31 - Cheese of the Forest Pact
This cheese consists of a small hand-sized wheel wrapped in chestnut leaves. It is a soft deer cheese with a somewhat gooey and earthy outer rind and milder creamy center. While the flavor is complex and delicious it is only available in the fall when the druids emerge from the woods to trade with common folk and ensure the forest will remain undisturbed for another year.
32 - Casu Marzu
Casu Marzu is considered to be a delicacy to some and spoiled food to others. Part way through ripening the top of the cheese is removed and maggots allowed to infest the cheese. As the maggots digest the cheese they deepen its flavor and give it an almost liquid texture. The cheese is then spread over bread, with live maggots wriggling and jumping off. It is best paired with a strong wine.Go to Comment
While I enjoyed this creature I don't feel it's really needed in a game. The environment itself is what is causing the danger, and it does not need to be guided by some hungry foce. In a way I think the lack of rhyme or reason is what makes it more terrifying, that it is not something that can be killed or controled.
66. A white powder that looks like sugar. It's dandruff.
67. A silver-plated deluxe nose-hair trimmer. For the classy villian.
68. A small portable torture instrument such as a 'pear'.
69. Scabs, lovingly collected since childhood.
70. Silk sheets stained with... do you really want to know?
71. Bags upon bags of hair. Not scalps, just cut hair of all colors and lengths.
72. A rat mounted on a stick.
73. Used bandages.
74. A tin of worms.
75. A worn wooden scuplture of a naked woman. It's well oiled. At least you hope what is leaking out is oil.
This is very well thought out, and the idea of hiding some secret malvolent scripture and spells in plain sight has great plot potential. Parasites have that unnerving factor to them, this is a great addition to a horror game. I can't think of anything that could make this better.
Tumble: this button appears to be a flower formed from several pea-sized beads. When removed from an object of clothing the beads which form the petals fall off, creating a slightly treacherous five-foot square for those who do not tread carefully. Concentrating on the button will recall all of the beads, but only within thirty feet.