Fatä: For common folk "bubbly water" a transparant drink with bubbles that has rainbow colours in certain kinds of lights. Made by wizards on the Mara wizard islands. On those islands hardly anyone, except student wizards found worthy enough to study there and some trusted merchants can come. The Fatä comes spouting out of fountains and other taps. Some wizards are addicted to this concontion and can be found sitting in front of the fountain all day singing strange wizardly songs (Think about Pratchett's A wizard's staff has a knob on the end...) or hitting on innocent (or not innocent) female wizards.
The Fatä is taking off the island by the merchants to sell in more common regions, together with all the toys and trendy gadgets the wizards make in exchange for food from the merchants. (They make floating feet, a kind of Back to the future skateboard, bows for in ladies' hair that tie themselves, wonderful mechanical birds that seem alive and candy sticks that change colour all the time!). Go to Comment
- The PC could be a wanted criminal (whether you are innocent or not).
- Someone is trying to track him or her down to get revenge.
- The past is too painful to talk about (murdered lover or family, abused, raped, beaten, pestered and so on).
- The family you come from is too famous and you 1. wanna get away from all the fuss, or 2. don't want to attract attention too much (maybe in combination with your mission).
- Someone gave you a mission and you swore to keep it a secret.
- You have been lovers or very close to some wellknown criminal, and either are ashamed or do not want to have a duscussion about it.
- Any kind of mental disease (from bipolar disorders to Alzheimer...), or physical disease that might disable a group (always notice how people that got bitten in vampire movies pretend to their group nothing happened?) Go to Comment
I think even in a big country where they basically use the same metric system, you can play around with it.
In medieval days when Europe wasn't so "organised", every single guy that thought he meant something, would have coins made with his face on it. Not only that, since there were no approved central weights yet, a pound or a gold bar would weigh more or less depending on where you were and which weights they used. So things can get quite interesting just shopping on the market.
Not only that but some rivals might not allow eachother's coins in their area.
Also think of all the merchants that try to take advantage of the chaos and make much lighter or heavier weights. Go to Comment
In the harbour of a major city a large and terrifying ship made of human nails docks. Nobody seems to inhabit this ominous vessel, someone needs to go on board and unveil the mystery. In comes the PCs.
Encounter ( Water ) | February 15, 2011 |