llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Black Forests  (Read 3179 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Danielle Dragoon

Black Forests
« on: January 10, 2004, 03:28:56 PM »
A distance away from a town about a three miles into a black forest a young girl of about eighteen sits on a rock leaning against a tree. She picks up a small brown sacks lined with deerskin and drinks out of it. She reties it to her skirt and sighs waiting slightly for something to happen.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Black Forests
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2004, 03:45:16 PM »
Out-Of-Character: This doesn't make for a very interesting story, Danielle. Why not come up with some plot?
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Haethar Silverfire

• Journeyman
    • http://elven.redingers.net
    • Awards
Black Forests
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2004, 02:07:42 PM »
OOC: Why can it not stay. We should all just play off of hers...

IC: A handsome elf of about 19 human years walks up to the girl, so silent that not even the leaves under his feet could be heard rustling. He held his bow in his hand with an arrow cocked, waiting to see what the girl would do.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Black Forests
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2004, 08:15:21 PM »
OOC: Great Cthulhu! The aura of boredom here..sapping my...mighty powers! Must escape...to...the Unfortunately Permanent Fortress!
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Kassil

• Phantasm of the Millenium
  • Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
Black Forests
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2004, 09:00:27 PM »
(OOC: Just to stir things along, I'm likely going to keep erratically dropping things in now and then...)

Somewhere behind the elf, the shadows shifted, and a pair of glowing sapphire eyes flared among the dark leaves; a moment later more pairs of eyes, all of them glowing various shades of blue, joined the first. Sniffing sounds drifted faintly on the air, along with a hissing, sibilant streams of sounds that might possibly have been conversation.

As swiftly as they appeared, the eyes vanished, and an unfelt wind seemed to rustle through the branches of the trees towards both the elf and the girl, mixed with an odd, sibiliant hissing sound...
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"
"You just grabbed the sword of the god you were just personally responsible for banishing from the world for the next ten thousand years. You just got zapped by around a billion volts of Angry Divine Power. You're dead."

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Black Forests
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2004, 03:52:00 PM »
The elf turned around as suddenly as the presence of those mysterious beings were felt. He squinted his eyes and followed the presence towards the girl.

Danielle Dragoon

Black Forests
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2004, 07:38:23 PM »
(OOC: Sorry for not entertaining you, I'm new and I don't like starting things off. =/)

She shifts her eyes to the elf and blinks. She gets up and leans against her sword.

"Who might you be?" she asked the elf slightly interested in what he might have to say.

Offline Kassil

• Phantasm of the Millenium
  • Master
  • Infinitely Improbable
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • K's Lair
    • Awards
Black Forests
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2004, 05:35:26 AM »
And from above lunges a black shadow-shape with glowing blue eyes, hissing a bizarre, sibilant noise as it plunges towards the girl; another shape explodes from the tree above the elf, almost identical to the first.
"I grab the sword!"
"Mmkay, you're dead."
"What!?"
"You just grabbed the sword of the god you were just personally responsible for banishing from the world for the next ten thousand years. You just got zapped by around a billion volts of Angry Divine Power. You're dead."

Offline Naymu

• Adept
    • Awards
Black Forests
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2004, 07:56:58 PM »
"Bah, i walk among these d**ned elven wood, where can a dwarf get some piece around here? I haven't seen an alehouse or mountain since..." Suddenly looking at what be before him, the dwarf saw two creatures that had previously attacked him, two this time, he had trouble with mere one, "LITTLE ELF GIRL, ROLL LEFT! NOW!" He begins a running jump to catch the falling creature off guard, and succeeds in knocking one to the ground, "Steel'll not help you now! Now, both of you elves on the other!" The other form had fallen onto the ground, and begun casting a spell aimed towards the young elven man. Noticing the words were familiar from the last that attacked him, the dwarf called out "DO NOT LET HIM FOCUS THAT SPELL! ATTACK HIM!"
I Naymu McBane, shall poison more than the deadly glare of a cockatrice!

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Black Forests
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2004, 01:10:05 PM »
Suddenly, from the elf's hands a blue light crashed into the second dark form and it wriggled in agony as it fell. "Leave it be, young one. Do not touch it either, dwarf. I know these creatures and they can be tricky, and they will not give up easily."

Danielle Dragoon

Black Forests
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2004, 03:59:29 PM »
She jumps up to her feet and looks at the Dwarf. She laid her sword in sheath by her shoulder.

"Dragons I see, haven't seen them for a long time. Steel may not do the trick... But a harder substance may."

She redraws her sword with diamond edges, on creases of that, even a hard substance lines the tip of the diamond. The substance is made of blue with white spiderwebs crossing it. The sword itself is very heavy and five feet in length but using it most of her life she bares quickly with it.

"Dragons aren't invinceble.. But nor do I wish to ever slay one. I lived around dragons most of my life.. And as some as my dear friends I shall no commit to hurting their kind."

She lowers her sword in attempt to perhaps persuade the dragon to leave them in peace. If not she would walk away from the promblem itself.

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Black Forests
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2004, 01:01:15 AM »
The elf shook his head. "This is no dragon, they are a mixed breed, between wyverns and black dragoneers. They know no good, only evil. They know no friends, only foes. This I once read about the so called, Drachlings. Stay your distance." Haethar called up to the heavens and suddenly he was aglow with a blue-white globe around him. The elf inched closer to the drachling and held his staff in two hands and closed his eyes. Suddenly, before the elf, stood an image of another Drachling and the elf spoke to it as if it were an old friend. "Mighty Anthargoranther, I have need of your assistance." To which the Drachling replied. "Yesss, I sensed your need for me. This Drachling will do you no more harm." The tongue of the imaged Drachling was of ancient dialect, but the elf nodded, as if he understood every word. The imaged Drachling turned around and spoke something that was the most ancient tongue spoken, and the two Drachlings suddenly were engulfed in a black sphere. There was a flash of bright black light, and suddenly, they were gone.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • http://roleplay.andromorphia.com/
    • Awards
Black Forests
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2004, 08:34:51 AM »
A dragon flyier named Sabrino, "EEhh you've both got it wrong Dragon's are stupid and vicious creatures.  THey just been romanticized by all the bards, bah." The dragon flier holds a flask of powerfuly smelling liquid and a long steel goad in the other hand.  

"Aye your hlaf right this aint no Dragon probaly some runt wyvern."  The man pulls put a would staff that had a handle at one end and a barrel at the other. A Blaze Stick.  The man tires aiming and blasts it a few times in the face before hitting it in the eye.  "Aye that'll do it." He stumbles drunkenly off on the beaten road back towards a Dragon farm.

Danielle Dragoon

Black Forests
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2004, 03:38:37 PM »
"I see..."

She thrusts her sword back into place and sits down against a tree sighing heavily. Some creatures she had never heard of. No matter, I've fought beasts before and this'll make no great difference. She took her hand to her eyes to sheild from the low sun.

"It's getting dark.. I may be off to find a cave of some kind to rest in for the night. But I'll be sure to keep an eye for intruders."

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Black Forests
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2004, 04:10:35 PM »
The elf laughed at the human, who knew nothing of what Haethar saw before him. "You pity humans.' He turned to the woman and nodded. "I appreciate your help. May you rest peacefully tonight."

Danielle Dragoon

Black Forests
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2004, 05:03:26 PM »
She smirked.

"Not all humans are worth the title of pity. Others are high above that standard."

She then turned around with her bag and walked into the forest towards the moutains.

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Black Forests
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2004, 05:34:44 AM »
The elf laughed and smiled at the human. Haethar turned around and climbed into a tree and sat down at the crease of a branch.