Attached to the back, the Skalistyj is a pair of large guns which extend up to point over the shoulders. Each gun is capable of rapid-firing 25 mm shells from either or both barrels, and of being operated without the use of any hands, the skalistyj is a popular weapon for those in need of large amounts of firepower.
Attached to the elbows and/or knees, combat blades are just what they sound like - long, razor-sharp blades for use in close-combat, capable of shredding an unarmored opponent. Some variations on the blades allow them to be easily detached for use as utility knives.
Forearm Weapons System
A gun mounted to the forearm of the Putnazad suit, this system can mount most types of personal weapons - lasers, projectile weapons, plasma beams, or any other type of traditional firearm. The weapon itself must be detached to be reloaded, but can use a standard clip or power cell, allowing for convenient supply.
Traditonally, the weapon extends from just behind the back of the wrist, appearing almost like a small pistol attached to the forearm. A relatively common variant, however, extends considerably farther forward, looking more like a rifle, and includes a grip for a longer barrel and enhanced accuracy.
Where the forearm weapons system is merely attached to the forearm, the arm cannon replaces it. The entire hand of the appropriate arm is locked into the cannon, which takes up the lower half of the forearm, as well as the hand. The arm cannon allows for easier reloading from the outside, and allows for the integration of heavier weapons systems than could otherwise be mounted to the forearm. The necessary sealing away of a hand, however, means that this upgrade is less common than might otherwise be expected.
One of the more expensive upgrades to the suit, the Letjaga is a jetpack. Mounted to the back, the letjaga allows for full flight capability, as well as decent aerial mobility. The standard letjaga model allows for a full five minutes of flight, which can be greatly extended by moving in 'jumps' rather than by actually flying.
A modified version of a jetpack usually used on much heavier suits of armor, the Fliegendes Plus is a creation of the smaller firm, Peabody Arms. The Fliegendes allows for faster flight than the official letjaga, but offers a bumpier ride, as well as slightly decreased mobility. Go to Comment
Updated: Updated: Alright, I think I've hit on the questions mentioned.
I've left out enemies because any enemies she has are going to be a bit on the dull side - they'll either just be people who dislike her for her work, or they'll be business rivals, and either way there's not much to say about them.
Updated: Updated: Fixed some typos which were bugging me and added a new plot hook.
As a small challenge, the vast majority of the names in this sub (and the related Putnazad Armor) are homages to one particular television program. Guesses as to which (it's not that hard)? Go to Comment
I don't know - I kind of preferred it vague, if only because I could see a large number of ways that he could turn. Does he try to maintain his positions from life? Is he so morose as to be apathetic, letting demons run more loose than ever (which could be a great plot hook)? Does he, that he might be reunited with his loved ones sooner, actively seek the destruction of the universe? Perhaps in his melancholy he travels to the world, and, merely by being a demon, brings pain and suffering, when all he wants is some semblance of his old life back. Go to Comment
Let me throw in my appreciation with that of everybody else - I find this man amazing. If I could actually run the Superhero game I've had an urge to run recently, this guy would almost certainly find his way in.
1. Candle of Sanctuary - When lit, this candle prevents anything with hostile intent towards the lighter from entering an area about the candle. Unfortunately, it can neither be extinguished nor moved once set alight, so it will prove useful only once, and only for a limited time. Variants of this candle could restrict various types of creatures from entering, rather than simply hostile ones.
2. Candle of Chill - The flame of this candle creates light as normal, but emits no heat.
3. The Thief's Candle - If allowed to sit on a table or other object, this functions as a normal candle. If someone holds it, however, then only they can see the light emitted by the candle.
4. Candle of Horror - This candle's magic functions only when it is the sole light source in an area. When this occurs, nightmarish creatures emerge from the shadows to attack those within the glow of the candle. If another light source is lit, the creatures vanish. This could be the perfect murder.
5. Candle of Warmth - The opposite of the Candle of Chill, this candle emits far more heat than its small flame suggests, making it useful for melting things or simply for keeping warm.
6. Sage's Candle - The flame from this candle will never spread. Even if toppled over into a pile of dry grass, the flame will not set the grass alight. Not so useful for adventurers, but very useful for those who fear falling asleep while studying.
7. Candle of Influence - If a person sleeps within the light of this candle, then anything said around him will seep into his mind, possibly altering his opinions when he awakes.
8. Candle of Reason - Should someone sleep within the light of this candle, they will have a greater understanding of any problems they were pondering as they fell asleep.
9. Candle of Soothing - Any angered or excited creature within the light of this candle will be soothed and approachable so long as they remain close to the flame.
10. Candle of Hope - Any despairing or frightened creature within the light of this candle will be reinspired with the will to survive/succeed.
11. Candle of Sanity - Any insane creature within the light of this candle will be rendered sane so long as they remain close to the flame.
12. Candle of Shared Burdens - All creatures within the light of the candle will take on an equal share of any fear, despair, or insanity possessed by any creature near the flame. A less-powerful variant of the Candles of Sanity and Hope.
13. The Necromancer's Candle - Any corpse which this candle sheds light upon will rise as a zombie under the command of whoever lit the candle.
14. The Mixed Candle - Has the effect of one magic candle ffor half its lifespan, and the effect of another for the other half. Imagine a Candle of Horror/Necromancer's Candle.
15. The Additive Candle - This candle will take on the properties of the closest magical candle which is shedding light upon it.
16. Candle of Binding - If used in multiples, these candles will form a line which no summoned creature can cross.
17. Candle of Mayhem - This candle will drive everyone whom it shed light upon to go into a murderous rage, attacking anyone nearby.
18. The Hypnotic Candle - Anyone who looks upon this candle while it is lit will be unable to take his eyes off of it.
19. The Fool's Candle - This candle causes all in its radius to percieve the area outside of its radius as darker than it truly is. Go to Comment
38. Candle of Inspiration - Anyone who sits within the light emanating from this candle while thinking is far more likely than normal to be struck by a good idea. (You can tell that this is wishful writing)
39. Candle of Smoking - After burning for a set period of time, this candle begins to emit a huge cloud of smoke, obscuring vision and making breathing difficult.
40. Candle of Discomfort - This candle emits an unpleasant odor which distracts all those nearby.
41. Candle of Explosions - After being lit for a certain duration of time, this candle explodes like a stick of dynamite.
42. Candle of Transport - These candles come in pairs. If both are lit, then extinguishing one will bring the extinguisher to the still-lit candle. Go to Comment
85. Candle of Soul Keeping
When lit, this candle protects the soul of the person who lit it. If he or she should die while the candle burns, they will not return as any sort of undead, nor will any dark sacrifice of them produce any benefit.
86. Candle of Recording
When lit, this candle burns down to exactly its halfway mark, then extinguishes itself. If lit a second time, the candle will completely burn out, replaying any sounds made within its radius when it was first lit.
87. Candle of the Valkyrie
While this candle burns, the person who lit it is under observation by the Valkyries. These candles are commonly lit by warriors before battle, and when camps are threatened in a battle, warriors have been known to break from combat to protect their candles. Go to Comment