llamaenterhear

Author Topic: Web comics! What do you like?  (Read 484 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Varglesprast!
  • Awards 2012 Society of the Year Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Society of the Year Golden Creator Questor
    • Awards
Web comics! What do you like?
« on: October 11, 2016, 09:08:42 AM »
My top favorites:

False Positive
A horror anthology comic with an engaging art style and some great twists. There's a lot of Cronenberg-esque body horror with no shortage of violence, but there's also a lot of Twilight Zone style twists and turns. There's also lots of dark humor throughout. It's not updated as frequently as I'd like, but the backlog of episodes is enough to keep you busy.
Rating:   :what: :what: :what: :what: :what::what: :what: :what: :what: :what:

Broodhollow
Another horror comic, this one by Chainsawsuit's Kris Straub. It's set in a distinctly Lovecraftian 1930s Midwest. Kris brings lots of skill to the table: a delightfully cartoonish art style, good comedic chops, and some good creepy horror. Unfortunately, updates have basically stopped, but the first two chapters are a great read.
Rating:   :cthulhu: :cthulhu: :cthulhu: :cthulhu::cthulhu: :cthulhu: :cthulhu: :cthulhu: :cthulhu:

Wondermark
This one's pretty popular, so you may have seen it before, but it's one that I regularly check. David Malki uses a lot of Victorian-era artwork to craft his comic, which is a fun style. This is a "clever" comic, not as heady as xkcd but with some social and political commentary that you don't get until the punchline. It's updated thrice a week, and the 13 year archive has plenty in store.
Rating:  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 2
Cartography Guild Minor Minion
Acolyte of the Divine Synod, Merchant of Divine Wealth
STR: 4 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 4

Offline Aramax

• Master
  • Awards Hall of Heroes
    • Awards
Re: Web comics! What do you like?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 05:51:23 PM »
REAL comic books
Dr Strange,Master of the Occult arts
Doom Patrol.Closest youll come to talking LSD>weird
Fighting for peace is like having sex for virginity

Offline axlerowes

• Strolenati
  • Master
  • Procrastination!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Awards Article Guild Plot Guild Elite Plot Guild Golden Creator Questor NPC Guild
    • Excursions from the Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 07:19:43 PM »
I will check those web comics out D.

Web comics I followed once upon a time:

Order of the Stick....(you know it)

Darth and Droids

Offline axlerowes

• Strolenati
  • Master
  • Procrastination!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Awards Article Guild Plot Guild Elite Plot Guild Golden Creator Questor NPC Guild
    • Excursions from the Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 07:22:26 PM »
But currently I enjoy the wholesome Pre-Nixon Newsprint Goodness of the Public Domain Comic available at

http://comicbookplus.com/?cid=1507

Offline Longspeak

• As Does the Spider, I Weave, Because I Must
  • Strolenati
  • Guardian
  • Illegal to Remove this Tag
  • Awards Article Guild Elite Article Guild Hall of Heroes 5 Golden Creator 2013 NPC of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2016, 12:14:11 PM »
I don't really follow any regularly, but every so often someone still send me a link and I will end up binging on a few months worth of XKCD, or SMBC, or this one I can't remember the name of about a Cat who is CEO of his own business. He wears a suit and walks on two legs.  But he's still a cat.