Update: 1. A tarnished silver coin bearing a kings likeness unknown to virtually all, and on the reverse is a map which leads to _some_location_.
2. Tattoo'd on the back of a non-dead cultist is a map to/formula for/enchantment
3. Appearing as random scratches and dings, these are actually camouflaged dwarfish runes for a means to work mithral.
4. Buried within the herbalist's notes, can be found the location of A Sylvan Incubus Tree. The text and other notes indicate that the herbalist may have made use of this knowledge for more then an academic purpose. It would seem to be a good place to eliminate a rival... Go to Comment
I think it would be interesting for Dwarven heraldry to be just as 'colorful' as human and elfin heraldry, but in a totally different way. Dwarves traditionally 'see' fine in the dark and are also typically granted infravision or some other low level sight. Well, rather than using pigments and dyes for their shields and devices, what if they used different metals, alloys or stone inlays? To something that lives underground and would have a greater visual depth for stone and metals this would be obvious to them. A human or elf looking at dwarven work would likely miss a great deal of it as their experience with the material is limited, and in the case of humans, are simply not able to see on that wavelength.
Thus, a steel shield might have several iron inlays. To us, its a piece of metal on a shield,big deal. To a dwarf, the difference between iron and steel,even at hundreds of feet could be the difference between Black and White. This could be more pronounced when stone inlays are used, a diagonal strip of granite on a steel background will look completely different from that same strip of granite on iron, or jasper on steel. Go to Comment
1. Mineral oils? What are those? That sounds interesting. 2. like the tunnel maze and love the plot-hook!
3. love the name Knadric Yaar, but the maze could use some oomph. 4. great visual on the horizon
5. hmmm, its ok
6. A massive, Gothic (gargoyles) dwarven bridge is a pretty cool idea. Plot-hook: Bridge over the river Kwai!! 7. again, great visual
Ok, I LOVE!! the concept of the Seven Wonders of the Dwarven World. Wish I thought of it first! But this could really use a once-over on spelling, punct, line breaks, etc and maybe a few more inspiring bits on each.
I really like this idea and all the ideas, you didn't quite paint us visuals of anything. You would expect, maybe even demand some more descriptive entries from a list of wonders. But I am sucker for enigma gods and dwarves. Go to Comment