llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Dragon Coast  (Read 7869 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Siren no Orakio

• Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards Locations Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Master Questor
    • Awards
Dragon Coast
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2004, 03:12:31 PM »
The concept of discretion being the better part of valor is, unfortunately, lost on the half orc. Besides, he needs a better place to sleep tonight anyway, and the jail's beds always were kind of comfortable. They had that nice, half rotten smell and lots of ticks and lice and stuff to eat for breakfast. So, he picks up a near by chair, and begins to wade his way towards the militia men, clubbing a few drunks to sleep as he passes.

As he reaches the better armed men, he first thrusts with his chair, then raises it in a vast overhead swing at the first militiaman through the door. All the while, he is roaring in deep, meaningless syllables.

Offline Araith

• Guardian
    • Awards
Dragon Coast
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2004, 03:13:02 PM »
The militia formed a horse-shoe shape around the tavern entrance. They didn't allow any of the people coming out of the bar to leave. While the few leaders pushed their way inside, the others forcibly held those who were trying to escape.

The three militia leaders pushed their way through the mob of people to inside the tavern. They approached Tallan and begain questioning him furiously. With rhetorical remarks. After they gave him a barrage of lectures about not condoning actions like these in public places, they began to look about the room.

Araith didn't like them looking around, fearing they might see him. So Araith made the first move. Araith leaped out of the shadows at the largest man, with both scimitars the man leaped aside, dodging the attack but losing his balance and falling in response. The other two men drew their swords to face Araith as he rolled back on his feet, turning to face them as well.
19:43:31 [Shadoweagle] Heya - your not moderator anymore, Araith?

19:43:40 [Araith] Nope

19:43:50 [Araith] I 'accidentaly' Deleted the site.

19:43:56 [Araith] So I got demoted.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Dragon Coast
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2004, 03:18:13 PM »
Chk'tk hissed angrily up into his attacker's face, about a foot above the ratman's head.
"Why will you not let me leave? Go I must! Brats to feed!" he squealed, and snapped his yellow front teeth angrily.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Dragon Coast
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2004, 03:24:55 PM »
The three gypsies made their way towards the edge of the circle, hoping to scamper unnoticed.  When it became clear that it wasn't going to happen, they all three swore.  Then they started acting as if they were just milling around.
"Hey, you three look familiar!"
Derris glanced at Riisha, and she mouthed "Take it."
"Well, we've never been here before, so I guess it just must be a resemblance."
He argued with the soldier.  He was the undisputed king of the fast talk in the family, but he wasn't making any progress.  The arguement attracted the attention of a few other guards.  One looked at them critically, then grabbed Derris's arm and looked closely at his face.  "I recognize you, you're the Cassinos family!  There's a price on your heads."  And he smiled in an unpleasant manner.  
Riisha shrugged.  "Can't be right all the time, now can I?"
Derris also shrugged.  "Nope."  Then he delivered a savage right hook to the man holding him, who let go abruptly.  He drew his two swords, Laren drew his one, and Riisha drew daggars.  "Shall we go to it then?"
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Araith

• Guardian
    • Awards
Dragon Coast
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2004, 04:20:07 PM »
Araith stood there facing the other two men with swords drawn. Araith's black swords seem to grow large as he help it, a simple illusion. But as the man on the floor began to get up, Araith decided he needed to use 'it' now.

Araith backed up a step and cast his black scimitar to the side. The sword seemed to shape-change, getting larger and larger, until it's final form was a large black bobcat. The three militia men jumped back at the snarl it initialy gave out before lunging at the nearest man. Araith went with it, after another man.

The first man tried to bring up his sword to strike the bobcat, but it was too quick. The bobcat was upon him before he knew, and seconds later the man's throat was on the floor. The bobcat ripped it out as he slashed at the man's throat, the man went limp and hit the floor with a loud thud from his armor.

The man Araith dashed at brought his sword up in time to parry, but as the two swords locked together, Araith reached to his back and pulled out a long sword and hit struck home as Araith sweeped it across to the man's neck. It burried deep into his throat. But Araith let it drop with the man's body, as the other man, now having regained his balance, charged at him. The bobcat leaped across the room at him, knocking the man down as he tried wrestling the bobcat off of him.

Offline Tyrion Gaunt

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Dragon Coast
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2004, 05:51:00 PM »
"Crumbs" the lanky bard thought how did I get to this point his mind racing on all that happen this night.The d**n blacksmith nearly smashed the bards head and Dale tried his best to get through crowd but the bard was thrown to and fro as if he was a rag doll finally Dale was thrown on a table next to a large leg of mutton, grabbing the mutton Dale leaped into the fray and started to bash his way to the door wondering where was the crazed blacksmith. Clobbering his way to the door hah I made it!! I will just find another place to perform and.. never finishing his thought the bard yelled in frustration "my lyre by the blessed virgins I forgot my case".With a new determination the bard waddles back into the crowd by this time the crowd was running towards the door and away from the fire pushing Dale into the bar.Dale briefly caught a rat man and a warrior with two scimitars dancing around.Dale doing his best to get off the floor notice a women rolling a few feet from him ,Dale jumped up and was on his way to help the fallen women when a shadow the size of a bear fell upon Dale.Seeing the giant help the women to her feet he began looking around for his case. Dale watched as some huge lommax of a orc kick it across the room towards the fire muttering"agh crumbs" The bard leaped for the case before it slid into the fire Dale seeing the case within reach thinking"got it" he missed the case as it slid past his hands and into the wall.Landing face first the bard rolled over and rubbed his smashed face.Slowly Dale stood up eyeing the lyre case he ran and snatched the case from the flaming wall.Patting it as if it was new born baby.The inn became deathly quiet as the room began to fill with armored men whispering "the militia"Dale open his lyre case,grabbing his throwing knives in one hand,closing and slinging the case around his shoulder with his free hand.The bard stood up and smiled "who dies first?"

O.O.c sorry I fell behind hope it wasn't to long :shock:
Not all good storytellers are good writers,
and not all good writers are good liars,
but all good liars are great storytellers.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Dragon Coast
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2004, 01:39:59 PM »
OOC: Could you edit that to make it more understandable?

The guard scrutinized Chk'tk and laughed.
"Haw! No dice, Hairy-Face! I know you from the little tussle at the bazaar last week! You've not relatives here!"
The ratman shot the ring of militiamen a smoldering stare and then resumed pouting while waiting for a chance to get out.

Offline Tyrion Gaunt

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Dragon Coast
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2004, 03:06:59 PM »
O.O.C:Sorry Cap I will try to do better I hope  I cleaned it up.

Offline Araith

• Guardian
    • Awards
Dragon Coast
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2004, 08:04:22 PM »
The militia guard on the ground rolled around fighting off the bobcat as best he could, after a several seconds he managed to throw the cat off of him. He took the chance quickly and ran outside screaming, "Arrest them all..." But before he could finish his statement, Araith's scimitar found it's way into the man's back. After snatching the scimitar from the man's back he called to the startled group previously in the bar fight. "Fight back, don't let them take you alive!" Though Araith was only trying to get them to fight back to cover for him, he did get a surprising amount of agreeing yells from many of the men there.

The militia delayed no longer, they began moving in on the group.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Dragon Coast
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2004, 08:40:10 PM »
You might have thought the three acrobats.  They jumped and leapt about with the ease that comes with innate skill, and much practice.  They worked together in all things, and a fight with the authorities was no exception.  It was all very disorienting to their opponents.  For example, Riisha would be engaged with one, daggars locked against his sword, and then she'd suddenly dodge away and while Laren took her place, looming over the man before sending him flying, Riisha stabbed another in the back, freeing Derris to turn his swords on someone else.
Quite frankly, they were very much aware of what a spectacle they made a fight, and they were proud of it.  Half the reason for fighting in the way that they did was how impressive it looked.  Of course, it was still effective, and they were making a pretty dent in the numbers of thier opponents.  Riisha heard the elf from the inn call out, and she grinned.  "Hie, Derris, he's as cunning as you!"

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Tyrion Gaunt

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Dragon Coast
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2004, 08:23:09 PM »
Dale stared open mouth at the amazing battle before him. A bob cat tore through the miltia with a vengence followed closlely by the scimitar weilding warrior and to his right a family of three acrobats or what looked like acrobats worked through the militia with a overwhelming strategy.Dale shrugged well let us do are part.The young bard whipped his three throwing knives with his left hand all three finding its mark the opening of a visor the armored man slumps backward .Smiling the bard lets out a slight whistle the throwing blades begin to wiggle from the dead man after a second or so the blades work themselves free and fly back gently into the young bards hand.

Offline Araith

• Guardian
    • Awards
Dragon Coast
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2004, 11:43:06 PM »
Araith grabbed the giant cat's tail as his turned back into a scimitar. After sheathing the two blades, Araith drew his jewled hilt dagger, and moved with the utmost care between the militia, his movements were quick and deadly. As Araith made his way through the militia, so did the trail of dead men behind him. Araith noted the few other good fighters as he paved his way to the edge of the militia line. The three fighters who fought with skills in fighting as much as in tumbling and teamwork. As well as a man skilled with throwing daggers. Araith wanted to flee from the scene, but the next job he had aquired required more than one person to accomplish the task. Araith ran straight for the three companions, as well as the other man and rodent. Araith killed the few men in his way with not but his dagger, weaving deadly waves of movement with it.  Araith was no novice, he was a deadly assassin, who few wished to encounter. As Araith made his way to the other skilled fighters, he simply called out to them..." Follow me!" With that, Araith began his way out of the brawl, making a distinct path for the others to follow.

Offline Tyrion Gaunt

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Dragon Coast
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2004, 08:26:34 PM »
Dale not waiting to see if the others join( but hoping they would  increasing his odds to live) ran after Araith letting loose with his throwing blades when needed then giving the whistle to return to his hands a sudden thought occured to the young bard Why am I following this guy and where by the  blessed virgins is he taking me

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
Dragon Coast
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2004, 08:36:29 PM »
Chk'tk grabbed the guard's hand and bit into it, then dashed away towards the gap made by the dark-skinned man he had attacked earlier.
As ran alongside the dusk-skin, he squeaked and said "No hard feelings, yeah?"
Dropping on all fours he scrambled ahead.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Dragon Coast
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2004, 09:00:40 PM »
"Looks like everyone's getting out of here."  Derris seemed to be cheerfully entangled with a guardsman.  
"You thinkin' we might ought to join them?"  Laren flung a guardsman at one of his cohorts.  
"Why not?  Promises to be amusing."  At that, the three gypsies slowly moved away from the fray, then ran after the others.  Riisha laughed.  "The Dragon Coast is surely never boring, is it?"

Offline Araith

• Guardian
    • Awards
Dragon Coast
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2004, 08:53:00 PM »
Araith made his way down the street, getting quite a few looks from spectators of the recent brawl. He looked back only to see who had come.
Three companions as they seem to be, fighters though they are. A rat...like thing, and a yound man. This will prove to be the biggest group he was in since the bank job I pulled several years back.
After seeing that they were sufficient for what he wanted he began to make his way to an abandoned warehouse on the outskirts of the city. He travelled for the better part of half-an-hour, hoping he wouldn't upset any of his newfound soon-to-be 'partners'. Though it was quite a jog, he held to a mild pace, not really in a great hurry at all.

Offline Tyrion Gaunt

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Dragon Coast
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2004, 09:03:15 PM »
Dale was nearly out of breath running after the dark skinned warrior who lead him thru the alleys and the twisted streets .Dale knew he had no ideal where he was at and felt like puking about ten streets back but he forced himself to keep the pace and not empty his stomach I may not be a warrior but I do have some pride   The young bard sends a silent prayer to the god of luck hoping the running would soon stop.