llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Spiritbearers: Revival  (Read 16600 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Andimia

• The last person picked for kickball
  • Lord
  • My hovercraft is full of eels
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
Spiritbearers: Revival
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2004, 03:54:14 PM »
Tera turned her head back in the direction of the lightning man, just in time to see him zip off. "d**n!" She cursed at the situation and turned back at Dei. The others were starting to gather around him too. "Should we rest here, or do we move on?" She questioned as she looked up at the others.
Leave him for the animals or the bearer of the lightning god.
pretending like she didn't hear anything she waited for someone to answer, but feeling her pendant grow warmer she scanned the area to see someone standing off in the distence.

If a woman can do it better, then by all means let her

Offline Exit

• Journeyman
    • http://lithiumproductons.com/forums/
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2004, 09:54:50 PM »
OOC: Look at my post earlier on this page.  It's done.  Sorry for the delay.
[size=11]There is only one way out.  Through EXiT.[/size]

Offline Kassil

• Phantasm of the Millenium
  • Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2004, 04:57:55 AM »
Kiel glanced, a silent inner voice - his own, rather than that of the god of Time - prodding him.

What he saw widened his eyes noticably, and without even realizing it his spear found its way into his hand, ready to be cast like a javelin at the half-man, half-fish thing on the hillside.

Ah. Likely he's a poor sap caught in the grasp of Rahab. Just another victim of this mindless war - don't underestimate him, lad. To look like that he must have gained some fair measure of Rahab's powers, and that makes him deadly indeed...

"Right." Kiel muttered, quietly, before shouting up at Lekkme. "Hail, traveller! Are you here to fight, or to travel, at least for a little time, in peace?"
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"
"You just grabbed the sword of the god you were just personally responsible for banishing from the world for the next ten thousand years. You just got zapped by around a billion volts of Angry Divine Power. You're dead."

Offline Alec_Shadowkin

• Minor Count of Creative Endeavors
  • Guardian
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2004, 08:03:06 AM »
"Well, this is turning out to be a nice little party. How many more Bearers can we expect tonight?"

It is part of the powers we have bestowed upon you, Julian. Anyone with an artifact will be drawn to others with artifacts, even if they don't realize it. You will run into many more Bearers before you reach the Temple, I assure you.

"Hmm." Julian sighs. "Well, let's go meet this new, rather fishy comer to our little group and find out where his allegiences lie."
Authentic Strolenite©

- "You're Hells Angels, then? What chapter are you from?"
- REVELATIONS, CHAPTER SIX.

-- Death in conversation with a biker (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2004, 10:37:26 AM »
Lekkme pulled his hood tighter, shading his too-flat nose and too-round eyes.
"Good greet, friend." he called to the man who had addressed him, his voice raspy from years without human speech, and thick as if his throat were filled with mucus.

"Well done, demon. You've revealed us already." Lekkme grated mentally.
"It was my intention all along. The Spiritbearers may be more receptive of your physical differences." Rahab replied.

The fish-man came to the base of the slope and bowed low in an ancient greeting. "I have come seeking directions which you fellows may provide me." he said.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite Item Guild Elite NPC Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2004, 11:21:56 AM »
Ree looked at the newcomer.  She'd never seen anything quite like him before, and she wasn't at all sure she like what she saw.  Half-sighing, she asked a mental question.  "Do you know if he is supposed to be like that?"
I don't believe so.  His appearance is probably from long association with Rahab, god of water.  A most unkind deity.  And one of my old enemies, should you be interested.
"I'll keep it in mind."  She raised her voice to the newcomer.  "Like as not, we're all going to the same place.  Of course, it really depends on the others, but I for one don't care if you join us."
The bracelet warmed another increment, a sensation that Ree was already used to.  She twisted around, scanning the surrounding area.  Was that a faint glow over there by the path?  She wondered if it would be a terribly foolish thing to go check by herself.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Exit

• Journeyman
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2004, 12:06:52 PM »
The amulet around his neck began getting still warmer, not an unpleasant sensation.  Drayen scanned the area around himself carefully.  Nothing unusual moved among the dirt paths, the lightly wooded areas that surrounded him, nor the riverbed that gurgled beside the hill he was resting on.  "So where are they, Ckali?  Plotting an ambush?  Watching me from a hidden place?"  His question was rhetorical, merely the thoughts of a bored individual faced with the unknown.  It was answered.

They are coming.  Be on your guard, spirit.  And do not trust anyone.  Anyone.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2004, 04:55:14 PM »
"So, demon, what would you have me do?" said Lekkme to Rahab.
Rahab's serpent-fish image occupied the Spiritbearer's thoughts. "Bide your time. We shall strike when I see fit." the water-god said.
For a moment, Lekkme's eyes saw the spirit world, and now he saw Rahab's serpentine form overlayed on his own.
He sank to his feet, head pounding, dizzy.
"Why do you do this to me?!" he hissed out loud, clawing his eyes.

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2004, 10:32:44 PM »
Uriel shakes his head faintly - a bearer attacking them so soon... And to make things worse, he did not dispose of him - much as he hated doing so, it was his gods wish, and though Caligo said nothing to him, he could tell he was displeased... He blinks though, shifting his gaze to peer at the newcomer at the top of that hill, and his mouth opens slightly - how odd...

Aah, it seems water now joins the party. careful, this one may be as hostile as that other...

"Yes master," the man uttered - of course, to the others it would seem he is talking to himself, but then, they all had the same voices within their heads. but his eyes widen yet more as his amulet glinted warmth yet again - yet another bearer yet to be seen... this crowd was getting rather uncomfortable for him... All the same, at Lekkme's words, Uriel smiled, and nods his agreeal at Ree's words.
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline Kassil

• Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2004, 05:05:18 AM »
Ignoring the warmth of his ring, Kiel cleared his throat. "You're welcome to travel with us, I suppose - I, for one, don't care if you do or not. Butwhatever we do, we need to do it now, and get going now. I'm having an ill feeling about the near future, and I don't want to be here when whatever it is decides to happen."
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"
"You just grabbed the sword of the god you were just personally responsible for banishing from the world for the next ten thousand years. You just got zapped by around a billion volts of Angry Divine Power. You're dead."

Offline Andimia

• Lord
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2004, 05:09:57 PM »
Tera looks at the newcomer only to feel her amulet grow warmer. "And yet another comes to join the ranks?" she questioned, as she place a hand over her amulet and stood to look for the new arrival. She then turned her attention to finding the dagger that she had thrown earlier, not knowing if it missed or not. It was easy to find in the grass based on the fact that it gave off a warm white glow. "How did it not strike true?" she questioned out loud as she picked up the warm white dagger and studied it. Tera allowed it to dissolve into nothingness in her hand as she walked back over towards the uncontious man.

Offline Kassil

• Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2004, 05:27:06 AM »
OOC: What unconcious man? The lightning-guy escaped, unfortunately, before Kiel could kill him.
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"

Offline Andimia

• Lord
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2004, 09:46:10 AM »
ooc: dei. he blacked out after casting the spell.

Offline Andimia

• Lord
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2004, 09:47:43 AM »
ooc: oops accidently posted it twice

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2004, 03:08:17 PM »
OOC: What?

Offline Araith

• Guardian
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2004, 11:34:37 PM »
OOC:So now it's an ooc thread huh? J/k.

Dei opened his eyes as the leaf at his belt grew warmer. Dei didn't have enough energy to stand, but he grabbed Tera. The words came from Dei in a weak tone, barely audible. " We need to find somewhere to stay for the ni...." Dei went back into the an unconcious state, he hoped that the at least one of the bearers would look out for him, he knew he was out for the rest of the night.
19:43:31 [Shadoweagle] Heya - your not moderator anymore, Araith?

19:43:40 [Araith] Nope

19:43:50 [Araith] I 'accidentaly' Deleted the site.

19:43:56 [Araith] So I got demoted.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2004, 08:40:00 PM »
Lekkme sank heavily to the ground and removed a flint-and-tinder box from a pocket of his robe.
"I have had no use for these for...nary 50 years." said Lekkme, setting them on the ground. "Mayhap someone could start a fire to warm the Wind Bearer there. Or perhaps we could use the Fire Bearer's powers?"

Offline Kassil

• Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2004, 02:52:51 PM »
Kiel snatched up the flint and steel - and then stooped, and bodily heaved the unconcious man over his shoulder. "A fire, yes - but not here. Come. This way. Swiftly now, before something befalls us." And with that, he sets out down the path, each step slightly faster than the last, never quite breaking out of a walk...
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"

Offline Andimia

• Lord
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2004, 04:56:09 PM »
Tera stands up to follow Keil, looking back over her shoulder. The heat that her amulet was giving off began to make her uneasy again as she brushed off  her cloak. "You're right, we're too exposed here." She agreed with a nod as she looked up at Keil. "Maybe the forest would be a better place to rest."

Offline Exit

• Journeyman
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2004, 07:44:57 PM »
Bearer.  They come.

Drayen turned his head to the path, allowing the earthen balls he'd been amusing himself with to melt back into the ground beneath him.  He still saw no movement, only the swish of grass and the rustle of leaves.  The amulet around his neck said otherwise, as it steadily grew warmer.  Drayen sat up, still in his traveler's form.  As a wraith, he could shift into most humanoid forms with little difficulty.

The path stayed empty, void of beings.  But they were coming.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite Item Guild Elite NPC Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2004, 11:38:31 PM »
Ree wandered up the path, slightly ahead of the group.  Should the new Bearer prove hostile, she wanted to be sure she could get a clear shot.  She started singing softly to herself in Theives' Cant.  Things were happening just a tad too fast for her liking, and so she took refuge in something that was still familiar.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Kassil

• Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2004, 03:15:26 PM »
Before he even came into sight of the one waiting up ahead, Kiel called out. "You, up ahead? Are you enemy or are you willing to be peaceful for a time?" The spear remains in the grip not occupied with carrying Dei, as he's got a mild edge of paranoia just now - something bad is going to happen to this area shortly.
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"

Offline Exit

• Journeyman
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2004, 06:04:30 AM »
Cautiously, Drayen stood up, stretching against the trunk of the tree before stepping onto the path.  He'd heard a voice addressing him.

Clothed in a tattered brown cloak, beneath which was an equally travel worn pair of beeches and shirt.  No weapons were visible on his person, but a hunting knife was sheated sideways on the back of his belt.

Drayen fingered the amulet with Ckeli's spirit within it as he walked slowly down the path and crested the hill.  Standing on the top of it looking down, he spied a small group, all bearers.  In the lead was one bearing a spear. As he watched, the voice in his head spoke again.

That one is the chosen of Tieran, the God of Time.

Drayen ignored him for now.  If time was dangerous then so be it.

"Bearers are you?  I am known as Drayen.  And I suppose that I'm peaceful just now.  What about you?"

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2004, 11:13:21 AM »
Ree shrugged.  "As long as you aren't trying to kill me, I won't be forced to kick your ass."  
You are very rash and impolite, child.
"Yeah, well, you knew that when you approached me.  You don't like my attitude, tough."  She looked around.  "D'you think there are any others hiding somewhere about?  This is getting ridiculous."

Offline Alec_Shadowkin

• Minor Count of Creative Endeavors
  • Guardian
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2004, 01:14:21 PM »
Julian pulled his flute out of his belt and blew a quick ascending trill on it. "I agree with that, Ree." If we run into any more Bearers tonight, we're going to be able to call ourselves a mob." So what now, then? Are we all going to rest here for the night, or are we going to move and rest somewhere else? It would be nice if we could get going, regardless of what we're going to do."
Authentic Strolenite©

- "You're Hells Angels, then? What chapter are you from?"
- REVELATIONS, CHAPTER SIX.

-- Death in conversation with a biker (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)