A nice beginning, although I would have preferred to see some details surrounding how the chair came to be either possessed, or enchanted with the truth power.
The sub also leaves me with a lot of questions. How did this carpenter imbue the chair with such magic without his knowledge? (Or did someone else enchant it?) Why does it always tell the worst crimes a person has committed?
What is the reason for its intolerance of innocents? (It leads me to assume it's a malicious force rather then a pure truth teller?)
Can the chair only lie when innocents set upon it? Or can it mix truth and lies as it wishes to further discredit whomever sits within it?
Lastly does the chair have any sort of magical resistance to damage? (Like Mystic said, one would expect an angry sitter would have taken an ax to it well before this, or doused it in lamp oil and a torch.)
I hope to see this fleshed out more in the future, it;s got a great beginning and is a somewhat unique artifact, it just needs more back story and details to feel "complete"
This would be excellent to spring on the players in a situation where they are trying to con someone, although I don't think it would take long before the chair either ended up as firewood or was appropriated by a magistrate for use in the courtroom.
What about a malicious spirit capable of possessing any chair it wishes? That could make for some tense moments as it makes its rounds at, say, a meeting between ambassadors negotiating a peace treaty.
55-You can only sleep in daylight from now on
56-You get an evil aura around you that makes people treat you badly.
57-You get a stupid sounding voice
58-You get an urge to swear at law enforcement.
59-The more you eat, the more hungry you get, risking your life if it lasts long enough.
60-You can't speak, you can only sing when you want to say something.
66. You cannot cook without a catastrophic failure.
67. Squirrels attack you on sight.
68. Your right hand swells to two times normal size, permanently.
69. Passing vehicles always splash you in wet weather.
70. Those you find repulsive find you absolutely beautiful.
71. Magic proclaims that you do not exist.
72. You can no longer hear music. (Quite possibly the most horrible curse that could exist on this list.)
73. Your body does not form calluses.
75. Lightning strikes dwellings you sleep in.
Go to Comment
76. Sources of illumination giggle madly in your presence.