31. With a scroll containing the giant growth spell you have giant beast more then the equal of a small band of brigands.
32. Keeping unruly prisoners under control won't be a problem any longer. (Interrogations will be much easier as well with a hungry croc at hand.)
33. Haggling with shopkeepers will be easier then ever before!
34. You can impress anyone in town by "wrestling" the croc into submission.
35. If properly trained, a mini catapult can turn your pet into a deadly airborne projectile!
36. "My Croc ate it." The perfect excuse for forgetting to bring along any item on a quest. (Also good for explaining what happened to that small pouch of gems, or magic ring you'd just as soon keep for yourself.)
Go to Comment
37. Makes purse cutting in a crowd tons easier. (People are far more likely to watch the croc in their midst then their coin purse and your hands.)
38. Can easily bust open any small locked treasure chests you come across.
39. Room service at any inn is guaranteed to knock before entering your room.
40. A perfect guardian for night watch that will easily blend in with the fallen logs in the forest near your camp. (Or anywhere else with a little paint/dye and some skill)
41. Cuts down on ration wasting. (Any rancid and rotten meats your party owns can be fed to the croc rather then thrown away.)
42. If you're a gal, a croc at your side is guaranteed to keep anyone from feeling you up in a crowded market.
43. Anyone who owes you money is sure to pay up after the first visit.
44. Every adventurer will want to buy you a drink and maybe even dinner to hear the tale behind how you acquired such a rare pet.
45. Bards will want to compose songs about such a legendary warrior and their croc pet!
46. Worrying about muggers while staggering back to the inn blind drunk is no longer a concern!
47. Add a makeshift bearskin rug over the top of your croc and you have a crazed beast of legend sure to frighten dim witted barbarian and goblin tribes!
48. With a little ventriloquism you have a reliable witness/interrogator no ones going to second guess.
49. Assuming the croc's female and has mated you have priceless baby crocs to sell. Who wouldn't be willing to pay a fortune for a croc pet of their own?
50. If possessing fewer scruples then the average person you can also regularly sell ostrich or other monster eggs for a hefty profit, claiming they're the fertile eggs of your croc. (And when they never hatch, well gee, that's too bad, must be the new owner didn't care for the egg properly, not your fault, too late now!)
67. It's a ready made (if rough) canvas for your artwork, paint on some ancent war cries in orcish and stick figures and you have some "fracking voodoo magic mon" sure to terrify the ignorant enemies.
68. Collect the droppings and sell them as fertilizer to the farmers.
69. Or dry them for fire wood!
70. Those little birds that love to pick the bits of flesh out of the crocs mouth (Egyptian plover) can be tasty in a stew.
71. The bird feathers can be nice for blow guns or small arrows too.
72. Evasion: Rub up against the crocidle and you'll have a musky scent to keep those blood hounds off your trail.