And people reading over my shoulder gave me more...
43) There’s always a taller mountain
44) You can’t drink soup with a knife (or sword)
45) Do not measure others by your own values
46) Wolves don’t eat wolves
47) Words are like sparrows. When they fly out, they cannot be contained
48) Blessed is he who expects little, for he’s rarely disappointed
49) As dull as dishwater
50) As big as a moose
51) Not everyone who wears a cowl is a monk
52) He who trust no one is trusted by no one
53) When you die, the house remains behind and you're still dead Go to Comment
86) There's anger in an open laugh.
87) Red-hot ashes are easily rekindled.
88) A black hen lays white eggs.
89) As cunning as the fox
90) The cat is his own best adviser
91) To be old and decayed dishonors no-one
92) Woe to him whose betrayer sits at his table
93) Every finger has not the same length, nor every son the same disposition.
94) It's difficult to choose between two blind goats
95) A scholars ink lasts longer than a martyrs blood
96) Firelight will not let you read fine stories but its warm and you wont see the dust on the floor.
97) A narrow neck keeps the bottle from being emptied in one swig.
98) Its for her own good that the cat purrs.
99) To the raven her own chick is white
100) You never miss the water till the well has run dry.
101) Everyone praises his native land.
102) If you put a silk dress on a goat he is a goat still. Go to Comment
Pick up a pathology/microbiology book, and add the diseases/syndroms to your game. Your players will freak out.
Coughed at? Diphteria. or tuberculosis?
Drunk from a muddy stream? Or just walked through? Well, let us introduce you to schistosomiasis...
Hit by a stream of energy? Too moch mana is ust like too much radioactivity - perhaps all mages could develop cancer early if too powerful...
Ideas ( System ) | June 19, 2004 |