1. Everyone around becomes only able to see the color yellow. Fades after 1d3 days.
2. User talks in a high pitched voice like a chipmunk. Lasts 1d3 years.
3. For the next 10 minutes, all skin sticks to skin. Creatures stuck together will begin to merge.
4. Everyone swaps bodies! Effects permanent, but can be removed like a normal curse if both present.
5. The sun appears to turn into a giant, singing head. It shoots sunbeams at anyone who doesn't sing along.
6. Random creature turns into whatever it most scorns.
7. Everyone's bones vibrate, damaging them and playing techno music.
8. Gravity is turned sideways in a 1000' radius. Lasts 1 minute.
9. A tunnel appears going straight down. Leads to other side of world. Will become a major trade route.
10. The Stick begins assimilating the nearest objects, turning into a supergolem. Then it flies away. Go to Comment
11. Flying cats blanket the sky. Drop magical candies for miles around. Leave trail to giant gold cat statue.
12. Everyone gets the distinct, and irrefutable notion that they are hanging upside down by their feet.
13. Everyone nearby reduced to 1/100th their normal size. Permanent, but can be lifted as normal curse.
14. Everyone's arms disappear. Permanent, but can be lifted as normal curse.
15. User becomes a 1-werewolf, 2-werepig, 3-wereshark, 4-werewoman, 5-weredinosaur, 6-weretree.
16. Stick begins firing .50 cal bullets from tip like a machine gun. Fires continuously for 10 minutes. Loud.
17. Everyone trying to fight someone makes out with them instead. And vice-versa. Lasts 30 minutes.
18. Marakelzon, the God of Swords appears. Cannot be hurt by swords. Befriends dumbest person.
19. The whole world goes blind. Curable by magic. Children will not be affected.
20. Giant hand reaches down from heaven. Takes Stick. Scolds user. Go to Comment
21. Mysterious voices begin commenting on proceedings like baseball commentators. Lasts 2d6 hours.
22. User's (roll 1d4) 1-sex, 2-sexual orientation, 3-handedness, 4-accent changes.
23. User's eyes flash like strobe lights, blinding people. Makes whale noises. Smoke pours from mouth.
24. The gods stop whatever is happening and demand a dance-off. Winner gets a wish.
25. For the next minute, all arrows/missiles fired will land in the same place as the last arrow fired.
26. User turns into an extra head on the shoulder of the nearest creature with shoulders.
27. User gains the ability to shoot snakes from their fingertips. Cannot reuse until fingernails regrow.
28. User grows a pogostick tail. Lets them jump very high, but they become hyperactive and annoying.
29. Zombie apocalypse blankets the earth. All zombies obey User, and bow to him/her.
30. Rod gets bigger and bigger, increasingly translucent and vaporous until it everywhere and everything. Go to Comment
41. Fireflies. Billions of them. They appear in the air and gradually disperse.
42. Everyone within 100' inflicted with pirate accents for 10 minutes.
43. Everything and everyone within 100' becomes soft and rubbery for 10 minutes.
44. Everything not wet within 100' becomes perfectly sticky for 10 minutes. Standing = immobilized, usually.
45. Everyone within 100' starts lactating delicious milk. Even lizards and humanoid statues.
46. Owner grows giant butterfly wings. Can fly as long as sunlight is hitting the wings.
47. Everyone within 100' turn into wolves. Their gear drops to the ground. Mind unchanged.
48. (50%) the owner or (50%) the target permanently double in size.
49. The moon awakens into sentience and grows a giant face. Equal chance of being good/neutral/evil.
50. The stick vibrates, and then turns into two (non-magical) sticks. Then those sticks turn into 4 sticks. Then 8. After a billion sticks have been generated in this way, the entire pile disappears with a loud "WHOP!" Go to Comment
51. All inanimate objects within 100' awaken into sentience, comment on proceedings. Lasts 10 minutes.
52. Everyone can only speak in monosyllabic words. Failure to do so = hiccups.
53. Everyone's hair turns glowing golden-white, and they gain the ability to fly for 10 minutes.
54. All injuries within 10 miles are healed.
55. Nirvana. Nearest enemy becomes omnipotent, all-benevolent, and leaves to observe from the heavens.
56. User or target becomes a sparkly vampire.
57. User gets +1 to any action as long as they describe the action with a rhyming couplet. Permanent.
58. User or target becomes permanently drunk. Can only sober up by drinking alcohol.
59. Clones of the user begin emerging from beneath the tallest mountain. Establish independent nation.
60. Stick turns into a random (non-magical) monster. Loses stick powers. Either attacks or runs away (50% each). Go to Comment
Probably deserving of the "silly" freetext, but this is awesome! I now have someplace to put all those trivial, silly and strange magical effects that don't fit anywhere else. I especially liked the format (groups of 10 powers at a time), with the clear breakdown of how minor/major each should be. My favorites are 20 and 24. Go to Comment
While the stick itself is a nice curious object, all of those effects either A) Destroy your Campaign, or B) Turn it into a Monthy Python montage. But hey, if that's what you're after, then this is the stick for you! Go to Comment
Ooh, I like it. Definitely an interesting poison, and one which I could definitely see seeing some use in a game.
There are no doubt a lot of plot hooks you can get from here, but I would like to see some actually listed out. I think a few good one's would really help this sub out.
You know, this could be a perfect justification for a unicorn hunt, for example. You could imagine a dream world parallel to this one. Perhaps kingsleep makes you more active there. Maybe the slowed bodily functions make this a substitute for stasis on a slower than light colony ship. Imagine trying to build a new colony when everybody can only work for an hour a day. Etc etc. Go to Comment
Love it. Everything you want in an exotic flower. You get a bit of the evocative, a bit of the ol' NatGeo, the applications and uses, a splash of legend, and its adoption as a cult's symbol. Green-thumbs up! Go to Comment
Flowers bloom for only one reason: to get pollinated. This is a job that moths (and bats!) can do just as well as bees. Night blooming flowers are usually pale-colored or white so that their pollinators can see it easy. They are usually more fragrant, too, for the same reason. Go to Comment
Interesting, I like the part with it blooming at night, though probably not very realistic. I suppose it's a magical creation? However, the effects of the flower seem very severe. This could easily be a game breaker, despite the antidote and the plot hooks of the cult. Imagine a gang of PCs getting their hands on the only known antidote for this poison after presumably slaughtering their way through the cult, all human enemies would be rendered useless(if they rely on a kitchen staff or similar) or extremely paranoid at the very least. It would have to be extremely rare indeed. Go to Comment