20.Arsonist's Candle-A few minites after being lit, this candle fires a miniture fireball which is strong enough to set curtains in fire.
21.Cupid's Candle-This candle casts a mild love spell on people of the opposite sex to the lovemaker, but it only works when they are within six feet of the candle and when it is lit. Attemps to be too pushy will break the spell. Go to Comment
This candle when lit emits a potent vapour that makes those within range of it's light intensly sleepy. The largest of these can put people to sleep within thirty seconds, and those affected will remain asleep until the candle goes out.
32-Candle of Brat
When lit it makes those within six feet of it grumpy, demanding and convinced that they are the most important people in the entire world. Murders have happened because of the evil effects of this candle.
33-Candle of Theology
This candles evoke strong religious feelings in people, even in agnostics and atheists. If the person is allready very religious it can turn them insanely so to the point where the person becomes a holy warrior for their faith and a danger to those not of their faith. Unscrupulous priests and bishops often fill their churches and cathedrals with these to gain more worshippers. Go to Comment
This one flickers and it's light turns green when undead of any kind, from brainless zombies right up to mighty litches, are in the area within ten feet of it. It merely warns about the Undead, it does not keep them away.
37-Candle of Itch
This orange candle causes everyone nearby to start scratching themselves raw, unless they have strong self control. Go to Comment
The opposite of the Candle of Sobering, this candle strengthens the effects of alcohol drunk with it's light. Used by inkeepers against rival inns to cause fights on the premises, by date rapists to get women drunk and by those who want to get drunk as quickly as possible. Go to Comment
The candle when lit will summon a ghost that the summoner wants summoned. It does not control the ghost, and not all ghosts are happy to be summoned, so it is best to draw out a pentacle for safety and to remember that sometimes ghosts tell lies.
79-Candle of Impersonation
This candle when lit will let someone look and sound like someone else. If it is kept lit for too long the person will start thinking that they really are the other person, and when it goes out, the person turns back fully into himself or herself. Go to Comment
When this candle is lit, anyone within six feet of it will become lazy, and unable to concentrate on anything. It can be used to make people fail exams, for example.
55-Candle of Good Dreams
If lit and the person who lit it manages to get to sleep, it will prevent them from having nightmares. However, the next two times they go to sleep without lighting that candle first, their dreams will be horrible. Go to Comment
65- Candle of Coldfire
When lit this blue candle will rapidly cool down an area of several feet around it, and burns with the flame of Coldfire dancing on the wick. It is useful for preserving foodstuffs, being lit around a dead body laid out in state to slow decay, as air conditioning in a hot area or to make a dungeon paticularly nasty to be locked up in. A burn from this flame causes frostbite. Fires caused by this candle that get out of control are very hard to fight as they turn water poured on them to ice.
66- Candle of Lotion
When lit, a person wearing lotion who wants to wipe it off is unable to. Useful in a hospital setting for those with itchy rashes.
Two thirds of the 101 have now been done. (roughly.) Go to Comment
A great idea that didn't work so well in practise. The idea was that anyone giving evidence in court within range of this candle would have to tell lies, and so a nortorious gangster up on murder charges would be able to walk free. Sadly for him, it was too powerful and affected everyone in court, even the judge. The trial broke up in chaos and the cause was found. A retrial was done and the gangster was found guilty.
68- Candle of New Life
When lit, and prepared by burning a piece of paper with the true name of the target on it, this can be used to befuddle someone so they can be kiddnapped. If a lot of time (days or maybe weeks) is used, they can be made to think they are someone else and adopt their personality and behavior. However, if the candle blows out the spell is broken and the target gets all his/her memories back at once. Go to Comment
1. Candle of Sanctuary - When lit, this candle prevents anything with hostile intent towards the lighter from entering an area about the candle. Unfortunately, it can neither be extinguished nor moved once set alight, so it will prove useful only once, and only for a limited time. Variants of this candle could restrict various types of creatures from entering, rather than simply hostile ones.
2. Candle of Chill - The flame of this candle creates light as normal, but emits no heat.
3. The Thief's Candle - If allowed to sit on a table or other object, this functions as a normal candle. If someone holds it, however, then only they can see the light emitted by the candle.
4. Candle of Horror - This candle's magic functions only when it is the sole light source in an area. When this occurs, nightmarish creatures emerge from the shadows to attack those within the glow of the candle. If another light source is lit, the creatures vanish. This could be the perfect murder.
5. Candle of Warmth - The opposite of the Candle of Chill, this candle emits far more heat than its small flame suggests, making it useful for melting things or simply for keeping warm.
6. Sage's Candle - The flame from this candle will never spread. Even if toppled over into a pile of dry grass, the flame will not set the grass alight. Not so useful for adventurers, but very useful for those who fear falling asleep while studying.
7. Candle of Influence - If a person sleeps within the light of this candle, then anything said around him will seep into his mind, possibly altering his opinions when he awakes.
8. Candle of Reason - Should someone sleep within the light of this candle, they will have a greater understanding of any problems they were pondering as they fell asleep.
9. Candle of Soothing - Any angered or excited creature within the light of this candle will be soothed and approachable so long as they remain close to the flame.
10. Candle of Hope - Any despairing or frightened creature within the light of this candle will be reinspired with the will to survive/succeed.
11. Candle of Sanity - Any insane creature within the light of this candle will be rendered sane so long as they remain close to the flame.
12. Candle of Shared Burdens - All creatures within the light of the candle will take on an equal share of any fear, despair, or insanity possessed by any creature near the flame. A less-powerful variant of the Candles of Sanity and Hope.
13. The Necromancer's Candle - Any corpse which this candle sheds light upon will rise as a zombie under the command of whoever lit the candle.
14. The Mixed Candle - Has the effect of one magic candle ffor half its lifespan, and the effect of another for the other half. Imagine a Candle of Horror/Necromancer's Candle.
15. The Additive Candle - This candle will take on the properties of the closest magical candle which is shedding light upon it.
16. Candle of Binding - If used in multiples, these candles will form a line which no summoned creature can cross.
17. Candle of Mayhem - This candle will drive everyone whom it shed light upon to go into a murderous rage, attacking anyone nearby.
18. The Hypnotic Candle - Anyone who looks upon this candle while it is lit will be unable to take his eyes off of it.
19. The Fool's Candle - This candle causes all in its radius to percieve the area outside of its radius as darker than it truly is. Go to Comment
38. Candle of Inspiration - Anyone who sits within the light emanating from this candle while thinking is far more likely than normal to be struck by a good idea. (You can tell that this is wishful writing)
39. Candle of Smoking - After burning for a set period of time, this candle begins to emit a huge cloud of smoke, obscuring vision and making breathing difficult.
40. Candle of Discomfort - This candle emits an unpleasant odor which distracts all those nearby.
41. Candle of Explosions - After being lit for a certain duration of time, this candle explodes like a stick of dynamite.
42. Candle of Transport - These candles come in pairs. If both are lit, then extinguishing one will bring the extinguisher to the still-lit candle. Go to Comment
85. Candle of Soul Keeping
When lit, this candle protects the soul of the person who lit it. If he or she should die while the candle burns, they will not return as any sort of undead, nor will any dark sacrifice of them produce any benefit.
86. Candle of Recording
When lit, this candle burns down to exactly its halfway mark, then extinguishes itself. If lit a second time, the candle will completely burn out, replaying any sounds made within its radius when it was first lit.
87. Candle of the Valkyrie
While this candle burns, the person who lit it is under observation by the Valkyries. These candles are commonly lit by warriors before battle, and when camps are threatened in a battle, warriors have been known to break from combat to protect their candles. Go to Comment
When first lit, this candle 'records' all sound around it until extinguished. When next lit, it repeats the recorded sound, then extinguishes itself. The next time it is lit, it records all sound around it, and so on, until the candle finally runs out of wax. Useful for spies and courtly intrigue, but also for passing oral messages back and forth. Needless to say, in all forms it looks exactly like a normal candle.
4? + 2. Candle of Hushed Tongues
This green-hued candle is a favorite among conspirators. When lit everything said within a 10' radius is inaudible to those outside of perimeter. Lip-reading is still a risk, as well as a listening spell placed within the circle. Go to Comment
A non-magical candle that, depending on the strength of the fish oil mixed into it, can either knock out everyone within a confined space for up to three days, or kill them outright. The cause of death will most likely be untraceable by any but an experienced sailor.
(Inspiration from The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket)Go to Comment