than this book is for you.

As a second note, the book is large and sturdy enough to serve as a weapon should the need arise. A very good, if slow read.

:up:

Offline T-Bone

• If there was such thing as an iklsporfin, I would be one of them.
  • Grand Master
  • Im one of those guys you wouldn't call a suck-bot.
    • Awards
« Reply #194 on: July 09, 2006, 03:58:53 PM »
STREAMS OF SILVER
R.A. Salvatore

This book is second in the Icewind Dale trilogy in the Forgotten Realms. I know that most people have already read all of of these books but for those who havn't, if you like fantasy and action you'll like this book.

It is about group of friends ( Drizzt Do'Durden, a dark elf who's shunned upon, Bruenor Battlehammer the dwarf, Wulfgar the barbarian, and Regis the Halfling,) as they search for the lost dwarven Kingdom of Mithral Hall.
"Now that I am older, the only thing I know for certain is that I know nothing for certain." -Artemis Entreri

"New things are like a new pair of underwear. At first it's constricting but then it becomes a part of you."- Garth Algar (played by Dana Carvey)

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
  • Awards Questor 2012 Society of the Year Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Society of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #195 on: July 09, 2006, 11:09:21 PM »
I see I see! So where can I find this book? is it being sold on your normal bookstores >_<?
Should be able to.  The Alchemist is written by Paulo Coelho, and Siddartha is by Herman Hesse.  They might even both be in your local library.

Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 1
Cartography Guild Minor Minion
STR: 4 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 4

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Master Questor Locations Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Lifeforms Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
« Reply #196 on: October 19, 2006, 10:48:14 AM »
Not sure where to start :)

My most recent batch of books from the library (I'm cheap!) include

Stark's Command (sci -fi) - Not bad, but a bit light.  Not that much action and almost feels like a 'filler' episode.
Op-Center  - Mirror Image
Netforce - Hidden Agenda   These books are 'created' by Tom Clancy, but no where near as good as his stuff. Liked  Netforce better then Op-center.

Bourne Ultimatum - Still in progess, this is more like Clancy's work with regards to size and detail.
   Turtledove's Rulers of Darkness - I've decided I'm not a great fan of his stuff.  He takes WW2, replaces nouns   
   like  'Shell' with "egg", "Plane" with 'Dragon', "Rifle" with "Stick" and tank with Behemoth.   Also, the plot tends to be         
   predictable.

Larry Bonds Red Pheonix, Whirlwind and Cauldron - Good war stories, but some of the plots are very contrived.
Curse of the Azure Bonds - Hadn't read it till now.  It's okay, but seems a record of a gaming session.
Sword of Shannara - I thought it was too much a clone of Lord of the rings

My favorite books have to be:

1. Anything by Farley Mowet (Not the least bit fantasy related - A fine Canadian author!)
2. Winston Churchills WW2 series (6 very long books. Have gone through the series 3 times now...)
3. Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit and the Simarilian(sp).
3. Tom Clancy's Fiction - I hope he comes out with something new soon, as the Op-center and Netforce are pale compared to his own stuff.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Andimia

• The last person picked for kickball
  • Lord
  • My hovercraft is full of eels
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
« Reply #197 on: November 09, 2006, 10:55:51 AM »
I just picked up the Rose of the World by Jude Fisher. it's the third book in the Fool's Gold series. (they FINALLY got it in at borders)
the books seem to get thicker and thicker as the series goes on. i've already read sorcery rising and wild magic, the first two books and have been murdurous trying to get the third one.
These are definatly not for children to read, some really graphic descriptions.
the story follows many people in their journey through a drastic change in the world and how each one handles the changes.
the book jumps back and forth between all the character (wich are a lot in the beginning) their paths criss-cross, join together, and split apart throughout the series. not entirely action packed, some parts in the first book get slow but the rest of it has easily kept my attention. the whole burning people alive, stealing souls, kidnapping, stabbing and the such.
there are exerpts of the books here.
Jude Fisher

If a woman can do it better, then by all means let her

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #198 on: November 09, 2006, 11:05:45 AM »
Done: A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 1) by George R.R. Martin

Read quickly between the two: The Athena Factor by W. Michael Gear (Popcorn)

In Process: A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 2) by George R.R. Martin   3/4th the way through

On Deck: A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 3) by George R.R. Martin

Contemplating: A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire)

I really need some mindless drivel.  When is the next Peter Davids book coming out?

MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #199 on: December 14, 2006, 05:16:20 PM »
Just finished: A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 3) by George R.R. Martin

In Process: Darkover Landfall

On Deck: Conquistidors

Contemplating: A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire)

I really need some mindless drivel.  When is the next Peter Davids book coming out?
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
Authentic Strolenite ®©