Bog Serpent Venom
Extracted from the vicious Bog serpent, this venom has a milky green color and a runny consistency. While rarely lethal, this venom has found it's way into the almanacs of apothecaries and poisoners across the land. In small amounts and mixed with the proper distillation of herbs, the venom is converted into a muscle relaxer and pain inhibitor. Purified venom causes loss of control over muscles, as well as incontinence and vomiting. While not effective for killing political rivals, a devastating toxin to use on baited blades, so much more to humiliate the defeated before their death. Go to Comment
This is a simple, but rather cruel poison. When the full dose is administered, the sensitivity of all nerves and senses is heightened and continues to increase in sensitivity over time. Eventually even the sound of one's heart will seem deafening, the taking of a breath excruciating, and the light of a single candle blinding.
In the end, the victim will be reduced to silent, quivering wreck who will beg for death, should they manage to speak at all. Perhaps fate will step in and still their suffering heart.
Fortunately, the crafting of this toxin is difficult, expensive, and requires exotic components. The antidote is also similarly difficult to craft. Go to Comment
This toxin, derived from the fairly common medicinal herb Jacobs Root, has a very subtle but possibly devastating effect. It severely impacts night-vision (not thermal or similar exotic vision types), essentially blinding most creatures after nightfall. Duration of the blindness is proportional to dosage. Even full moonlight is still terribly dark to the victim, and in anything less bright, it is pitch black.
The toxin has a faint, carrot-like flavor and is slightly bitter.
There are rumors that a preparation with permanent effects can be brewed, but requires much tedious effort and additional rare components. It is an effective means to destroy many criminal's livelihoods. Go to Comment
This one's a real world poison (at least in the USA) that is believed to be behind many of the cases of mild food poisoning. The ice inside many fast food restaurants soda machines has been found to contain more ecol i bacteria than the toilet bowl water in the same establishment.
In it's standard form the ice crystals look transparent with small chunks, the bacteria within being virtually orderless and flavorless, with the sickness onsetting 1-8 hours after consumption.
In small doses a beverage chilled by this ice can cause stomach cramps and mild nausea followed by loose stools and gaseous bloating.
In more severe concentrations the effects can be vomiting, dizziness, and explosive diarrhea Go to Comment
Okay, this one is really too short to be "let out". Why don't you edit this and put it into your work space (edit the submission, scroll down to submission options.. then pull down and select "In work - Advice". Then you can hit us up for help and advice, as well as work on it in public. Go to Comment
People argue about the true form of the beasts known as "Bloodtouches", since they seem to take dozens of forms. Unfortunately, their bite's effect isn't in doubt. Anyone bitten by the bright crimson beasts rapidly loses all hair; their skin color shifts to bloody red. Many people fear those under this curse; villages of blood-skinned outcasts huddle in the wilds.