This is an exquisite item, and a very original weapon. However, I feel that the item itself could use a little more description, and the backstory as written is really confusing. Who is Gen? Who is the lady that Devorak falls in love with during exile? And what did Hestor mean to him anyway? The dialog is good, but there is just not enough context given to allow comprehension of the major events. I love this item, but will withold my vote for awhile to give you the chance to clear up or remove the backstory.
· Lord Westershroud and his mistress have suddenly been found poisoned. The players must first cover up the circumstances of his death, and then discover who poisoned them and why.
· Nothing lasts forever, the Forget Me Not has become broken during a gremlin infestation and widow Westershroud insists she wear “the last anniversary gift her husband would ever give her.” The players must find a craftsman skilled enough to repair the Forget Me Not before the funeral of Lord Westershroud. Being such an old and delicate item of such rare quality the smith might need additional help procuring tools and materials.
· A young dwarf wishes to obtain the Forget Me Not for study that he can use some of its design for his own Masterwork.
· Having heard the tale of redemption, Devorak’s clan wishes to have him interred in the clan mausoleum with proper honors. However, before he can be declared a Master Craftsman and buried as such his Masterwork must be found, examined, and approved by a council of elder dwarven craftsmen. It cannot be presented broken.
· The last vial of a rare poison has been stored within the Forget Me Not. It is the only way to defeat the rampaging Woargarble. The players must find and obtain the Forget Me Not, and perhaps even learn how to use it against the fearsome foe.
Very clever weapon. I love how unique it is. The writing really does bring a cool flair to the item, but (like mentioned before) it's a little difficult to follow. How did such a wondrous item end up in a common marketplace? What became of Devorak and what did he do with the Forget-Me-Not once it was finished? It's a really intriguing item, and I can't help but want more info.
This is the first part of Silverfox Mill, the portion regarding plots and events is Part II and can be found under the Plots section of the citadel.
Silverfox Mill is part of the Etzem Campaign and as such is unfinished, lacking links and context for a number of things. Statistics are given with the pathfinder system in mind.
Go to Comment
Some ideas have been taken from Tales of Terror and others have been taken from Strolen submissions. If you wish to link or receive credit simply comment below and I will create a link compilation at the end of this submission.