COOL! After dungeons, markets are the places that players spend most of their time, so its always good to have another flavorful place to buy and sell, especially one with as much story potential as this one. Go to Comment
(Not bad, but please do a spellcheck on this. There are quite a few typos that pull it down. You may also put spaces after the commas, looks better and is more readable. Withdraw vote and comment until then.) Go to Comment
Well, not bad. But I think it is one of the items that are not that useful in the hands of PCs, than being legends or campaign fodder.
- Anyone of status from the kingdom would be willing to pay a fortune for it. Or not pay and take.
- Sages would like to research the legends bound to the sword.
- With the pressure on the pagans in South still present, some of their wise men may elect to unveil the secret of the blade... doing it openly, or in a less direct way; if proven, the truth could be devastating for the whole country.
- There are ugly rumours starting about king Goran being a heretic, and have to disproved for the betterment of the country. (Add an old painting of the king with the sword, the mentioned pagan symbol slightly visible.)
- Even if the sword is found again, it is cursed. Go send those heroes on a quest to break the foul curse! The solution is simple, as impossible for true believers: make peace with that pagan religion.
Now, I do like the legend, but having the astounding power at disposal would be too much... what if the sword was only a one-shot item? So even with the curse removed, it will never achieve its power again... Go to Comment
Very nice backstory, and whoever voted one is too much a coward to show thier face.
I am only giving this a four. It is a trap. No, really. It's a trap. Its a big honking sword with great expectations attached to it's legend, but there is no reason beyond reputation anyone would want to possess this blade.
Perhaps a little to powerful, in the negative sense, as there's no way the character can be playable when their courage is dead.
Good item with a rich and detail dialog of it's origins and the origins of it's powers. Good read, good post, good work. Go to Comment