21. Mysterious voices begin commenting on proceedings like baseball commentators. Lasts 2d6 hours.
22. User's (roll 1d4) 1-sex, 2-sexual orientation, 3-handedness, 4-accent changes.
23. User's eyes flash like strobe lights, blinding people. Makes whale noises. Smoke pours from mouth.
24. The gods stop whatever is happening and demand a dance-off. Winner gets a wish.
25. For the next minute, all arrows/missiles fired will land in the same place as the last arrow fired.
26. User turns into an extra head on the shoulder of the nearest creature with shoulders.
27. User gains the ability to shoot snakes from their fingertips. Cannot reuse until fingernails regrow.
28. User grows a pogostick tail. Lets them jump very high, but they become hyperactive and annoying.
29. Zombie apocalypse blankets the earth. All zombies obey User, and bow to him/her.
30. Rod gets bigger and bigger, increasingly translucent and vaporous until it everywhere and everything. Go to Comment
41. Fireflies. Billions of them. They appear in the air and gradually disperse.
42. Everyone within 100' inflicted with pirate accents for 10 minutes.
43. Everything and everyone within 100' becomes soft and rubbery for 10 minutes.
44. Everything not wet within 100' becomes perfectly sticky for 10 minutes. Standing = immobilized, usually.
45. Everyone within 100' starts lactating delicious milk. Even lizards and humanoid statues.
46. Owner grows giant butterfly wings. Can fly as long as sunlight is hitting the wings.
47. Everyone within 100' turn into wolves. Their gear drops to the ground. Mind unchanged.
48. (50%) the owner or (50%) the target permanently double in size.
49. The moon awakens into sentience and grows a giant face. Equal chance of being good/neutral/evil.
50. The stick vibrates, and then turns into two (non-magical) sticks. Then those sticks turn into 4 sticks. Then 8. After a billion sticks have been generated in this way, the entire pile disappears with a loud "WHOP!" Go to Comment
51. All inanimate objects within 100' awaken into sentience, comment on proceedings. Lasts 10 minutes.
52. Everyone can only speak in monosyllabic words. Failure to do so = hiccups.
53. Everyone's hair turns glowing golden-white, and they gain the ability to fly for 10 minutes.
54. All injuries within 10 miles are healed.
55. Nirvana. Nearest enemy becomes omnipotent, all-benevolent, and leaves to observe from the heavens.
56. User or target becomes a sparkly vampire.
57. User gets +1 to any action as long as they describe the action with a rhyming couplet. Permanent.
58. User or target becomes permanently drunk. Can only sober up by drinking alcohol.
59. Clones of the user begin emerging from beneath the tallest mountain. Establish independent nation.
60. Stick turns into a random (non-magical) monster. Loses stick powers. Either attacks or runs away (50% each). Go to Comment
Probably deserving of the "silly" freetext, but this is awesome! I now have someplace to put all those trivial, silly and strange magical effects that don't fit anywhere else. I especially liked the format (groups of 10 powers at a time), with the clear breakdown of how minor/major each should be. My favorites are 20 and 24. Go to Comment
While the stick itself is a nice curious object, all of those effects either A) Destroy your Campaign, or B) Turn it into a Monthy Python montage. But hey, if that's what you're after, then this is the stick for you! Go to Comment
Ooh, I like it. Definitely an interesting poison, and one which I could definitely see seeing some use in a game.
There are no doubt a lot of plot hooks you can get from here, but I would like to see some actually listed out. I think a few good one's would really help this sub out.
You know, this could be a perfect justification for a unicorn hunt, for example. You could imagine a dream world parallel to this one. Perhaps kingsleep makes you more active there. Maybe the slowed bodily functions make this a substitute for stasis on a slower than light colony ship. Imagine trying to build a new colony when everybody can only work for an hour a day. Etc etc. Go to Comment
Love it. Everything you want in an exotic flower. You get a bit of the evocative, a bit of the ol' NatGeo, the applications and uses, a splash of legend, and its adoption as a cult's symbol. Green-thumbs up! Go to Comment
Flowers bloom for only one reason: to get pollinated. This is a job that moths (and bats!) can do just as well as bees. Night blooming flowers are usually pale-colored or white so that their pollinators can see it easy. They are usually more fragrant, too, for the same reason. Go to Comment
Interesting, I like the part with it blooming at night, though probably not very realistic. I suppose it's a magical creation? However, the effects of the flower seem very severe. This could easily be a game breaker, despite the antidote and the plot hooks of the cult. Imagine a gang of PCs getting their hands on the only known antidote for this poison after presumably slaughtering their way through the cult, all human enemies would be rendered useless(if they rely on a kitchen staff or similar) or extremely paranoid at the very least. It would have to be extremely rare indeed. Go to Comment
Actually, I think a lot of this is based on Mexican cartels, now that I reread it. Vast quantities of cocaine and ammunition pass pass through their hands. Google "Mexican mass grave" if you want some idea of the scope of their activities. They never seem to have any trouble combined drugs and murder.
And there is a long history of combining drugs and assassins, at least in the public mind.
Actually, when I read fantasy, a common criticism I have is that organizations seem too one-dimensional. There has never been a "Thieves' Guild" in all of human history, but there have been more complex analogues associated with other stuf. Real world organizations are multifaceted and complex. Hamas does terrorism, but they also run soup kitchens, make music videos, and run for public office. The Yakuza deal with everything from gambling to prostitution, and yet they also pay taxes and display their tattoos openly in parades. Don't forget that they Yakuza has a tremendous number of rituals and secret symbols. During the 1995 earthquake, they used their helicopter to provide disaster relief--and they acted faster than the authorities.
Real life is weird, and the bigger a fringe organization is, the more diverse it is likely to be.