llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Nightmares and Shadows  (Read 6194 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Naymu

• Adept
    • Awards
Nightmares and Shadows
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2004, 05:08:58 PM »
"Indeed there must be! but we seem to be surrounded by all sides!" the dwarf says and mutters to himself," This must be a dream!"
I Naymu McBane, shall poison more than the deadly glare of a cockatrice!

Offline Naymu

• Adept
    • Awards
Nightmares and Shadows
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2004, 09:26:23 PM »
"Listen, how many archer can you hold off? Or how great can you see, we have bowman to the left, and creatures charging, the lady and i will kill this creatures, I want you to take care of the d**ned bowman alright?" the dwarf curses at the woods and stands next to the lady attacking the creatures with fist and unarmed attacks. Again he says to himself 'I must be dreaming, but im not willing to risk my life on it, master i need you now, bring strength and accuracy to every shot as you have taught me'

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Nightmares and Shadows
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2004, 12:03:49 AM »
Durith pushes back, shifting a foot to nudge the child harshly as those arrows spear forth, to knock him away. His gaze already studies the course of those arrows bieng shot, however, and he judges a rough trajectory as to where the bowman would be. Without bothering even to listen to Naymu's words, Durith turns direction to face left and reaches a hand down to his hip-quiver, grasping the end of a finely-fletched arrow and drawing it out. The smooth, polished wood comes to a small, metallic tip of this arrow, obviously of highest quality and designed to be dangerous and accurate. He draws this arrow back apon his bow and fires it off into the darkness, exactly where he would percieve where the archers head would be. Without even awaiting for a scream or howl which would register he hit, he instantly turns back to the large group, reaching a hand over his head once again to his poorer quality arrows - designed for lesser enemies, and begins continuing the volley to those jackal creatures once more.
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline Naymu

• Adept
    • Awards
Nightmares and Shadows
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2004, 05:12:02 PM »
As he snatches these arrows he begins handing them to the archer, who had just seem to wasted a shot, with the next coming of arrows, "don't fire these, unless you run out, we will need them to find out what we are against lad"

Offline Tyrion Gaunt

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Nightmares and Shadows
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2004, 06:33:20 PM »
The last wave of jackel-demons hit the small party with a deep blood lust and hatred swords,arrows and martial arts repel the onslaught blood and body parts have soaked the ground in a crimsom red.When the last fiend fell the twisted wood became a tomb of silence just the  "plops" of blood falling off the party can be heard. A scream of horror is echoed through the grey woods" YOU KILLED MY CHILDREN, I WILL KILL YOU I WILL EAT YOUR SPLEEN!!!" A huge man standing nearly eight feet with four arms burst through the shadows. The mad woodsman face seems distorted in rage his bald head revealing numerous scars his beard a tangle of bush and thorns, but more importantly in one set of arm(the upper set) is a long bow nearly nine feet long and in the lower set is a axe and pitch fork like dagger."FACE ME, FACE ME AND DIE!!" The mad woods man limps towards the party with blood pouring out of his left knee where a arrow is prutruding from.  "YOU CANNOT KILL ME" with every step he takes towards the party his rage seems to increase tenfold.
Not all good storytellers are good writers,
and not all good writers are good liars,
but all good liars are great storytellers.

Offline Naymu

• Adept
    • Awards
Nightmares and Shadows
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2004, 06:39:05 PM »
"Listen now heathen! Stand back, I do not wish to slay you! I give you this chance now, stand now or by the gods will, you will have a shocking death!" He turns toward the crazed man, prepares to leap, and you see his finger and thumb moving together, sparks coming from each rubs, almost looks as if he is doing this as a scare tactic.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Nightmares and Shadows
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2004, 06:41:56 PM »
Demetria looked up at the fellow, her dissimilar eyes narrowing.  "Well, y'know, it wouldn't have happened, if they hadn't been trying to tear us apart and stuff."  She held up both swords.  Do you really want us to carve you up?"
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
Nightmares and Shadows
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2004, 07:26:52 PM »
Durith takes those black arrows gratefully from the dwarf, placing them with his high quality ones in his hip quiver. But apon the arrival of this gigantic woodsman, he shifts his hand back down, pausing over his quiver... well, his arrows may not hurt him, but no doubt one of the woodsmans own large, black ones will cause harm. Thusly, he draws one out and notches it in his string, not moving to shoot it yet, just awaiting until the large man is closer. Not a word is said by Durith - let the others speak.

Offline Naymu

• Adept
    • Awards
Nightmares and Shadows
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2004, 08:04:50 PM »
"boy, stay a safe range from this man, ok? I want you to hide, and do it quick, be smart boy," naymu says as he looks around for a good spot to place the young boy.

Offline Tyrion Gaunt

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Nightmares and Shadows
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2004, 08:36:56 PM »
O.O.C: sorry Naymu forgot to answer you question last post Ruhhan is elven.

Ruhhan looks at the dwarf nods and crawls behind one of the twisted trees staying out of sight.The mad woodsman laughs "IF YOU HAVE SOME FRIENDS YOU BETTER RUN AND FETCH THEM FOR I AM GOING TO CRUSH YER BONES INTO DUST" laughing madly he notch's a arrow draws a bead on Demetria "YOU SHALL DIE FIRST YOU HELLISH WOMEN!!"

Ruhhan stares at some of the body parts and blood slowly sinking into the ground then at the trees where the strange leafs begin to grow.

Offline Naymu

• Adept
    • Awards
Nightmares and Shadows
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2004, 08:40:49 PM »
"IF YOU THINK THAT ARROWS WILL PASS ME, THINK AGAIN!" Naymu steps partially in front of Demetria and lightning empowers his fist, sparking furiously, and waiting, becoming more powerful to the second.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite Item Guild
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Nightmares and Shadows
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2004, 09:06:39 PM »
"Appreciate it, but he doesn't know what he's dealing with," Demetria said calmly.  She carefully ducked around the dwarf.  "Let it come, then."
The arrow sped through the air, right at Demetria... and was neatly deflected with a sword swing.  It struck a tree with a loud THWOCK.  She grinned.  "Enough people shoot at you often enough, you get kinda good at that."

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Naymu

• Adept
    • Awards
Nightmares and Shadows
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2004, 09:14:30 PM »
"I know the feeling lassy, but it is one thing i trained with for years, a skill to deflect and catch moving arrows and bolts, just watch yourself m'lady" Naymu leaps into the air, up nearly 40 ft. he moved through the air as he did land, it seemed that he had perfect air maneuverability...he came back down with a scream, looking as if he would boot the giant directly to the temple of his head, and empowered with a surge of lightning.

Offline Tyrion Gaunt

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Nightmares and Shadows
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2004, 09:08:55 PM »
The mad woodsman staring at the deflected arrows with shock began cursing and charges the party dropping his bow and reaching to his sheath the mad woodsman pulls another pitch-fork dagger( giving him two pitch-fork daggers and a small hand-axe).The mad woodsman swings his axe at the dwarf and slices with both daggers at Demetria's chest "NOW YOU DIE"

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
    • Awards
Nightmares and Shadows
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2004, 11:44:37 PM »
Durith gives a faint sigh - fortunately he was behind the dwarf and swordswoman, so the woodsman couldnt get to him without going through them, and therefore, As the foe swings both hands out in different directions - thusly leaving a wide opening at his chest - the archer draws back and releases in one fluid movement, that blackened arrow streaking towards the mans chest with deadly accuracy. As that arrow flies, though, Durith grasps another from his back quiver and notches it on his string, aiming it upwards but leaving it against the string, not shooting yet.

Offline Naymu

• Adept
    • Awards
Nightmares and Shadows
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2004, 10:01:06 PM »
Naymu ducks from the attack, grabbing ahold of the madman's arm and releases all the built up energy, light streaking from his hand's to the madman's arm. "Strike first strike last as i like to say,"

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Nightmares and Shadows
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2004, 10:05:34 PM »
Demetria twisted out of the way, the pitchforks just barely missing her.  One snagged on her blouse, and it ripped.  She looked down.  "Okay, now, you've gone and made me mad."  She rushed at him, swords flashing.  She slashed at him, and felt one cut deep, probably to the bone.

Offline Tyrion Gaunt

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Nightmares and Shadows
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2004, 03:39:28 PM »
As the mad woodman charged the party in blind rage and looking to finish the fight quickly staggered suddenly when the black arrow shot from Duriths bow found the woodsman chest.The woodsman glares at the arrow prutruding from his chest.At the same time the dwarven monk ducked under the blow from the axe grabbed the crazed woodsman and unleashed energy into the woodsmans arm as the woodsman screamed in pain and his upper left arm burns until it is blacken and withered.Only because of the berserk state of mind could the woodsman try to slice Demtria but for all his effort the woodsman only manage to rip her blouse.Demetria flashing her swords faster then the naked eye could follow let loose with downward slash that nearly cut the mad woodsman arm off.With the tremendis blow crippling the woodsman arm Demetria was blown back by the energy that was rippling thru the woodsman.

Slowly the woodsman fell to his knees his face still contorted in rage.
Ruhhan looked around the tree where he was hiding when the screaming and sound of battle stopped.Glancing around once again Ruhhan notice that the blood and flesh laying in a pile around the party begin to be absorbed into the ground.

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
Nightmares and Shadows
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2004, 11:54:12 PM »
Demetria stepped back, swords still ready.  "Well, that was fun.  Any other nasties we should be aware of?"  She addressed the question to the boy.  "Tell me, little one, how do you know of such things as this place?"

Offline Naymu

• Adept
    • Awards
Nightmares and Shadows
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2004, 02:14:33 PM »
"We make a great team, but this is quite strange, I would like to know more about where in blazes i've awaken. Just a seemingly dark presence about this place. I dun't like it. My name is Naymu, now tell me what the blaze is going on." Naymu looked around the woods as he spoke, checking for even the slightest of movement, had a breeze moved a single wave of grass, his attention would immediately center it.