Good luck getting close enough to do so :). The winds are hurricane force and debris could smack you necromancer before getting close enough. The souls are also damaged and individually incoherent, the effects of the Soul Rending wands used against them. Go to Comment
It could be limited by powerful, probably artifical, weather conditions. The strength of this composite being is such that conditions which normally control hurricane movement (water temprature for one) do not have a great effect. It will not stray too far inland, but since so much of humanity generally lives on the sea, this still provides ample opportunity for destruction. Go to Comment
I did not mention sky ships - it was a pure blue-water battle.
and yes, the Aldruku ships are a minor variant on a longboat. They were a lower tech level then the Nyoran fleet - more tribal vs the greek/romanesque.
And to be honest, I had more fun writing the naval battle over the storm. Think I'll need to add toit sometime. Sigh. I keep saying that :)
These small bricks appear as small stone blocks 8" inches long, 2" wide and 3" high.
When a command is given (generally enscribed on the top of the block), it will increase in size up to 4' long, 1' wide and 18" high. If it encounters solid material (including flesh) while expanding, it will cease expanding in that direction. Where they touch stone, they will meld into it. The expansion is actually a restoration of their original size, and so cannot be reversed (except via the magical process that created the small verisons in the first place).
These bricks were originally intended for use to build field fortifications and bridges, as well as to repair stonework. They found that these stones were used for many other purposes, including:
1. Being dropped from castle walls (and flying mounts) onto enemies - the command to expand given prior to impact.
2. Walling in enemies (Ala. A Casque of Amontillado)
3. Booby trap contruction (much easier to create deadfall traps)
4. Capsizing ships (An infiltrator could bring a number onboard and unbalance the ship once expanded)
5. Choking large monsters (Thrown into the monsters mouth before activation. It will stop expanding when it hits the sides of the throat,but has a good chance of choking the affected monster. Go to Comment