llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 1352 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Haethar Silverfire

• Journeyman
    • http://elven.redingers.net
    • Awards
Greetings!
« on: January 13, 2004, 11:31:06 AM »
Greetings all. I am Haethar Silverfire. I have come from the Misty Forests in the land of Gaerthonia.

*A handsome elf steps out of the shadows off to your right and bows*

Offline Kassil

• Phantasm of the Millenium
  • Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Item Guild Golden Creator Lifeforms Guild Elite Hall of Heroes 10
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
Greetings!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2004, 07:05:44 PM »
A draconic snout pokes out of the shadows of what usedto be a stable, which has since been converted into a comfortable lair. "Greetings. I do hope you're not the sort of elf who keeps trying to shoot me full of arrows without bothering to find out anything about me." The snout pushes farther forward, revealing a crimson-brown dragon with silvery hioghlights. "At any rate, welcome to the Citadel. Feel free to lay claim to someplace to stay, and join the madness. Doughnut?" The dragon's tail darts out of the stable-lair, a box of doughnuts balanced on the stinger-like spike that tips the tail.
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"
"You just grabbed the sword of the god you were just personally responsible for banishing from the world for the next ten thousand years. You just got zapped by around a billion volts of Angry Divine Power. You're dead."

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Greetings!
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2004, 12:50:11 AM »
He bowed again and laughed.

"No I am not that sort of elf."

He smiled knowingly. When the doughnuts came out, the elf, not truly startled, open the box and took one out.

"Hmm, these I have never tried before. Thank you."

Offline Kassil

• Phantasm of the Millenium
  • Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Item Guild Golden Creator Lifeforms Guild Elite Hall of Heroes 10
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
Greetings!
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2004, 02:29:53 AM »
Kassil looks distinctly relieved at this news. "You're welcome. And I'm glad to hear you're not that sort of elf - I seem to keep running into elves who are of that persuasion... It gets irritating, after a while, really." What can only be a grin, despite the fact that all the teeth clearly belong to a carnivore, flashes across the dragon's muzzle. "By the way, watch out for the moat. I don't know when the moat beasts were fed last."
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"
"You just grabbed the sword of the god you were just personally responsible for banishing from the world for the next ten thousand years. You just got zapped by around a billion volts of Angry Divine Power. You're dead."

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Greetings!
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2004, 02:58:29 PM »
"Funny chaps, dem' moat beasts be."
A penguin, dressed in a floppy wide-brimmed hat with a huge, purple feather plume, a tattered seaman's jacket, rose-lensed goggles, and a wooden toy sword painted gold, approaches.
"They don't like the taste o' gnomes too much, yeah?"
He hands Haethar a frosty mug of foamy, salty, green sailor's grog.
"I would give yeh' a more grand welcome, but, er, Strolen confiscated me barrel o' grog." he says sheepishly.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Greetings!
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2004, 03:12:57 PM »
The elf smiled at Kassil.

"Then I will stay clear of the waters. I thank you."

The elf bowed again.

"Greetings, fair... penguin. And you might be?"

The elf said this as he took the mug graciously.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Greetings!
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2004, 03:27:49 PM »
"I'm Captain Penguin. Duh! See the name?" he says, pointing above his head. Glowing letters appear, spelling out "Captain Penguin".
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Greetings!
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2004, 03:54:31 PM »
The elf laughed and made a swishing motion with his right hand and the magical words evaporated into nothingness. " I was merely testing your patience. And thank you for the name."