llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: FOR SALE:ONE HORSE  (Read 2063 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Tyrion Gaunt

• Journeyman
    • Awards
FOR SALE:ONE HORSE
« on: January 09, 2004, 04:51:20 PM »
A letter posted on one of the many town halls across the lands read as follows.

We have one old plow horse for sale it goes by the name of "PUDDLES" now you may wonder why we would sell are old horse and why would you buy such a thing,well this horse is immortal.Yes it can not die we have tried to kill the d**n thing yet it comes back and eats up the farm,all it does is eat and eat and eat.It once belong to a crazed wizard known as "No neck Ned" why the wizard made this lazy worthless horse immortal is unknown."Puddles " has worked in circuses and freak shows being burned and shot with arrows but the local lords thought this was cruel and said "Puddles" was never to be harm for entertainment,the local lord bought the immortal horse but soon it ate must of the grain stored for the winter.
The local lord had "Puddles" tied in a large sack and drowned and yet "puddles reappeared later devouring half the countryside.That is when the local lord send for a ranger to take the immortal horse,since " puddles wont let anyone ride it the ranger walk the plow horse as far as he could take it.That is how we came into it,we cannot ride it we can not use it to plow it won't die,we have tried I have taken it out to the deep woods it only returns to eat my poor farm up.......so if you want the joy of a immortal horse or if you have a way to ahem..get rid of it please come to lincolnshire..all help welcome.....Jon "NoLuck" Tumber
Not all good storytellers are good writers,
and not all good writers are good liars,
but all good liars are great storytellers.

Offline Tyrion Gaunt

• Journeyman
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2004, 11:36:06 PM »
A small note scribbled and nailed under the the for sale letter reads as follow
        To sweeten the deal I will throw in two very used but well made shovels for there is a reason we called her "Puddles"....JT
Not all good storytellers are good writers,
and not all good writers are good liars,
but all good liars are great storytellers.

Offline penguin

• Journeyman
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2004, 01:52:56 PM »
"Ewwweee. Why would I even think of buying such a usless thing?" Penguin asks herself.
"Look at me I'm Daniel Boone, I'm a big man,
I'm a big man with a gun! Bang! Bang! Now I'm
Pat Boone Gonna have a Christmas Special."

"My dad always said measure twice cut once."
"My dad always said Cleveland Jr. quit jumping on the bed!"

Offline Ylorea

• Knight
    • http://www.home.zonnet.nl/ylorea
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2004, 10:57:13 AM »
Personaly I think I would like to be paid a nifty sum of money If ever I am going to buy this horse.

Why not make this a "cursed" item by the way?
To me that seems a much more logical place for this posting. After all, it is very annoying to own this horse, but it does not realy seem like a myth or a legend, nor does it seem like the stuff legends are made from.

Yours,

Ylorea

Please feel free to visit Teolin. (Simply press the "www" button)

Offline sniperspy

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2004, 03:02:34 PM »
Well, actually this does seem to be able to be used for a myth or legend easily. Travellers from all over the world can flock to this horse, trying to see if they can "dispose" of it for a hefty sum of money as the prize.

Perhaps the reason this horse was made immortal was that so, as long as the wizzard still lived, the horse could not die. In order to destroy this animal, and stopp its incessant grazing of public farms, the wizzard himself must be disposed of.

Perhaps this can be used when a group is walking through a town that, while everything seems perfect, the people are all so skinny they seem barely able to move. The reason of course being the horse that eats all of their food!
Bow down to the almighty ruler of your pitiful existance!

Offline Celeris

• Nomad
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2004, 08:10:43 AM »
Good luck there JT..I think she had a colt..I think I own it..the only hope is while it has it's dam's ungovernable appetite, it did not inherit her 'longevity'. Have been exiled with it from my land..<sigh> now it's a waiting game..I will have to outlive it, cause I can't sell him either.

Online Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2004, 11:02:09 PM »
The immortal horse that just pops back up alive again? Cool, endless supply of horse meat and hide.

Actually reminds me of a local event. An area farmer had a wild pony on his property and decided to have the animal put down because it was quite old, and seemed in bad shape.

The veterinarian administered a first, and a second dose of euthanasia solution, twice what was needed to kill the animal. It broke away from them and ran away. They expected it to die somewhere in the wild, food for the coyotes.

It returned six months later.

The farmer decided to take matters into his own hands and tried shooting the pony in the head. True to form, it ran away with a bleeding head wound. Several months later it returned, the head wound scarred, but healed.

The farmer tried to kill the pony with an ax, and once again the pony ran away, having gained another bloody head injury.

When the pony returned, the head injury was infected, swarming with maggots. The farmer for some reason remembered compassion and had the vet come out again. The wound was treated, and the pony has since lived there, no longer threatened by the farmer.

As far as I know, the pony is still alive.

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2004, 11:23:58 PM »
Awesome! An invincible horse!