llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Spiritbearers: Revival  (Read 13835 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Spiritbearers: Revival
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2004, 04:27:44 PM »
Lekkme began to speak, but gave a bubbling cough and spat up a lump of mud.
"My...apologies..I have troubles...Bearer of..." he burbled.
"He bears Ckeli, the earth god." informed Rahab.
"...Ckeli." finished Lekkme.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Exit

• Journeyman
    • http://lithiumproductons.com/forums/
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2004, 07:56:03 PM »
The Fire God seems to have picked an awfully impudent bearer.  We'll deal with her later.

Sure, Ckeli.  If you can.

Drayen nodded their welcomes, however cold they seemed to be.  The Water Bearer seemed to have born the weight for more than a few years.

"I don't believe there are anymore bearers nearby.  Why is it becoming ridiculous?"
[size=11]There is only one way out.  Through EXiT.[/size]

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite Item Guild Elite NPC Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2004, 08:01:07 PM »
'Well, all of us ended up together, and there was a spot of unpleasantness a bit ago with someone else, who will probably end up having a very bad day if I have a say in it.  It's just kinda unexpected, y'know."  Ree looked around.  She hadn't been at this very long, but she was getting very put out.  She missed the city around her, and she felt like her life had suddenly become unneccessarily complicated.  Of course, part of it was her own d**n fault, but she was still miffed.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Andimia

• The last person picked for kickball
  • Lord
  • My hovercraft is full of eels
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2004, 12:04:33 PM »
"Maybe we should save introductions untill we find someplace to rest." Tera stated, trying to break the tension.

resting amongst some of these bearers could prove fatal for you.

An angry look swept accross Tera's face as her spirit spoke to her. She ignored it's comment and looked at the newcommer. This journey was already becoming tiring to her, and the amount of unfamiliar faces was making her uncomfortable. Especially the fact that some of these people might try to kill her because she possessed a spirit that she didn't even like.

If a woman can do it better, then by all means let her

Offline Kassil

• Phantasm of the Millenium
  • Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2004, 02:59:00 PM »
"On the contrary - introductions are important. At least that way you can be fairly sure who'll potentially try to murder you in your sleep and who won't." Kiel refrains from admitting that he's likely to try to kill everyone off, at some point. Time is a powerful force, after all, and each step towards the Temple increases his control. When close enough, the power to halt Time would be his...
The Fire Bearer might be reasonable, you know. She doesn't seem very happy with the god that chose her - and the Shadowgod always lies....
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"
"You just grabbed the sword of the god you were just personally responsible for banishing from the world for the next ten thousand years. You just got zapped by around a billion volts of Angry Divine Power. You're dead."

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite Item Guild Elite NPC Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2004, 07:17:32 PM »
I'm not entirely sure you should trust the Bearer of Time, Ree.
"We've had this discussion before.  Quite recently, if memory serves."
True.  Just keep on your gaurd, child.
Ree didn't bother to answer.  She just looked around.  "I don't think any more are coming, at least for the moment."

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2004, 07:51:16 PM »
Lekkme waved a spatulate, webbed hand in the direction of Drayen.
"I have heard that your god was in olden times a patron of mapmakers and explorers...Have you any...abilities which can aid us in finding the..," here he coughed up another mud-globule, "temple?" He then fell into a fit of coughing and vomited a fist-sized mass of mud and a few fish bones.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2004, 07:55:11 PM »
Ree was considerably startled and concerned.  "Are you all right?" she asked of the strange creature.
What are you doing, little one?  Why should you care?
"Hush, Alminor." she said.  She crouched down, looking for a way to help Lekkme.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2004, 07:57:16 PM »
Lekkme tried to articulate, but only a gust of gasping coughs resulted, and more fish bones.
"Rahab..." he gasped, and vomited a watery mud, tinged red with blood. "Trying...Stop..."

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2004, 08:07:26 PM »
Uriel, who had been quietly observing the goings on of this group without word, uttered a shocked gasp as the woman offered her help to the deformed creature. How utterly foolish of the girl! But, he quickly regained his composure, shaking his head. After all, dispite his corruption, he still believed in the virtues that he should uphold, such as helping someone when they need aid. He steps forth almost reluctantly to help the woman aid to the creature, then cringes apon the booming, omnipowerful voice echoing within his mind.

Fool! Dare you aid an enemy of me!?

The voice was so loud, so reeking of power, that he found it was a wonder the others could not hear it. Outwardly, though, nothing changed apart from his features into an uncertain expression, and his feet shuffling as he halts his walking forth. "But he seems wounded..."

Do you not remember the vision! The floods, ravaging the land? This person, as with them all, is far better dead, than alive.

Uriel falters slightly in uncertainty, then lowers his head into a faint nod.
of course, my lord. You are right, as always...
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2004, 08:23:38 PM »
Lekkme gave a ragged gasp and dropped to the ground, breath smashing in and out of his chest and gills like a hammer.
After a while, he snarled up at the sky, as if in defiance to the open air and the sun, and hauled himself to his feet, shivering as if he were standing in an arctic wasteland.
Rahab spoke, his voice full of humor. "Before you ask, it was not my doing which brought this upon you, but perhaps it will convince you to find my temple more quickly, my good servant."
"Do not call me a good servant. You know that my hatred for you runs strong." came the bitter reply.
Lekkme shook his head in a doggish manner, and hack up one last bit of mud.
"My apologies" he rasped in his atrophied voice.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2004, 08:33:28 PM »
"No apologies are neccessary.  Are you going to be all right?"  It was a silly question.  But Ree couldn't help asking.  
I would seriously doubt it, little one.  It appears that he has been bound to Rahab entirely too long.
Ree decided then and there that she didn't much like Rahab.  She also looked sideways at Uriel.  He had started to help, but something had stopped him.  At a guess, his so-called god.  It disturbed her that he would suborn his instincts to help others due to a voice in his head.  Why are you surprised?  It is not so strange that we would want our enemies' bearers dead.  In fact, child, you are the peculiar one in this company.
"Watch it," she said in a low, warning voice.  "I'll not argue over that again."

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: February 10, 2004, 08:36:21 PM »
"It appears," Lekkme said shakily, in an attempt at morbid humor, "That this cup of mortal flesh is not suited for containing such a potent vintage."
He tried to smile, but after so long without so much as a grin, the best he got was a twisted grimace.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: February 10, 2004, 08:52:39 PM »
"Well, since you seem to be joining us, and you look like you could use the rest, how bout we make camp now?  We all need sleep," Ree said.

(OOC: Make camp so we can bring Araith back in)

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: February 10, 2004, 09:15:50 PM »
Lekkme nodded absently.
"I will...Rest in my own way." he said, and sat down heavily, clear membranes rolling over his eyes. "The Water God prevents any true sleep."

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2004, 10:33:25 PM »
(OOC:  Okay.  I'm just gonna say that we make camp, so that we can get on with this.)

Offline Araith

• Guardian
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: February 14, 2004, 09:43:46 AM »
All of the spiritbearers found a small niche somewhere in a small pocket of land between two small hills. A few of them took turns watching over the group through the night. But everyone got a good amount of sleep, even though some of them didn't trust others...they  couldn't deny a good slumber to heal their aches.

Almost everyone was up around dawn...and to their surprise, they found Dei cooking a large buck.
"Morning, I thought I'd fix some breakfast to show my appreciation for not...cutting my throat through my...rest." A smile broadened across his face as he handed out small portions of cooked deer meat. "I got up pretty early..nobody was up...so I went hunting, though next time we rest we should keep a guard through the whole night."

The atmosphere lightened ten-fold, everyone well rested and feasting on the cooked meat. It was a good start to their first day of travel. Dei was completely restored from his attack from the earlier day, and he was just glad to be alive. He also noted the other bearers that joined them while he was under. Though, the more the marrier. Though Dei new that he might eventually have to do battle with the very people he travels with.
19:43:31 [Shadoweagle] Heya - your not moderator anymore, Araith?

19:43:40 [Araith] Nope

19:43:50 [Araith] I 'accidentaly' Deleted the site.

19:43:56 [Araith] So I got demoted.

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: February 14, 2004, 09:59:36 AM »
Uriel ate his fair share of deer meat, remaining overly quiet as the meal ensued, his expression marked with a faint hint of uncertainty. He finished his meal early and whilst the others continued eating, he packed up whatever meagre belongings he had before returning to the group to listen in and await their departure. Few words were said by him - quite a change from the open manner that held him before. Perhaps that sleep was well needed, and what little of it he DID get was indeed a wonderful slumber, but he had spent a good deal of the night awake, watching whichever person was guarding in the night, whilst thinking back on the day before them. The faintest mixture of fear and uncertainty had occured. First, that lightning man... so fast and deadly... And then there was his own god denying him the chance to help Lekkme. The latter frightened him more - what if he had thought wrong about his god... No. NO! He cant have done! Of course - its understandable that his god would want to thwart another god arising, as his god cares for the land, and the others wish to ravage it! Maybe Uriel should have killed that aqua-warped creature as his deity would have wanted.

Uriel would remain completely quiet and withdrawn until someone spoke to him or indicated it was time to move on.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: February 14, 2004, 04:53:08 PM »
Lekkme returned from a small sojourn in the stream, a dripping fish gasping while clutched in his distended grasp.
"I have no taste for warm-blooded meat." he grated, resuming his seat on the stone where he had spent most of the night. With a quick, feral motion, he twisted the fish, producing a sharp cracking noise and making still the aquan's flopping. Then he tore into it with animal gusto.

Offline Andimia

• The last person picked for kickball
  • Lord
  • My hovercraft is full of eels
    • Andimia.Deviantart.com
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: February 15, 2004, 01:52:57 PM »
Tera was happy to have finished her deer meat before Lekkme started tearing into his fish, she could never stand the way fish smelled. Happy to have a good meal, and doing her best to ignore Lekkme's eating habits and his own odor, she went through the few things that she had, making a mental note of everything that she'd need if they ever came upon a town. She paused at the thought of a large amount of people in one place. A smile crept to her face as she proceeded to pack up her gold coins and grabbed a couple extra pieces of meat, she had brought no food. Tera looked around at the people that she had ended up with, knowing that some of them would try to stab her in the back. She suddenly feld homesick and wished that she had never been thrown out of the city. She stood up to stretch, only she had forgotten to tie up her pouch of gold and they spilled all over the ground.
"d**n!" she cursed as she kneeled down to pick them up. While crawling on all fours she unknowingly knocked her sword into the fire. Finally having all of her gold, she closed the pouch tight and tied it at her waist. She then turned to see her precious sword had fallen in the fire. She cursed and flipped it out of the fire with a large stick. The hilt was black and charred, along with most of the scabbard. "This is great." she mumbled to herself as she used the sleeve of her shirt to clean up her sword.

you're not a morning person, huh? Candidus mocked.
"SHUT UP AND LEAVE ME ALONE!" she screamed aloud to her god, as she threw her singed sword off into the grass. Her eyes burned with anger.

If a woman can do it better, then by all means let her

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: February 15, 2004, 05:52:27 PM »
Ree shook her head at the girl, then went back to her own breakfast.  She supposed that the smell of Lekkme's breakfast might put some off, but it didn't bother her so much.  She'd smelled much worse in her life.  She glanced around at them.  She'd stood a watch last night, and had noticed Uriel watching her.  Her opinion of the so-called "gods" was dropping rapidly.  She had observed a lot, and not much of it was comforting.  First of all, she mistrusted, not Uriel, but his patron.  And then there was the small matter that Tera obviously did NOT want to be involved with this.  And then there was Lekkme.  She suspected that the poor creature was in this because he had been given no choice in the matter.
That is the way of things.  Do you really think that those accustomed to ordering, and being worshipped as we once were, would ask?  No, child.  As I said before, you are the anomoly here.
"Hush, Alminor.  As I've stated numerous times, I don't care about all that.  I'm not in the mood to argue about it again."

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: February 15, 2004, 07:34:12 PM »
Uriels gaze focussed soleley onto the water-gods minion for some time, as he studied it ravaging through that fish, and his lips curl into a faint frown. Well... At least his god hadnt turned him into some hideous beast... Well, that did little to strengthen his resolve on that his choice was the good one, but it did help a bit.

Uriel... My intentions are purely for the benefit of this land. Why would I want to turn the place which I will live, into a wasteland?

"Yes, my god. I know..." Uriel mutters this softly, though not inaudibly, and his gaze breaks from Lekkme to the grass before him. Of course, it doesnt occur to him to think that the other gods would live in these lands, too.

Offline Exit

• Journeyman
    • http://lithiumproductons.com/forums/
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: February 19, 2004, 10:51:14 AM »
Drayen awoke with the other bearers and at first did not realize where he was.  Being a wraith, he dropped his traveler's guise in favor of a misty... thing, something closer to his true form.  In another flash, however, he realized where he was and returned to his guise, hoping none of the others had noticed.  It wasn't that he cared if they knew what he was, but he prefered keeping his powers somewhat unknown until he needed them.  Keeping still on his makeshift bed, he watched as the others went about eating and preparing to leave.  Dray did not want, nor did he require sustinance this early in the morning.

Have you been watching carefully?  Most of the bearers seem to be quite unwilling.

Indeed.  I could care less.  Having died once, a second death would surely be preferable to living.  Drayen replied bitterly to Ckeli.  As of now, I will take what I have.

Ha.  That is why I choose you.  For that very attitude.

Drayen ignored this last remark and sat up, glancing around.  Most of the others seemed somewhat ready.

"Shall we be going, then?"
[size=11]There is only one way out.  Through EXiT.[/size]

Offline Kassil

• Phantasm of the Millenium
  • Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: February 19, 2004, 01:24:59 PM »
Quietly, Kiel watched the others go about their morning business, eating his own portion of venison, along with some waybread softened in water from his waterskin - paying careful attention to the ways they seemed to interact with their gods.

Finally, he rose to his feet, and padded through the dew-damped grasses towards Ree. "Excuse me... Ree, I believe? Can I talk with you for a moment?" A glance at the others, indicating that he'd prefer to have the word out of earshot of the others, as their gods might suddenly decide to egg them to assault him in a group - and his god's power was nowhere near enough to withstand that as of yet.
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"
"You just grabbed the sword of the god you were just personally responsible for banishing from the world for the next ten thousand years. You just got zapped by around a billion volts of Angry Divine Power. You're dead."

Offline Alec_Shadowkin

• Minor Count of Creative Endeavors
  • Guardian
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: February 19, 2004, 02:11:21 PM »
Julian watched as the others ate their breakfast. He had a couple chunks of bread and a bite of cheese from his pack, then put it away, knowing they still had a long way to go, and an unknown amount of time before they reached somewhere they could restock. The night before, he and Selene had had a long discussion about the group in general and all the different Gods who were now working together, even if only temporarily. The main point had been that he needed to keep his eyes and ears open and watch out for someone planning a betrayal. He shrugged to himself and started to put his stuff back in his pack. Whenever it happened, he was sure they would be betrayed, but hopefully he'd be prepared...
Authentic Strolenite©

- "You're Hells Angels, then? What chapter are you from?"
- REVELATIONS, CHAPTER SIX.

-- Death in conversation with a biker (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)