The Needles of Zhi and Wu (Acupuncture Needle)
A set of acupuncture needles ordinary in every way except that they are of a green colour as if made of jade, rumoured to be so potent in healing properties that even revival of the dead are achievable.
These needles are the tools of trade of Bian Que, the miracle doctor of the Era of Spring and Fall. It was rumoured that Bian Que is in fact the offspring of the Goddess of Mercy and is a divine entity himself. According to such sources, these needles have developed direct healing qualities themselves as a result of prolonged contact with Bian Que with his godly presence pervading this set of tools.
Unknown- Immediately following the end of the Era of Spring and Fall comes the Period of the Warring States, a time of turmoil accompanied by many refugees of wars fleeing the Dragon Empire for more peaceful outlying regions. It was speculated that Bian Que and his family might have been among such refugees.
Go to Comment
Note: This is historical fiction since it is genuinely recorded in Chinese history that there was a miracle working doctor known as Bian Que active during what is known as the Spring and Autumn and the Warring States Period.
The Comb of Banafrit
A finely crafted comb made of a single palm-sized seashell, overlaid with specks of coloured stones. Small cracks along the teeth provide signs of frequent usage.
This item was commissioned by King Amenemhat and presented to his beloved Queen, Banafrit, as a birthday gift. According to folklore, Queen Banafrit has a particularly lustrous mane of hair that King Amenemhat lovingly brushes for her every morning, with this particular comb.
Buried with Queen Banafrit in the royal tomb
The Goblet of Victory
One of the cursed items recorded in the Annuals of History and Lost Artefacts, described as being surrounded by a dark forbidding aura. In appearance, this is a goblet shaped much like a Viking helmet, with two horns protruding out from the sides. Each of these horns carries a sheath made of silver.
Originally the heirloom of the royal line of Hampstead, this goblet was taken as one of the spoils of war by King Knut I of Stormhenge. This is also the infamous goblet that King Knut IX choked to death on while drinking a toast of celebration over victory at the Campaign of Roxwell.
Unknown- One tale has it that the goblet vanished mysteriously after King Knut IX’s death. Another source is certain that the goblet is now in safe-keeping in the Temple of Zorn, the All Wise and Merciful. There are also periodic rumours of it being seen in all places around the world.
Through consultation with Clergyman 2, the PCs had narrowed down the list of suspects to 3 possible parties:
1. The Order of Wisdom from the Earth which have a long rivalry with the Church over followers and conflicting theologies. It was speculated that the theft of the artifact might be an attempt to discredit the faith of the Heavenly Sight. The rumors currently flowing around town on the church angering their own deity and the artifact having been taken back as punishment seem to support this theory.
2. The "Unfaithful One" who was banished and just before his banishment was caught trying to taint the artifact with his unholy stain. While more protection had been put in around the artifact after the attempt, the "Unfaithful One" has his own unholy powers and his familiarity with the church would give him a reasonable chance of success in stealing away the artifact.
3. An overzealous patron of the Church who had expressed his desire to house the artifact in his own mansion in 'proper splendour'. It was clear that he had both the resources and the possible motivation for arranging for the artifact to be stolen.
I read this purely as a creation myth without any knowledge of the Locastus setting and liked the way the idea was executed, esp. the first part on the myth of the Grey Lady and the Seir ( I agree with Silveressa's point on the sci-fi terms although personally I just glossed over their actual meaning and interpreted them as being part of the description for a titanic battle with devastating impacts on the world so I didn't deduct any points for this aspect).
Overall, however, I did think this seems like a sub that has enough content to be labelled complete (and is accompanied with good quality write-up) but still lacks something to reach its full potential. In particular, I think the sub would have benefited if you could insinuate more on the culture of the Seir within the creation myth so that they are more vivid as a people. I think that would also address Silveressa's comment on this currently doesn't quite fit into the category of Lifeforms.
62. Extra recreation activity- train your pet croc!
63. Opens up a new career path as animal trainer
64. Provides a quick way of earning some money when short on cash- surely the novelty of seeing a croc performing ‘tricks’ on command will draw some spectators
Go to Comment
65. Be renowned for the entirely new unique “fighting with a croc at your side” style of combat